Ankh of Mishra

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a deck that puts out threats like Ankh of Mishra
This deck is going to be aimed at multiplayer mainly - I wanna penalise peeps for playing fetchlands in MP. Laughing

Because Ankh penalises a high land count, I wanna keep the deck based on a max of two colours, and no cards that require a lot of mana.
Haven't decided on colours yet, still looking for viable cards.
Bloodchief Ascension is a contender for sure, and maybe Mana Breach

What else loves Ankh, or does a similar function?  
If you were trying to build a deck around Ankh; what else, and what colours would you include?

Warp World but Ankh of Mishra might kill you.

A few cards to go with Warp World that won't kill you.
Tunnel Ignus
Blood Seeker
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Lifegift to take a bit of the sting out of the Ankh?
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
Thanks everyone!

Lifegift to take a bit of the sting out of the Ankh?

I'm thinking to include a playset of Sun Droplet (great in MP and doen't need a colour) and if I go black I'd include Bloodchief Ascension for life gain aswell.

Warp World but Ankh of Mishra might kill you.

A few cards to go with Warp World that won't kill you.
Tunnel Ignus
Blood Seeker
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen

LOL.  Warp World!  Man that card is a mindmelt!
I don't like Tunnel Ignus, as against the majority of decks it does nothing.

Zo-Zu the Punisher, Storm Cauldron

Both very solid.

I'm thinking of making the deck rely on needing no more than 3 to 5 lands in play max.
If I can get that down to 3 or 4 I'll be pretty happy.

So far I'm looking at Red being a definite;
Ankh of Mishra & Zo-zu the punisher, both 4-of. 
And then ways to force players to play more lands, like Impending Disaster and hope it lasts till my next turn.
Storm Cauldron (with a set of Seething Song maybe?)
Manabarbs seems pretty nasty in a deck like this, I'm sure this is not a good idea?!?! 

I could run white for Armageddon & Ravages of War?   
Creature sweepers also.....   
White would also give me access to Island Sanctuary & Ghostly Prison

Blue gives me Mana Breach, Overburden, Propaganda, bounce & counter.
Black does have Bloodchief Ascension, maybe a couple Mindcrank to make the deck totally unfun, recurring creature threats, but what else is actually useful?   

So far I'm favouring white for land destruction, forcing players to cop damage from Ankh or Zo-zu.  
It also has great synergy with Dingus Egg. Laughing......although that could just kill everyone at the same time! LOL.
If anyone survives it, I could play another totally win-more card in Planar Birth!  ...oh man....where are my Angel's Grace?
Urza's Armor goes well with stuff like Manabarbs. You could also run creatures as a source of mana like Copper Myr, Gold Myr, Iron Myr, Leaden Myr, Silver Myr, etc...

And don't forget that white gives you a lot of damage prevention and life gain. Ajani's Mantra can really make a difference 
polluted bonds,  bit high on the casting cost tho
exquisite blood for profit.

You can run a bunch of artifact mana to help casting stuff too.