Things that made you laugh hilariously during a game?

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just finished my first game with my Niv-Mizzet deck. During the game, one player summoned his general, The Mimeoplasm, and chose Mortivore to mimic, resulting in a 28/28 monstrosity that could result in a one-hit general kill. Everyone watched nervously, till it got to my turn, whereupon I played a card I'd drawn (and revealed) with Augur of Bolas. Yep- pulled the ol' Switcheroo with the Augur and his general. "That's a fair trade," he conceded, as everyone burst out laughing.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I was messing around playing 1v1 with a mate waiting for games earlier today. I played Gisela against Sen Triplets which is also my deck. With Gisela out he casts Bribery, I copy it with Increasing Vengeance. He pulls my malignus out of my deck hoping to stop me one hitting him from 40 life. I pulled out Gilded Drake stole his Malignus and killed him the next turn by giving malignus a pro blue sword. 

Good fun. 

was playing against a friend in one vs. one, his general was Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker  and my general was Nin, the Pain Artist , for most of the game both of us just sat back keeping each other from swinging and trying to mill each other out.  I played Djinn Illuminatus and Krark's Thumb  waited a turn and played fourteen copies of Fiery Gambit sent sixty damage straight to my friend, untapped all of my lands and drawing nine cards, just in case he negated the damage.  My friend ended up scooping after seeing the damage.
I was messing around playing 1v1 with a mate waiting for games earlier today. I played Gisela against Sen Triplets which is also my deck. With Gisela out he casts Bribery, I copy it with Increasing Vengeance. He pulls my malignus out of my deck hoping to stop me one hitting him from 40 life. I pulled out Gilded Drake stole his Malignus and killed him the next turn by giving malignus a pro blue sword. 

Good fun. 

You can only copy your own spells with increasing vengeance

Mind you, this was stretched out over three games...the net effect is what had me laughing.

First game, I used my Merieke deck.  A lot of back and forth on that, but managed to come out on top with Magister Sphinx and a few swings from other beaters.

Second game, I pull out my Sisay deck.  I gain overwhelming board presence by turn 5, and had answers to just about anything my opponents could do.  Casting Ulamog was the last straw.

Third game, I decide to give my opponents a break(really, that was my thought), and pulled out the worst of my decks, headed up by Olivia.  Opening hand had Markov Blademaster and Blade of the Bloodchief.  Two turns later I had, and was able to cast 4 turns after that, Necropolis Regent.

So...if you try to lose, and win, what have you done?
Testing my friends trostani deck 1v1, I play teysa and have a nutty opening hand but fail to draw lands and trostani pulls ahead. Then my friend plays Eleanor born and locks the game... you see I have Darkest Hour in play so my dudes die and teysa gives me more... who just keep dying over and over again... forever. I told him he was dumb.

3DH4LIF3

Eleanor born?
My kindle auto corrected elesh norn.

3DH4LIF3

Terrible way to accidentally stalemate the game.
Its was. If id drawn just two more lands over the 6 or so turns I would have killed him too.

3DH4LIF3

I had Academy Rector in play and my opponent, who was most likely playing Omniscience in his mono-Blue wizards deck, Gilded Draked my Academy Rector. Once Academy Rector died and it hit the graveyard, I activated its ability and began searching my library for an enchantment. My opponent began to do the same. I stopped him citing the text on the card.  He persisted, most likely out of spite, but was soon clarified by the judge that it triggered in my graveyard. It my choice to exile it or not. I won the game by choosing Mirari's Wake and playing Genesis Wave for the win.
I was playing my Heartless Hidetsugu deck against four other people when I topdecked Worldfire. This was before it got banned and the only time I ever drew it in a game. One of my friends was playing a Nin, the Pain Artist deck.

Me: Cast Worldfire, floating mana to replay my general.
Friend: Cancel that.
Me: What if I don't float the extra mana?
Friend: ...I'll let it through.

Everyone else at the table then ganged up and killed him for letting me resolve that. I got killed shortly afterward, but it was totally worth it.
Rules Advisor
I will never forget the time the game was more or less stalled (down to 1v1; My Crosis versus his Zedruu). I draw my Chancellor of the Spires and cast it, targetting my opponent's Sleep. Next turn, I attack into my defenseless opponent and have the chancellor return to my hand because of my opponent's Dissipation Field. Profit.

