A Hairless Thoctar thread; Green cards the third

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Longfall

Sorcery
Destroy target creature with flying. That creature deals damage equal to its power to its controller.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the fall that kills the guy beneath you.

-I've had this in the back of my mind forever. You kill a thing, it falls on another thing. Simple as that.
   
  Lotusvale Guardian

Creature-Hydra
Vigilance
: Add eight mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool.
8/8

-Because why the hell not. I want to see some expensive mana dorks that don't entirely suck.
  
   Homeostasis

Instant
Draw three cards then discard two cards unless you discard a creature card.
Life begets ingenuity.
        
-I tried this once before, but that was before I really noticed that green card draw is restricted to creatures. 

Acorn harvest

Instant
For each forest you control, put a 1/1 green Squirrel creature token onto the battlefield.   

-Howl of the Night Pack cut in half.
       
Lotus Vale Guardian is gorgeous.
Waiting in the Weeds

I like longfall. Green uncommonly has flight hate Cockatrice

And the hydra is beautiful

I thought you were against green flying hate...

But Lotusvale Guardian is Chicken Soup for the Timmy soul, and I'm not convinced it isn't also a really powerful card too. Great design.

Mehhhh...I really don't like Complusive Research like cards in Green, they just feel so blue to me at this point. In a Planar Chaos 2 I would totally accept them, because there isn't a great reason Green shouldn't have them, it just doesn't feel right.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
But Lotusvale Guardian is Chicken Soup for the Timmy soul, and I'm not convinced it isn't also a really powerful card too. Great design.


it's not powerful. it's an 8-drop that doesn't do anything for a turn.

that said it is a great design.

longfall should be green-red. green doesn't do direct damage.

 

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

 

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

But Lotusvale Guardian is Chicken Soup for the Timmy soul, and I'm not convinced it isn't also a really powerful card too. Great design.


it's not powerful. it's an 8-drop that doesn't do anything for a turn.

that said it is a great design.

longfall should be green-red. green doesn't do direct damage.

 


I'm not sure whether it is good or not, because it is what you say, but on the other hand it is an acceleration target that accelerates, which makes me feel like this could find a place in some sort of deck looking to resolve massive X-spells. It fulfills a role that hasn't been filled before, thus the uncertainty.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Beacon of Creation, woot.

Homeostasis is sort of cool, but probably bork'd.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I thought you were against green flying hate...


It's hust hard to justify
"long fall" sounds more like a blue or black effect

I could pretend green hates flyer like blue hates islandhome
blue can't go on land
land can't go to air

I had no idea that Waiting in the Weeds was a thing, and totally forgot about Beacon.
I suppose that it being at a lower rarity makes it more interesting in limited, but I feel mighty foolish for not bothering to look up if this was a thing before. 
 
longfall should be green-red. green doesn't do direct damage.


Ever since they pulled Hurricane out, true. But straight flying hate is so unappealing a lot of the time. I want to find ways to spice it up.
I think that things like Crushing Vines and Eaten by Spiders are steps in the right direction, but I want to see where else it can be taken. I don't think the damage is too much of an issue, since the base effect is sorcery speed Plummet and the damage is an afterthought. You don't get the bonus without doing something more typical for green. Almost like a cantrip.    


 

Homeostasis is sort of cool, but probably bork'd.



On one hand, Lead the Stampede lets yo dig (and potentially keep) 5.
On the other, this is instant speed and lets you keep things other than creatures or lands, which is highly irregular for this sort of thing in green.
also the name acorn harvest is being used.
Don't be too smart to have fun
The first, I'm pretty sure dealing damage directly to a player is red. The entire card could be red. (BTW, the funny thing about Eaten by Spiders is I can't help but think "Is this to be used against Caw-Blade? Because it's late by a year, and wouldn't work anyway." It's somewhat useful in EDH against Voltron decks if their general has flying or if one of the equipments has flying, but that's about it, and Whispersilk Cloak is the better evasion ability in that case.)

The second, I like the idea, but again (and I can't help but feel I've had this conversation with you before), I'm not going to be doing anything with an 8-drop but attacking. Except maybe a Coalition Victory (which, TBH, I already have out).

Homeostasis is an interesting idea for green looting, though I don't see how the name fits the flavor. Are spells now part of our body chemistry (besides obviously the brain)? Homeostasis would be a great name for "You and permanents you control have absorb 1." or something though.

Acorn Harvest is nice.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt