Wizard 6 Utility: Summon Iron Cohort

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is a daily power which allows you to summon an Iron Cohort to the battlefield.  It has an immediate interrupt, if it is adjacent to you and you are targetted by a ranged or melee attack, it becomes the target of that attack instead.

Now, this seems pretty straight-forward.

My question is, what happens if the Iron Cohort is not within melee reach of the triggering attack but is still adjacent to you.  It would become the target of the attack but the attack can't reach it, so the attack fails, correct?  What if the attack is Ranged 10 and the Iron Cohort is at Range 11 of the attack when this immediate interrupt triggers?
When the Iron Cohort becomes the target of the attack, if it is out of reach or range, the attack fails by being invalidated.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

When the Iron Cohort becomes the target of the attack, if it is out of reach or range, the attack fails by being invalidated.

That's how I thought it worked.  My Bladesinger had this power for a while but when I tried to use it like that, the DM kept saying that the attack automatically would work because the power said the Iron Cohort became the target instead.  -Shrugs-

Now, I am looking at using it on a Polearm Gamble Fighter.  Once per day, I can put it behind me and if something gets through my Polearm Gamble, I can use the immediate interrupt to invalidate the attack anyway.