Then there was the time where I was just starting. I don't remember the decks, but I tap my opponent's Primeval Titan with Ballynock Trapper then cast Sunblast Angel. Next turn I cast Puppeteer Clique and everyone bursts out laughing at amazing synergy from an otherwise worthless deck. (Seriously, My deck had no other comboes, and lacked any real wincons) 
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
I was playing my Heartless Hidetsugu deck against four other people when I topdecked Worldfire. This was before it got banned and the only time I ever drew it in a game. One of my friends was playing a Nin, the Pain Artist deck.

Me: Cast Worldfire, floating mana to replay my general.
Friend: Cancel that.
Me: What if I don't float the extra mana?
Friend: ...I'll let it through.

Everyone else at the table then ganged up and killed him for letting me resolve that. I got killed shortly afterward, but it was totally worth it.

HA. Speaking of world fire... I had one in my Gisela EDH for LOLZORZ.

So I play my worldfire with my friend and his GF. My friend was playing Sen Triplets and his GF was playing Olvia. So I cast worldfire, it resolves.

So now here's where I LMFAO.

So field is clear nothing absolutely nothing then I go...

Land, go.
Next turn:
I draw a SOL RING, TOP FREAKING DECK FTW.
Next Turn:
I look at my draw, I put it back and apologize for it's a freaking Anger.
I swing into my friend knowing he was my greatest threat killing him. Oh to add on to the insult no one else was top decking mana.
Next turn:
Nothing special, but it didn't matter I swing and win with an amazing top decking worldfire combo.

Best EDH day of my life.

Another one story;

Me and my dad were having an 2H EDH tourney. It was me with my Gisela, with his Rosheen Meanderer. We picked eachother for out awesome synergy our commanders  had. So we were doing awesome and haven't lost a match yet.

So it was my friend's Progenitus and some other comander I forgot VS us. I had a Sensei's Divining Top in play. EOT I top away and see:

Terminus

Bonfire of the Damned

I then proceed to put them in this order:

Terminus
Bonfire
Entreat

My friend then proceeded to ask if I stacked the deck. I just LOL and say no.

Same day, we get owned by a turn 2 reanimated Grave titan without any answers, karma can be a true bitch.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
Back when EDH was new, I was playing against one of those "money players." You know, the kind of guy that shows up to a local card store and pulls out a $3800 type 1 deck for casual play. He basically had a a type 1 EDH and preceded to spend every turn drawing and searching while I killed him with my general.
@zomfshark- Karma is only bad if you're monoblack or there's an urborg in play.

3DH4LIF3

I converted my "fair" Maelstrom Wanderer deck into a 97 lands plus Seismic Assault and treasure hunt

I thought it was hillarious.

I converted my "fair" Maelstrom Wanderer deck into a 97 lands plus Seismic Assault and treasure hunt

And so do I...I'm seriously going to do that now, just to play it for one game.  They'll never see it coming.:D
Just be certain to have some mana set aside in case you hit Treasure Hunt first. You'll either have to decline to cast it, or draw your deck. You'll need 3 red to cast Assault if that happens. Because of that, I included all of the Havenwood Battleground style lands and Sandstone Needle lands, all the Storage lands, and stack heavy on the mountains. I also run all the cycling lands that I can.

Remember to act surprised when it happens, like all your other spells vanished. 
Just finished my first game with my Niv-Mizzet deck. During the game, one player summoned his general, The Mimeoplasm, and chose Mortivore to mimic, resulting in a 28/28 monstrosity that could result in a one-hit general kill. Everyone watched nervously, till it got to my turn, whereupon I played a card I'd drawn (and revealed) with Augur of Bolas. Yep- pulled the ol' Switcheroo with the Augur and his general. "That's a fair trade," he conceded, as everyone burst out laughing.

So last friday I was in a 3 player game. My one friend playing a goblin deck based on wort, boggart auntie, he had grave pact out, and his goblin chirurgeon. We know it's a combo deck and he was waiting for his kiki-jiki or goblin firestarter i think he uses.

my other friend lost all his cards in hurricane sandy, and was using my friends grimgrin. So, the guy playing grimgrin played a praetor's grasp and took the kiki jiki...good play right?!

we were also playing the Planechase variant and truga jungle was in play I believe, and I'm not sure this should've went down the way it did, but no one was paying attention this game, so the guy took the kiki jiki, and we're happy, no more combo and he'll now need to contend with beef with small goblins. During his turn, the guy decided to tap for 3 red mana, 2 colorless, and plays the kiki jiki!! the other guy promptly sacrifices the chirurgeon, and the kiki dies since the gravepact was out. With my head in my hand I had to scream why would you do that after you just destroyed his combo?!!?! 

hindsight being 20/20, i'm not sure it would've even worked, since commander rules state if your lands generate mana that isn't in your commanders cost, it becomes colorless. So, the red mana, he never should've gotten, right?...like i said we were all kinds of screwed up that game as a the guy playing the goblin deck duplicantconsecrated sphinx and also was copying the ability.

