Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Five of us, you mean
Well, we do have cardinal directions, and a little patch of grass, a sun, and the first Leage of Extraordinary Divinities.
And this is totally why TASOE is needed: when there's conflict between two players, neither wants to lose face.  So, what we get is a lot of posturing and fancy words and not nearly enough violence and smashy smash. If Leaf was a proper antagonist, Zebus could crush him. And vice versa. Instead, we have c-span. A more enjoyable c-span, to be fair, but...

Not that this is actually just an argument for me to be allowed in. Nope, nuh uh. :P
That said, I can totally see TASOE trying to work with either god, if a peaceful conclusion isn't reached
Thought, I think the idea of you and Ara arising at the same time (being both planes and the like) makes the most sense.  Why don't the two of you talk, and maybe we'll get you in end of the week or so?
for FOUR AP, James, I think you can totally make a season of cold that comes every few years.  It could come more often, too, or last longer.  

As for the berries... do they have magical properties?  If so... yeah, you might want to spend an AP on them.  If they're just berries that grow at a particular time, don't worry about it. 
Topheh, I was more worried whether FOUR AP could create a season which effects the entire universe, dropping temperatures EVERYWHERE EVER.

As for the berries, I don't intend for them to have magical properties. They just grow at winter and taste REALLY NICE. :D
*shrugs*  I'm fine with it, although if you want to use the fluff that you have, you *could* put it as:

3 AP:  Create primal spirits of cold
1 AP:  Command primal spirits to make it cold every few 'years' (whatever that means when the sun goes around the planet and not vice-versa )

Entirely your decision... both work just fine.
I want to keep what I'm doing the same as it is now, so is that still 4 AP?

Although I kinda liked the idea of time being vague in this story, as we have no idea how much time the gods have spent/wasted chatting already, whats a good real life into game world comparision of how long time is?

I'd like to know this so I can see how many weeks it is before I declare winter and how many weeks/days before I declare winter is over again.
Yeah, about that...

the problem with a game like this is that short events take too long and long events can go by very quickly.   Go to the wiki and read the history of Aetherial Realms, where we actually kept track of the 'years' that had passed.  You'll see wars that last 4000 years, individuals who survive for millenia, and massive events (like ice ages) which last only 200-some.  Basically, time is *quite* relative, and we've long since given up trying to set a defined 'pace.'

So, in answer to your question:  Winter comes whenever you want it to come!  My instinct would be to have it last a turn (a week) and occur every month or so. 
Okay, depending on how I feel I may start Winter around the end of the second week of play then follow the monthly idea you had.
Once again.  No body, just a mask/head.

Here, this is the image I took my God's inspiration from... 

To be specific, Agni is the one on the left.
Wait, so those aren't little legs hanging down, and four stubby arms flailing on theside of the head? :P

EDIT: "Fixed" my IC post. Let me know if you object, and I'll try to be better in the future.
I've shown this before, but while we're at it I imagine Pruinus looks a lot like this.

Beep beep.
ƸȌƷ
Doggeh!  Hello!
Pruinus thought she heard something... other for a moment.
OOC
Show
The beginning where Pruinus hears something is meant to be a reference to Primal Spirits awakening in the world as the last tiny remains of The First as it is a domain I wish to claim soon. However, any other suggestions of what this could mean storywise (Perhaps other gods whispering to her) are very welcome.

Okay, so maybe i am a little too eager to jump in, but i haven't seen anybody ask about this and I was wondering whether or not I could capitalize on this. Would that be alright with Pruinus and the admins?

Or i could wait...

EDIT: Just realized that i should be more specific. It would be the sound of a faint, distant and rather warped scream as i race towards the planet. Or a chunk of rock close to the planet.

As a related side note, would it be okay if there were pieces of the planet scattered around it, akin to a miniature asteriod belt? That would be interesting, and useful. But once again, merely a suggestion.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Hello, folks. I've set up a chatroom on RPG.stackexchange for our use (cleared with one of the site's mods, so we're good to go!).

