Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey Toph, I think it'd be a good time for you to clear Order to self-ascend. It'll bring more things into motion to get things rolling and far more relevant is that Leaf is trying to set order to things and it doesn't make much sense for it to happen with the representative of Order to be present. He might have a few things to saw about the administration of his domain after all.

Seems like it could just be an act of reality bringing into being a lord of creation to rule over the concept. Some light displays in the barren sky, some special effects, and a new gods rises from the barren ground to greet the world and assume his duties.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
We are about to get to the 'ordering' part of things.  Sounds good.  Start playing, O head admin!
Ok guys, hear me out, now what if I ascended like this, so Leaf just "killed" Zebus. However what if that triggered some effect in the plane he made which leads to my rise, very general over view but what do you think?
Thanks for permissions. I'm starting with Agni seeing as I like the concept and given that's he just a mask, it should be a simple one to get me back into drawing and shouldn't take *That* long. After that I'll probably be doing my own god, then who knows? :D

I have no objections...

Good luck with Umbra.

Right now, with no description I'd probably draw Umbra using Nocturne from League Of Legends as a guideline, adding some elements of abberant and lovecraftian horror.

I'd then make a Demotivational with the caption:

DARK CTHULU
Sh*t just hit the fan.
I didn't kill myself! Leaf's Angel's did! As I'm pretty certain that I could have held them off for an eternity, I felt that that was an appropriate time to teach Leaf a lesson in humility and show everyone what forced death really is! On that note, I should return to full form in about a hundred years or so. I currently sit formless in the barren twisting nether.

Sorry toph, but you were just a few seconds shy.

It should be curious to see how everyone and everything reacts with no "death" around.  At least for now......

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

@Joran, that sounds like you are spliting hairs. That's my job! Generally speaking, if you let yourself be killed when you could have very easily prevented it, that's the same as killing yourself. We just call that suicide. That said, it'd be cool if Zebus now particularly favors suicides, and that the most devote worshippers of him kill themselves in immitation.

But as for seeing how things act without death...

@Shadow, would I be correct in assuming that you are not playing a chaotically aligned god of order? Both Joran and Pen have expressed interest in their characters resolving the conflict between life and death through future interactions. Unless Leaf rejects the god of order (seems unlikely, unless your god is chaotic, given that I've noticed he's been swearing by order for a while, now), he'll have to accept your new natural order, and that will be the end of it. As a reader, at least, that'd be a really unsatisfying end, since its basically a bad case of deus ex machina. And given Joran's and Pen's various statements, I'd assume at least a little unsatisfying for them, too (though you two, please let me know if I'm wrong in that).
@ Thought:  Who cares?  He's still dead.

@ Joran:  Still not cool.  I SAVED you

@ Rimmon: Alternate idea.  I have no idea what Joran has planned for Zebus, but presumably Joran hasn't just quit the game. (right, Joran?)  This means that in some way, shape or form, Death must return to "Life."  If the God of Death was actually a Zombie (aka, raised back to 'life' by you), that would be... deliciously interesting.  Why don't you and Joran shoot each other a few PMs about it and see if you can come up with anything.  Regardless, I think the transition of Death to Life is an excellent place for you to enter, however that happens.

@James.  Awesome  Looking forward to it.  You probably *should* spend some AP (1) on those Halls of Creation.  Its a Named Location in the world, and we usually cement that name and its meaning with a small command action.  The writing and decoration are free, of course.  I love the idea, and can just imagine brave adventurers stumbling upon it by accident.  Also, see below   

@EVERYONE:   Please recall that we reset our AP every week.  Typically, we do this sometime on Sunday (usually early afternoon).    Shadow and Aldii, as you just got ascended, we'll not reset your AP this week, as that would be cruel.  Crimson and Forgotten, we'll give you a choice.  If you spend your AP before we reset, we'll reset you.  If you don't... we won't, and what you have will carry over until next week's reset.

