6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Editing...
-NW "Behold blessed perfection!" --Sheoldred, Whispering One
Reserved.
Reserved.
This is in the tournament centre already and nowhere close to as needlessly complicated.
You have some terrible card recomendations here.  Flunkies?  Do you have any idea how easy it is to make this guy a dead CREATURE.  They just need to kill off your other guys until his 3/3 body has been rendered obsolete.  

Evolving Wilds is bad tempo.  A Mountain that comes into play tapped should not be used.

Dangerous Wager shouldn't be used in RDW.  We don't use CA, we use Virtual CA.  Virtual CA is all our stuff is useful early and we keep pressure up rendering many of the cards in their hand 'dead'.

Rings of Valkas does nothing on it's own and takes up a turn just to play it and then adds 1 cmc to any creature you want to haste.  It actually slows you down by playing it.  The pump is nice but again, it ate up a turn you could have played a creature.  Equipments are rarely, if ever, used in RDW.  Same goes for enchantments.  Furor is an exception because most removal is sorcery based, and the +2/+2 makes for a sudo-Pillar.  Pike also is too slow.

Reforge isn't worth it.  You have little control over when to spin the Wheel for cheep, and for 5 the effect isn't worth it.  When you hit 5 mana, you should have drawn enough creatures to keep up pressure that you don't need to dig for more. 

Dual Casting?  Really? Might be fun for burn.

Fervor might be reasonable but look at our solid creatures.  They all have haste already, except the 1-drops.  You don't need to spend 3 mana to make your turn 1/2 plays faster.

Plunge shouldn't be run.  It's card disadvantage.  You burn up 2 cards just for some more mana.  The creature you just sac'd has more value than an extra for your mana pool.

I could go on but I'll refrain from posting a wall of texted.  I wrote up a decent primer for RDW in the tournament center thread for it.

Also, when making a huge post like your first, please, use the sblock tag to make the post more manageable. 
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
You have some terrible card recomendations here.  Flunkies?  Do you have any idea how easy it is to make this guy a dead CREATURE.  They just need to kill off your other guys until his 3/3 body has been rendered obsolete. 

Sure, provided your opponent has that much removal.

Evolving Wilds is bad tempo.  A Mountain that comes into play tapped should not be used.

Hence the "stay away from this land" just sayin'

Dangerous Wager shouldn't be used in RDW.  We don't use CA, we use Virtual CA.  Virtual CA is all our stuff is useful early and we keep pressure up rendering many of the cards in their hand 'dead'.

Works well enough for me in some drawn out games.

Rings of Valkas does nothing on it's own and takes up a turn just to play it and then adds 1 cmc to any creature you want to haste.  It actually slows you down by playing it.  The pump is nice but again, it ate up a turn you could have played a creature.  Equipments are rarely, if ever, used in RDW.  Same goes for enchantments.  Furor is an exception because most removal is sorcery based, and the +2/+2 makes for a sudo-Pillar.  Pike also is too slow.

I'm inclined to agree.  I'll fix it.

Reforge isn't worth it.  You have little control over when to spin the Wheel for cheep, and for 5 the effect isn't worth it.  When you hit 5 mana, you should have drawn enough creatures to keep up pressure that you don't need to dig for more. 

Agreed, I don't like miracle cards in general.

Dual Casting?  Really? Might be fun for burn.

Some RDW's are more burn intensive than others. /shrug

Fervor might be reasonable but look at our solid creatures.  They all have haste already, except the 1-drops.  You don't need to spend 3 mana to make your turn 1/2 plays faster.

Inclined to agree.

Plunge shouldn't be run.  It's card disadvantage.  You burn up 2 cards just for some more mana.  The creature you just sac'd has more value than an extra for your mana pool.

Disagree, will elaborate in a moment.

Also, when making a huge post like your first, please, use the sblock tag to make the post more manageable. 

Sure I'll figure that out.

Back to infernal plunge:

My RDW:

x3 Vexing Devil
x3 Ash Zealot
x3 Rakdos Shred-Freak
x3 Cryptborn Horror
x4 Hellrider
x3 Guttersnipe
x3 Thundermaw Hellkite

x3 Rush of Blood
x3 Fling
x3 Brimstone Volley
x3 Searing Spear
x3 Infernal Plunge
x2 Dangerous Wager

x18 Mountain
x3 Hellion Crucible

Side

x3 Stromkirk Noble
x3 Pillar of Flame
x3 Thunderbolt
x3 Harvest Pyre
x3 Archwing Dragon

After fiddling with this for weeks now I have the deck exactly where I want it.  Fling and Rush of Blood with a Thundermaw Hellkite is more than even the most stout Thragtusk health gain deck can handle, and oh yeah, I'm getting Thundermaw Hellkite out on turn 3.  Dangerous Wager gives me my card draw, and I don't have to rely on gimmicky miracles or sorcery speed burns.

-NW