Steel Hellkite/ Training Grounds

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I deal combat damege with Steel Hellkite and I have a Training Grounds. If I activate the {x},  Is the activation cost 1 mana for casting costs of 1, 2 and 3 mana? 
Yes.

If you choose that x=3, then the cost of the ability is - = . If you choose x=2, it costs - = , which turns into due to training grounds' clause. And if you choose x=1, it costs  - = -1 mana, which turns into .
Yes.

If you choose that x=3, then the cost of the ability is - = . If you choose x=2, it costs - = , which turns into due to training grounds' clause. And if you choose x=1, it costs  - = -1 mana, which turns into .

Thanks, What about creatur with colerd activation cost like Evil Twin? can I chous to pay ither one blue mana or one black mana? 
What about creatur with colerd activation cost like Evil Twin? can I chous to pay ither one blue mana or one black mana? 

No. The cost is reduced by (two colorless mana). Neither (blue mana) nor (black mana) are colorless mana.

total cost
= activation cost or alternative cost + additional cost and cost increases - cost reductions
= -
=
What about creatur with colerd activation cost like Evil Twin? can I chous to pay ither one blue mana or one black mana? 

No. The cost is reduced by (two colorless mana). Neither (blue mana) nor (black mana) are colorless mana.

total cost
= activation cost or alternative cost + additional cost and cost increases - cost reductions
= -
=

k thanks, just cheking.
And if you choose x=1, it costs  - = -1 mana, which turns into .

"up to less to activate.", so - = .

Even if it didn't say that, it would be - = . See the ruling for Arcane Melee.

Training Grounds specifically says that it can't reduce costs to less than one mana.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Oh, are we discussing semantics then? Your previous post made it seem like you were trying to say that Steel Hellkite's ability would cost for x=1 or 2 with a Grounds out.

If it's semantics though, please feel free to continue. ^^
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
It says "yada yada, activated abilities cost up to 2 less. This effect cannot reduce the amount of mana an ability costs to activate to less than one mana". That can't clause in there prevents you from getting a cost ability. I honestly don't see where the conflict is.
oh, thought it said not less than zero! Sorry. I thought that was weird... Incorrect posts deleted.