Bugbear Berserker

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well not just the bugbear as there are more monsters coming out with "Whenever an adjacent enemy creature is destroyed, untap this creature." So if a creature is killed next to it, it can untap, does that mean it can attack again? now what if its not the bugbear that kills it, say the bugbear has gone attack, and a goblin cutter after it goes and delivers the final blow? the bugbear untaps, is it free to attack again?

The reasononing for the question is reading the rule book gives me the impression that after you have finished with a creatures activation, it is unable to do anything else, after you move on to the next creature.
Your understanding of the rule book is correct. Essentially, if it's done it's activation, it doesn't matter if it becomes untapped because it can't go through a second activation. Therefore, you usually want to activate your other units first to soften up targets (or at least force them to blow their immediates) befor a big bugbear spree. I find things like drow wizards work really well to support this.

Then you want to jump in from stealth with a vial of poison and a magic short sword on top of undaunted surge and kill something with 60 hp, then use your move action, use another standard, throw in some quick jabs, kill something else, maybe do a sneak attack for a third standard to get to a new targe, kill something else, etc.
One thing you can do with a bugbear that is untapped but already finished its activation is use it to contribute to a higher level order card, like a Sneak Attack or something.
One thing you can do with a bugbear that is untapped but already finished its activation is use it to contribute to a higher level order card, like a Sneak Attack or something.

Correct.  It can also be pretty cool to do this with a Bugbear that has yet to activate, since it can then untap for its own activation.
Yes, if you ever see 2 bugbears together be very afraid.

If there is a L3 CHA creature anywhere near be utterly terrified.

Now there are cards like Fear and Hypnotic Gaze to add yet more 'herding enemies' to existing 'moving own creatures outside own activation' two adjacent bugbears can repeatedly help each other perform cards like 'killing blow' or 'sneak attack'.

It can take practice remembering which creatures have acted in their own turn and which have acted in another createure's turn though  
Hey Here is a quicky. If you "Hypnotic Gaze" a "BugBear" and he kills the target can you untap and hit an adjacent enemy ?

Hey Here is a quicky. If you "Hypnotic Gaze" a "BugBear" and he kills the target can you untap and hit an adjacent enemy ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  The Bugbear untaps if an adjacent enemy creature dies, and when he untaps he can use another standard, so I guess the answer is probably yes, on the other hand the Bugbear can't use Hypnotic Gaze because he doesn't have Cha.
Hypnotic gaze allows you to slide a target, and then your creature makes a melee attack (usually against that target). It is not the target of the hypnotic gaze that makes the melee attack. I think that may be the misunderstaning here. This is on a faq page somewhere.

As far as synergistic use with the bugbear, well, it would be tough but if you used the bugbear to assist something else, then you used hypnotic gaze so that you would kill something next to the bugbear, the bugbear would untap and be good to go for its activation. 

OK :/     
 If my Lich uses Hypnotic Gaze on an enemy BubBear and he kills the target can you untap the BugBear and get to make a 2nd attack against an adjacent enemy ?
The enemy bugbear does not make the attack, he is only slid. Your lich makes the attack. 
And the Light turns on my friend. I have been useing Hynotic Gaze all wrong. I thought it allowed you to move an enemy and attack with him.  So if i'm 5sq away it is rather point less to use because I can only slide him 3sq. It doesn't state who actually makes an attack. Bummer sad days for the undeath
Not entirely useless when 5 squares away: it states "make a melee attack," not "make a melee attack against the slid creature. It can be used to slide one creature, say into damaging terrain or next to someone who can hit it with melee so they don't have to move first, and then attack a different creature that is already adjacent to the one using HG.

Another favourite is to fly the Dracolich into a group of enemies, hypnotic gaze one next to it, then fear all of them closer to my troops.
Very nice, looking at from that way does give me more to to work with, and solves some of Undeaths lack of movement. And That is a dirty move with the fear. Thanks for the InFo Bro!