Question about Condition Advantage/Disadvantage

I've been reading the "How to Play" section of the Playtest rules and am missing something. They say in the section about conditions (Stunned, Blinded, etc) that characters sometimes have advantage or disadvantage, but they never give the ammount of the advantage. Are they refering to 'combat advantage' and should I be assuinging +2 or -2 to an attack roll?

I've been reading the "How to Play" section of the Playtest rules and am missing something. They say in the section about conditions (Stunned, Blinded, etc) that characters sometimes have advantage or disadvantage, but they never give the ammount of the advantage. Are they refering to 'combat advantage' and should I be assuinging +2 or -2 to an attack roll?

Advantage: Roll two twenty-sided dice, take the best result.

Advantage: Roll two twenty-sided dice, take the best result.

Disadvantage: Roll two twenty-sided dice, take the worst result.
My two copper.
Advantage and Disadvantage can be found on page 2 of the How To Play PDF.

I think you are looking for situation bonuses and penalties that were similar in 4th edition.
What 5th edition is attempting to test is instead of giving a bonus or penalty to an existing roll, your bonus is that you roll a d20 twice and take the higher roll, and your penalty is that you roll the d20 twice and take the lower roll. Then you add your ability modifiers+magic and other modifiers(but not situation modifiers.)

My program is not the 5th edition playtest but my own playtest because I don't want to violate the agreement. I changed the numerical bonus and penalties to RollType where you can roll advantage and disadvantage. Test it out.
kira3696.tripod.com

My D&D5E JavaScript Roll Tracker http://dnd5.weebly.com/

Sign In to post comments