Click here to view the room

If you already have a stackexchange account, and at least 20 rep (on *any* Stackexchange site), you'll be able to chat without further ado. If not, you'll need to create an account, and then PM me  the  id of your chat account (or post in this thread) and I will be able to explicitly give you access. The chat ID should be created automatically once you go to chat.stackexchange.com. Making an account is free, and supports open ID - if you already have gmail, steam, or facebook, you don't even have to set a password!

The big benefit this has over the mibbit chat is that it maintains its transcript a lot better, as opposed to Mibbit, which tends to remove things faily quickly (the last hour or two at most).

It's just generally cleaner, overall, and I thought I'd throw it out there, since that room is publically visible (which means more players, potentially!) while mibbit is not.
Thought, I was actually thinking I'd do a bit of a mixture of heroes and protagonists, just because I envision somewhat less reasons for protagonists to pop up than antagonists. I could be wrong, I suppose, but then we'll see in game.

Toe, the thing about the moon and sun was mostly that I want to be able to sort of invent the story that people tell about it. Whether that story is accurate is not the most important thing. That said, I was sort of hoping that the moon could sort of serve as either a portal or else a physical manifestation of my plane in the material plane. Of course, someone could still create the moon, and then I just sort of latch onto that. This time I plan to experiment with symbols and such, and ideas of belief and worship, and celestial bodies are just such iconic symbols for that, so I'd love to be a part of that.
How much AP to create stars? I thought it might be funny if the sun came around and smacked into Onus' back while he was watching the others. Either it could send a shower of sparks out that would hang in the heavens, or he could interpret it as an attack and retaliate flinging some pieces of the sun into the sky.
@Forgotten:  If James is okay with it... sure.

@Ara:  You might want to talk with James about that

@Crimson:  Depends on what you want them to be, but somewhere around 3 AP should do the trick. 
its the same cycle as day-->night. only with the neverending spans of fools we call mortals.

"Imagine that life is a length of rope, at the end of which is death. That would still be the same, except that the length of rope is infinite. "

And then some jerk comes by and cuts said rope and ties it all together into knots!

I fully expect Zebus to do something like that. But it makes death into something different. Instead of death being the natural end to life, it is an unnatural surprise. A person could get stabbed in the heart every day of their life and live to a hundred, only to have the next stab be fatal because Death finally caught Life unattentive. To speak in D&D terms, the relationship would be like that of Orcus and the Raven Queen... only, you know, with Leaf in place of the Raven Queen, and Zebus in place of metroids-I-mean-Orcus.

Yeah, that's not standard. But, to be fair, neither is a life/death/rebirth cycle (standard D&D has spirits disolving into planes of alignment, if I recall correctly, yes?)

You would be correct, IF we didn't already have someone wanting to come in under the Undeath guise. My slant was supposed to be the Raven Queen/Kalimvor, but with you coming in attacking and demanding and such, its making it difficult! :P

And sorry folks for posting so very late as I have been working a lot of overtime and I have been having class, and physical therapy for a pulled shoulder muscle. I should be posting a response sometime tonight I hope!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

AUGH I have no idea how to work that StackExchange thingy!  What the heck am I supposed to do?!
ƸȌƷ
Moondoggy, get in mibbit (and/or steam) and I will walk you through it.
I made an acocunt on one of the many sub-boards (Chess) but I need 20rep to use the chat?

Also, you mean the LoC mibbit room?  Be there in a quick-sec. 
ƸȌƷ
I made an acocunt on one of the many sub-boards (Chess) but I need 20rep to use the chat?

Also, you mean the LoC mibbit room?  Be there in a quick-sec. 

Yeah, I (or another room owner) just needs your chat account id number to give you explicit access.

Definite tension there between Zebus and Leaf lol pretty interesting so far.
@Forgotten Command: I'd love for us to interact in this way, although i should clear something up. If you want to use Pruinus to ascend it might take a while, she's not the sort to trust omnious whispers in her head quickly.