No one was paying attention !!!
@zomfshark- Karma is only bad if you're monoblack or there's an urborg in play.

Ha.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats

That reminds me of a Maelstrom Wanderer deck another friend of mine had. It was designed to always grab Mind Over Matter and Temple Bell with cascade, so every other card was either a land or an 8+ CMC card. The funniest part? Among all the other stuff, this was the only deck I've ever seen that actually ran Scornful Egotist.
Rules Advisor
so here's the set up:
I've just completed my new stonebrow deck (complete with shiney stonebrow) and after a match were it went 2-1 against my fiance's sen triplets deck, she complained "your creatures are just too big for my deck." So i slid her the mayael deck and said "let's test that theory."
The only game we played was a long one, both of us trading creatures creatures via combat shenanigans and her blowing up the field and slowing my attacks with ghostly prison. Throughout the entire im holding insurrection thinking "this thing isnt gonna do much in this game i should just cast it and whack for some decent damage but not lethal damage. Eventually she stabilizes with 21 and a field consisting of mayael, eternal witness spearbreaker behemoth oversoul of dusk vagrant plowbeasts it that betrays and that 8/8 trampling elemental dude from innastrad. My field held 12 lands stonebrow kodama of the north tree, and gratuitous violence. She cracks for 25 with plowbeasts, the elemental, and it that betrays, she saw i was having a hard time deciding on what to sac to the annihilator 2 and she said "is that enchantment really worth saving?" "Why yes it is dear" i reply and promptly hand her stonebrow and kodama for the eldrazi's effect and go down to 15 life. "Your gonna do something that's gonna piss me off next turn arent you?" "Like win the game? Yes dear I am" My turn cast insurrection and swing with the 11/11 who's damage is doubled because of the lil red enchantment.
I ask you was the 20 minutes of cursing and the accusations of cheating, and a night of celebacy worth the "w".....yes it was....so very very very worth it  
so here's the set up:
I've just completed my new stonebrow deck (complete with shiney stonebrow) and after a match were it went 2-1 against my fiance's sen triplets deck, she complained "your creatures are just too big for my deck." So i slid her the mayael deck and said "let's test that theory."
The only game we played was a long one, both of us trading creatures creatures via combat shenanigans and her blowing up the field and slowing my attacks with ghostly prison. Throughout the entire im holding insurrection thinking "this thing isnt gonna do much in this game i should just cast it and whack for some decent damage but not lethal damage. Eventually she stabilizes with 21 and a field consisting of mayael, eternal witness spearbreaker behemoth oversoul of dusk vagrant plowbeasts it that betrays and that 8/8 trampling elemental dude from innastrad. My field held 12 lands stonebrow kodama of the north tree, and gratuitous violence. She cracks for 25 with plowbeasts, the elemental, and it that betrays, she saw i was having a hard time deciding on what to sac to the annihilator 2 and she said "is that enchantment really worth saving?" "Why yes it is dear" i reply and promptly hand her stonebrow and kodama for the eldrazi's effect and go down to 15 life. "Your gonna do something that's gonna piss me off next turn arent you?" "Like win the game? Yes dear I am" My turn cast insurrection and swing with the 11/11 who's damage is doubled because of the lil red enchantment.
I ask you was the 20 minutes of cursing and the accusations of cheating, and a night of celebacy worth the "w".....yes it was....so very very very worth it  

+1 Sir. I love wins that involve Insurrection. lol

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

I was in a multiplayer game and the Generals for this story are not important. Each player goes around the table and lays a land, the last guy to put a land into play drops a Terramorphic Expanse and goes to fetch a land, to which he hears, "I'm gonna Stifle that!"  The funniest part of the story is the response to the Stifle, "Aw man you just screwed my whole game!"  Everyone at the table bust out into laughter.

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!

