Zombie Bruna (Reanimator Aura deck)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
There are 2 sideboard cards and a few shocklands that are GTC, but I think that's fine seeing we're 2 weeks before release.

The main point of this deck is to mill out all the enchantments, Bruna and unburial rites in the library with Forbidden Alchemy, Dream Twist, Chronic Flooding and most importantly mirror-mad phantasm (which can apparently mill off half you deck), you usually wouldn't play this deck unless you have 3 or more lands in your possession. Reanimate Bruna, wait for them to attack or me to defend, then attach every enchantment alive onto her for the turn 5/6 win. (Hopefully she's be unblockable)

In the meantime, play Auras + invisible stalker in case of a long- and unfortunately -drawn-out game, or if my bruna gets slaughter games'd, or if they play Rest in Peace or something. (hopefully I'll end the game before they do)

The only problem is that there is that she might get bounced or killed during my attack or the turn where she has summoning sickness... this will set back my schedule ALOT.  I couldn't find a hexproof enchantment or something that helps her get past that point of weakness, so my sideboard has a lot of hexproof enablers like mizzium skin, elgaud shieldmate and ring of evos isle.

The alternative is haste, but I don't want to dip into red cuz my mana-base is already very limited, so I only have 1 choice of haste, that's the ring of valkas. (I need 5 mana to cast mirror-mad phantasm. Totally worth it though =X) 

My sideboard goes as follows:

Divine Favour and Supreme Verdict for aggro... (I'm also thinking of Armored Skaab or cathedral sanctifier)
Mizzium Skin, Shield-mate and ring of evos isle against bounce (or whatever annoyance they have)
Unhallowed Pact and Murder investigation(GTC card, when enchanted creature dies, put x +1/+1 soldiers where x is its power) for jund style removal (because lol you dreadbore my 28/28? Suck to be you I have now 28 1/1 soldiers)

Bruna is cheap (at around 3-4 dollars) so the total amount of my deck minus the land cost is 21 dollars. Even so, I only need the 2 cavern of souls, that would make it to 60 dollars if I don't mind the non-mana-fix-ness. So pretty cheap to make. I playtested this in some magic sim and ideally, it can produce a 32/32 unblockable bruna by turn 7. 

What can I do to make this deck better?

btw... SHE WANTS YOUR BRAINS.
Playtest Simulator (Ideally):
Turn 1: Hallowed Fountain
Turn 2: Drowned Catacombs; Invisible Stalker
Turn 3: Watery Grave; dark favor; attack with stalker
Turn 4; Isolated Chapel; ethereal armor; attack with stalker
Turn 5; Drowned Catacombs' mirror-mad phantasm; attack with stalker 
Turn 6; Glacial Fortress; use mirror-mad phantasm (gets unburial rites and a bunch of enchantments and bruna); flashback unburial rites for Bruna; attack with stalker
Turn 7; Attack with Bruna, attach all auras to stalker, taking her to 32/32; attack with stalker.
Honestly, there's no reason to reanimate Bruna, since it's a 6-drop. Instead worry about Enchantment based removal to maximize your Ethereal Armors. Invisible Stalker seems pretty miserable here because Bruna already flies and dodges Ultimate Price regardless.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Honestly, there's no reason to reanimate Bruna, since it's a 6-drop. Instead worry about Enchantment based removal to maximize your Ethereal Armors. Invisible Stalker seems pretty miserable here because Bruna already flies and dodges Ultimate Price regardless.

hmm. Well as long as enchantments don't get exiled, it will come back. Invisible stalkers are there to put pressure on them and provide an alt win-con; it'll be good to make them spend mana to get rid of the stalkers and buy me another turn. 

Any good suggestions how I can protect my ethereal armors? 
So GTC full spoiler, I made a few edits

I added Dying Wish: 1B when creature dies target player loses x life and I gain x life and sided out all the divine favor. This card makes my Bruna unkillable pretty much the only way to kill it is to get it before it attacks which I probably need to find some way to prevent without siding. Take things out... Dream Twist is expendible and maybe I can put Elgaud bearer/mizzium skin, but I feel like I won't have enough mill cards to accelerate my win-con...

Sideboard:

Mizzium skin is basically the same as the 1G enchantment, except I need anti-bounce cards; it will be pretty useless unless I have it in my hand. 

I can replace supreme verdict with sundering growth for artifact/enchantment hate. Maybe Ghostly flicker; this also helps against boardwipe and mass bounce...

Gift of Orzhova is 1W/BW/B that gives lifelink, flying and +1/+1. Could work pretty well with stalkers in case they ever need to stall.