Joran, Pen, James and Myself:  No excuses.  Get that AP spent! 
I haven't 'ended' the conflict. My own creations follow normal rules. This doesn't apply to anybody elses. I'm just picking a side unintentionally as I'm born.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
All starting AP is spent and logged!

And I have not quit! While all appearances are there, and I look "dead". Do not forget that I have already created an "after-life" plane, and that is where I went. It may take some time for my body to reform, Zebus will return. After a time.

Yes, Agni and Pruinus both had excellent intentions and worked well to stop the tide. Zebus himself could have easily wiped them out himself without even breaking a sweat. That isn't why he did what he did though. He wanted to teach everyone what death was and about. It was about loss. The end of one for others to come after, but that lesson appeared lost on Leaf. It was also to completely remove purpose from Leaf's angels. What are they going to do now, now that the Deathlord is gone? What is their purpose? What are they protecting life from? From dying? Leaf already decreed that life is neverending. So nothing will die. Agni and Pruinus have seen what can happen and felt loss. So, while Zebus is "dead" its really a whole lot harder to kill the deathlord than that.

And Thought, its not suicide, its martyrdom. Remember: He was murdered by others, he didn't kill himself.

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Rimmon - sorry I missed you in the Stackexchange chat. I've given you explicit write access now, so the next time you visit, you'll be able to write messages. (Yay!?)
(Yay!?)

YAY!!
Thanks for the Ascension! I will immidietly set out to write an intro post of some sort!
Oh, when it was said we had AP reset weekly and we started late on Monday night (In my time zone anyway)
I assumed AP would be rest then and i'd have to save it up till then. Seeing as that's not the case i may as well spent it now.
Seeing as I'm spending AP to create it would it be allright if i added the following qualities to it?

-The hall is blessed and resistant to most damage and will not melt despite any temperature changes. This resistance only goes so far. If a god or a mighty army decided to siege it, it could still sustain damage.

- The hall is connected to Pruinus and reflects her state of mind. If she meets a new god, their monument will appear in the hall without any conscious effort on Pruinus half.

-Pruinus is aware of any happenings in the hall at all times.
Sounds like you might want to make it a demi-plane. If you do that, I think all the other are in-line, but ymmv.
The hall is connected to Pruinus and reflects her state of mind. If she meets a new god, their monument will appear in the hall without any conscious effort on Pruinus half. 

You're gonna have one ugly statue pretty soon...

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Especially if you want the last one, a 2 AP plane is the way to go.

We'll probably reset tomorrow night, so no need to rush too much
@Joran, assisted suicide is still suicide :P
But it is also murder.  It can, in fact, be both.
I apologize for never getting a submission up, even though I said I would. I just... don't really know what happened. I don't feel very inspired for a LoC, I guess. I probably won't be playing this one. You guys have fun.
@Thought, thanks for your concern, but I'm good, at least. With Zebus (seemingly) dead, Leaf would just put his original plan into place. That is, for death to follow life. There's no one (to his knowledge) who has to yield, so...

But you're right. If Leaf had known that Order had manifested in the world and that Order wanted things a certain way, he'd have followed. So if the conflict wouldn't have ended with Zebus' death, it would have ended there. But, the main conflict was just who got to wear a fancier crown, more or less.

But I don't want to speak for Joran. He seemed to want to have the world get messed up without Zebus there to keep it in balance. As such, either Order taking Zebus' side, or Leaf acting as if Zebus was dead might ruin that plan. Joran, if you'd like me to change my post, let me know, I'd be happy to do so. Also, when Leaf gets a little more AP, I'm planning on him turning your weapon into an artifact (it would be under your control, though, and with the death domain inside): is that okay?

@Thought and Aradeia, since Leaf left, I think that means that the universe is ready for you two to enter, as you had said before. Though, I suppose the admins still have to give the final go-ahead.
Pen, Toph, et al.

I found the promise I would like to ascend on.