I've had my Marsh Flats stifled. That's the worst feeling. Pay a life, sac a land, and get nothing.
Not a play but a reading of the card. The game state was silly and something needed to get dead. My friend is going to cast phyrexian ingester and we debate about the best target, the big dragon or the big token. Then its pointed out that it says non-token. So we evaluate and after a couple of scenarios decide on the token... then realize it still says non-token. Turns out there was only play was to invest the dragon.

Its funny how you misread cards over and over.

3DH4LIF3

Not a play but a reading of the card. The game state was silly and something needed to get dead. My friend is going to cast phyrexian ingester and we debate about the best target, the big dragon or the big token. Then its pointed out that it says non-token. So we evaluate and after a couple of scenarios decide on the token... then realize it still says non-token. Turns out there was only play was to invest the dragon. Its funny how you misread cards over and over.

Yea... for a while I misread the Scars of Mirroden Dual lands as they came into play tapped unless you control two or more lands. Felt like a tard when someone stopped me and corrected me in the middle of a multiplayer game in which I had the darn Razorverge Thicket in my hand the opening hand and waitied till after I had played 3 other lands before dropping it. Needless to say I was thrown off my balance the rest of the game and made several misplays and lost.

Derp. I didn't laugh, but the rest of the group did. lol

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

+1 Sir. I love wins that involve Insurrection. lol

Here's one more for you, then.

I was playing a 3-player FFA against Jarad and Doran with a custom-made commander (a 4/3 with flash, trample, and Backlashed something when coming into play for 4).  I have a reasonable board position with Skeletal Vampire, bat tokens, and a couple of other random creatures.  My other friends didn't have all that much, but certainly not enough to be attacking.  Despite my superior board presence at the time, I didn't actually have all that much going on.  I did, however, have an Insurrection in my hand.

Meanwhile, my friend playing Jarad was dredging basically every turn, skipping every draw step possible.  I knew what he was going for, too.  It was pretty obvious to me that he had an Eternal Witness in hand and was just looking for a Living Death to get back to his hand.  Finally, he mills it, gets it back, and plays it, dumping the most creatures into play by far.  The Doran player gets a few out, while I get the least of anyone, being the one playing a deck that spends most of its time killing creatures.  The Doran player attacks me for a bunch and I prevent just enough to keep me alive.

Then I Insurrection.  Game over!
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Ive got a few from recent memory that made me laugh.

I ussually play some type of control in commander, SO i decided to switch it up an build something more agro.    Built a voltron style Sigarda, hot of herons with full equipment package and stuff.

Playing first game, Deck works like a charm.  I ramped a little bit.  Steelshapered gifted darksteel plate to make Sigarda even hard to deal with.  Turn six, I was able to cast and equip.   Next turn, i played and equiped fireshrieker for double strike and started beatting down.  yay.

Next game, the guys sandbagged some answered for my better equipments and used tutors to find answeres for my general.  but the cant get em all.   One friend exiled my darksteelplate, so i shuffled it back in with riftsweeper and then tutored it up with stoneforge mystic. a few swords and such later i had a 8/8 double strike, pro every color riftsweeper.  I killed one opponent with it. and another friend killed the other player.  I go to swing on him on my turn, which woulda killed him with war and piece triggers, but i failed to notice or even consider the COLORLESS ELDRAZI SPAWN token that that silly rampant grown variant made him and he chumped. his turn: Inssurection and kill you. /facepalm

very last game, things are looking very grim for me.  I drew almost all of my ramp and very little else.  I ramped hard and kept recasting my general.  But with out anything else to buff her up she got killed a few times.  I get knocked down to 15 or so life, and cast boundless realms on my next turn for 9 or so lands.    best thing ever happens,  mike windfall'ed so he could fill up but it drew my 6 cards two.   Included among them,  darksteel plate, fireshrieker, and a day of judgment.  Cast the plate and general, equip the plate and wipe the board. next turn i topdeck a sword of fire and ice and proceed the beatdowns again.  ......this time i killed capt insurrection first...... but got ate by my own general again when i got targeted by Reigns of power...