@Aradeia: It was my plan to create a cold-radiating moon but i wasn't dead set on the idea, so go ahead.
It totally looks like this is going to end well.

If there is storming off, could I ask that all the gods storm off at once? The four elder deities heading in the four directions seems like it might pull the essence of the universe, disturbing it, and causing the two Ancient Spirits to arise in the wake.
Sounds good enough to me.  Only Character that might not storm off is Leaf, as Leaf is quite confident that he has only done what is right (I think).  So... *ponders a way to anger Leaf*

If we can't anger Leaf... would the pulling away of the gods period do the same trick? 
Ugh somehow I stopped getting updates for this thread! Sorry, I'll start catching up on what I lost immediately!

Show
[broken links]
b c g pb s y
Retired:
b d d j j k k k l l m m n w | b
You would be correct, IF we didn't already have someone wanting to come in under the Undeath guise.  My slant was supposed to be the Raven Queen/Kalimvor, but with you coming in attacking and demanding and such, its making it difficult! :P

I didn't mean that Zebus would become undeath, but rather the relationship between him and Leaf would be like the relationship between the Queen and Orcus. Which is to say, they hate each other.

Leaf didn't really demand that much (and both Agni and Pruinus were able to make it appear to Leaf that they gave it). And he was offering Zebus full cooperation, so things would have been exactly as you wanted it. Really, at the end of the day, he was just being a thorn in your side! But now, alas, the seed of animosity has been planted. Hopefully Zebus and Leaf can grow over it, though, and path things up over a glass of vine. Until then, though, Zebus might want to make like a tree, and leaf!
Hmm... we might be able to get a nice 'wars in heaven' motif going here...
*revamped*
ƸȌƷ
To note, I edited my last post. I didn't mean to ignore you, Vampire! Sorry.
I personally like the idea of Leaf and Zebus becoming enemies however instead of having this strained relationship or having my ascenion(Undeath) come out of some conflict between them. Give me your thoughts on this subject guys.
I can see Anke Dui being born out of the pact Pruinus and Leaf have inititaed, him being the god of survival and all.

Pruinus now seeks to calm this conflict, seeing it get out of hand if not. She doesn't care if Leaf & Zebus don't get along, but she doesn't want the situation to develop much further.

EDIT: I may start work on Pruinus wiki page sometime soon, desperate the lack of much true, physical development of the world the character seems to be developing as she goes along, and could probably create a decent length page if I really wanted to.
Yeah, you're totally allowed to make berries

@Forgotten Command: I'd love for us to interact in this way, although i should clear something up. If you want to use Pruinus to ascend it might take a while, she's not the sort to trust omnious whispers in her head quickly.

Ahh, that is interesting, but not what i had intended. I was suggesting that it would be a foreshadow for my god crashing into the planet (nothing too powerful). Less of a corrupting whisper and more of an ominous, unintelligible scream.

I still plan to self-ascend. I know that aided ascention is community friendly and helps to build relations between the gods, but self-ascention is a part of this character that i am fairly attached to.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Actually, Forgotten.  I like your idea of working off of the sounds that James heard.  Go ahead and ascend... but maybe... not in the middle of the huge gathering of Gods?  Running into Joran's god might be a good place to start... once Joran leaves

@Crimson:  "sending up a ring of mountains around a deep valley"  is a classic AP action (unless you intend for the mountains to disappear when you leave, or something like that), as you are, in a sense, 'commanding' the earth to bend around your person.  I kind of like the idea of a circular mountain range as a focal point for our planet. 
Yes, that would be rather...showy. I was originaly going to crash into the "other" side of the planet. I might wait for the gods to part ways, unless they haven't by the time i hit the hay.

EDIT: Of course, if i do that, then i will have an entrance followed by a 3/4 day of silence, which would be awkward for the first god that wishes to speak with me...

My photo was found here.