"You didn't allow me to honor you in life, brother," Leaf said, "But I will honor you in death. I will make your memory what it should have been."

Added bonus: the Deathblooms (!!flowers!!) are nearby.

All of those sound good.  Raven, Thought, Ara, ASCEND!
Ara, Thought,

You're more than welcome to ascend near me if you care to. Good, Evil, and Flowers is a trio common in many pantheons!
I've heard this, but never understood why.  Raven, why is it that flowers are the natural balance to the good-evil-flowers tripod?
Even the angels had gone their way. Leaf was alone.

Time to initiate phase 1 of my infinitely complex 2 phase plan.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

I've heard this, but never understood why.  Raven, why is it that flowers are the natural balance to the good-evil-flowers tripod?

Simple: Flowers have great capacity to be used for either good or evil!

Consider:

Plant commonly used for Evil                   Plant commonly used for Good

@Forgotten, Excellent!

@Joran, don't get your hopes up: Leaf learned nothing. He always wanted to have death be a part of life, it was just when Zebus refused to yield that he changed things.

Consider:

Those are compelling examples.  Although I don't think the first is a *flower*
Leaf is not alone. I ascended fairly nearby

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
If you are speaking to me, my plan hinges not on Leaf's lack of company but on his angels being alone.

Speaking of which, it seems that three gods just leaped into the graces of the Life god's company.

My photo was found here.

Consider:

Those are compelling examples.  Although I don't think the first is a *flower*

Maybe not in name. You're the biologist, right? If that red part *isn't* a flower, what is it?
I believe I've found where I wish to ascend. As Leaf rescinds "death following life" and creates the sword, not only does he trap the esscence of what death is, but also the calamity and pain/suffering & even fear the angels felt as they continously charged into battle, warps the sword and within it, Leaf can hear a small chuckle...

i.e.=http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16948105/Creepy_Laugh

Maybe not in name. You're the biologist, right? If that red part *isn't* a flower, what is it?

I'm *so* glad you asked.  I think the most reasonable plant to equate to the Piranha Plant would be the venus fly trap, or another one of the Family Droseraceae.  As it turns out, the 'mouth' of plants of this family are technically leaves, as they do not have the necessary reproductive organs present within the mouth.  

He hasn't trapped me! At least not yet! And I still persist to not yield! I'm just not in any capacity to oppose anything right now.

and Rimmon Theforgottencommand: using and abusing my image? ................Classic! I like it! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Edit: Sorry Forgotten! I was half asleep when I wrote that. I'm not much better now, but no excuse! Still keep on abusing!

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Rimmon??

No problem. Thought that counts and all that jazz.

Thanks

My first plan was just to snatch them with a big ol' god hand from the sky. Glad i upgraded.

My photo was found here.

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />

I'm *so* glad you asked.  I think the most reasonable plant to equate to the Piranha Plant would be the venus fly trap, or another one of the Family Droseraceae.  As it turns out, the 'mouth' of plants of this family are technically leaves, as they do not have the necessary reproductive organs present within the mouth.  

(Actually, the Japanese name is "Pakkun Flower")

Then allow me to corroborate my earlier evidence with this fella. Look at him! Look how evil he is!

Acceptable.  
The hall is connected to Pruinus and reflects her state of mind. If she meets a new god, their monument will appear in the hall without any conscious effort on Pruinus half. 

You're gonna have one ugly statue pretty soon...

She can also remove sculptures with a conscious effort or  place them in their own separate hall of evil lords to beware of.

I suppose for now I'll just magically protect it, and add some more magicky stuff to it later.

She can also remove sculptures with a conscious effort

And i had a pose picked out and everything...

(Cries into a tissue)

or  place them in their own separate hall of evil lords to beware of.

That would certainly be interesting. Like the scary ride during the Willy Wonka Factory Tour...

My photo was found here.

Exactly.

The entire reason Pruinus is being reclusive is to built a wacky factory of ice sculptures to tour kids around! :D
Sign In to post comments