......this is why i like control lol
:For autocarding, write [ c ] card name [ / c ] You can also do [*c=lightning bolt]'Bolt[/c*] to get 'Bolt sigged because I always forget to do it
This is a warning about why you shouldn't play mana flare.  Im playing Riku in a four person pod.  I hit turn one sol ring, a turn two cultivate, turn three Riku, turn four prime time. I had gone first and the guy who is playing behind me goes i play mana flare.  I'm not sure if the òther guys at the table saw my troll face but the other two at the tablè tried to talk him out of it but he still played it.  My next turn went eot harrow copied untap time stretch copied lol.  Through those next four turn my deck turned into a three ring circus of **** tooth and nail entwined and copied getting verinclux palinchron memarch and ewit getting back time stretch, and making infinitie palinchrons.  The tabłe scooped.  While I was the only one laughing the other two guys did give the guy a whole bunch of **** for playing màna flare.  So he played mana flare and no one else ever got to untap again, and i ccombod out turn five because of mana flare. Dont let this happen to you don't play mana flare 
Mana flare... 

1v1, my friend lands a heartbeat of spring which allowed me to start dropping my dragons. I land Planar Portal and have enough mana to do what ever I want. The problem was my deck wins by using Heartless Hidetsugu followed up with an earthquake effect. My friend is playing Trostani and has  Sprout Swarm and pumps on board so he's making three or four 5/5 saps every turn. I'm burning through his gained life with Sugu equipped with Basilisk Collar, and grind out a win after dealing well over 100 damage to him.

After wards I realized I could have just tutored for a Wheel of Fortune to get rid of that annoying instant and probably just won several turns earlier. I chuckled at my folly.

3DH4LIF3

This happened awhile ago but I was playing with two friends. I was plaing Braids (like I said awhile ago.  So really early in the game I got mana screwed and pitched Phage the Untouchable way early in the game.  So as the game goes on I forget allabout it.  Now if you have ever played against a braids deck you know a lot of stuff ends up in the graveyard.  Well one of the othèr players had finally resolved Liliana Vess ,s final ability, and was very pleased about killing us with our own creatures.  My buddy and I are wonderíng what we are going to do to answers it and as I'm pawing through my graveyard way down at thè bottom I see Phage and I start laughing.  After I showed phage to the others at the table they got the joke it was one of the funnier magic moments.  The guy was a pretty good sport about it. That story is directly related to why I no longer ru Phage in any EDH deck ever! 
During a 3-player game I was playing my :brm: HATEHATEHATE deck. I dropped an early Lethal Vapors to keep the board dry while whittling my opponents down with Underworld Dreams. Eventually someone else at the table manages to steal my Underworld Dreams and reduces me to 1 life with a couple of indestructible creatures so that I'll die on my draw step. I proceed to pitch my next 100 turns into the Lethal Vapors to avoid dying. I had a couple of burn spells in hand and mana untapped, but my opponents got wise and finished me before turning on each other.
Rules Advisor
Someone responded to my Armageddon by letting his Plague Boiler boil over.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Seems like a good play.

3DH4LIF3

Never mind, my public school education was evidencing itself
Mana flare... 

1v1, my friend lands a heartbeat of spring which allowed me to start dropping my dragons. I land Planar Portal and have enough mana to do what ever I want. The problem was my deck wins by using Heartless Hidetsugu followed up with an earthquake effect. My friend is playing Trostani and has  Sprout Swarm and pumps on board so he's making three or four 5/5 saps every turn. I'm burning through his gained life with Sugu equipped with Basilisk Collar, and grind out a win after dealing well over 100 damage to him.

After wards I realized I could have just tutored for a Wheel of Fortune to get rid of that annoying instant and probably just won several turns earlier. I chuckled at my folly.

The rules for Commander say 21 damage from the general = win.  Against a life gain deck that starts at 40 life, tapping Heartless Hidetsugu once is enough to win.

COMBAT Damage.

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

The game itself doesn't usually make anyone in our group laugh unless something completely batty happens. By Batty I mean unexpected...perhaps even to the person playing it.

But besides that we keep it pretty fun in the conversation we have. Several of us have a pretty good handle on comedy.
Playing against a buddy's golem deck, score was ≈18-4 in his favor, when he pulls out Platinum Emperion. I responded with Clone. we were at a stand still for an hour
I have my commander Maelstrom wanderer equipped with Sword of light and shadow, and an opponent, playing Jarad, has taken like 16 commander damage from it. Only thing stopping me from killing him is his Solemn simulacrum.

My only removal spell in hand is Chaos warp, but odds are he won't flip a nonblack creature, and then he'll be dead. So I go for it.

Flips Sylvan primordial. Not only can it block, it kills my sword.
Sign In to post comments