Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Personally I think it would make sense if my God was ascended by you, Topheh in the purpose to act as a steward or "Handyman" of some sort whose job is to..well..make things more tangible and solid. A craftsman that makes himself as his first craft would be quite cool as well, but nontheless I would prefer of Thereus was ascended by one of the "Old Gods".

*chuckles*  Well, good to know!  I was about to ascend you because Leaf made me sneeze, but now I'll do something more... dignified.

Sorry about that, I was a little bit tired when I wrote it.. I wasn't aware of the domineering tone the post had.
@Pen_Draggin: Whilst now is the time to decide what rules apply in this universe, I think that we're going with the "Real Life unless stated otherwise" route, which must fiction follows. Unless it is explicitly stated otherwise, the same rules apply here as real life.

Exactly. Let's say that Agni had refused Leaf's request. That would be us stating that something in this world is fundamentally different than the real world: in this world, rubbing two sticks together would never make a fire, because fire and life would be at fundamental, paranormal odds. Or consider how Zebus' decision could affect the game. If he accepts, then he and Leaf would be partners and friends, and when undeath appears, they can stand united against him. But if Zebus refuses, I'd assume he'll still kill things. However, the default would be that life lives forever until Death interceeds, and, since Death isn't supposed to be interceeding, that would put him and Leaf at odds. Leaf might team up (or even create) undeath then.

Sorry about that, I was a little bit tired when I wrote it.. I wasn't aware of the domineering tone the post had.

Not a problem.  I certainly didn't take it as such  Just found it amusing that I had *almost* ascended you in a completely different fashion.

Not a problem.  I certainly didn't take it as such  Just found it amusing that I had *almost* ascended you in a completely different fashion.

Oh, may I ask in what sort of fashion my God would originally see the light of the world?

Leaf was going to tickle me.  You were going to be a glorified... err... sneeze.
Actually, Ara was going to do the Sun Moon and Stars route.  Ara.  You still planning on doing that?  I can modify if this is stepping on your plans.
Forgotten, if I happen to get in the game first, I'm be happy to help set the stage for Arzgo. Creating twin gods but throwing them out because they aren't working like I want them to is totally something TASOE might do.
Name: Marcus
Greater Domains: Order
Moderate Domains:
Lesser Domains: 
Physical Appearance: Orinas typically appears as a tall humanoid clad in armor of an indeterminate metal.
Divine Symbol: A central core within an eight pointed star.

Other Considered Domains: Machines, Sun, Time, Nature, Government, Protection

I will prefer to self ascend, though I might submiot to being ascended if a good opportunity comes up and is cleared with me.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Yes, Toph. Retroactive AP + minor edits sounds like what I will be aiming for. I will hawk the thread like a watch.
Sent you a PM, Thought. check it out please.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

about to post my response post......and doesn't anyone read? Or did I make it too unclear? Must have been unclear.....The planet is there already, its just in a state of ballness. Its there ready for us to do upon that which we wish! Create! Do upon it which you will, but just so you all know, its there already!

Geez! :P

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

I ascended Onus before I double checked the OC thread...

I did however manage to do it in such a way as to allow for anyone who wants to be apart of that ascension is able to do so. Accidental though it may be. Also, laying some groundwork here, but not really sure if I'm doing it right. Just basing it off of Toph's post. (I will always see a blind earthbender when I refer to you Topheh. ) someone tell me when I screw up and what I need to do to fix it, and I will comply.

Edit: oh, I suppose I don't need to spend AP on that then... Perhaps it's a cool way for the planet to be created though? I was under the impression nothing existed as the First God failed time after time and his creations kept coming undone... Perhaps my way is a good story based way for the planet to become?
Oh...

I thought without the stone god, there was no...rock. That makes some of the things you have done much more understandable.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

I figured just because there is no "god" of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Like for example: Zebus just had a cup of tea even though there is no Tea god yet!

Also, Crimson, I set it up so people would have to spend their first AP on making a planet, but if you want to then go ahead! We can always use the other planet for something else, and who is to say it is a planet at all?

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Also, Crimson, I set it up so people would have to spend their first AP on making a planet, but if you want to then go ahead! We can always use the other planet for something else, and who is to say it is a planet at all?

This confuses me slightly. How do we have to spend our first AP on making the planet if it's already there? Did you simply reduce our starting AP from other games?
I think we are both confused. I read it as you creating a planet via AP. In some games past, we have had to create the planet from scratch using AP. For this one, not only do we not have to create the planet, but we have more starting AP than we have had in the past thus negating the need to make a primary planet from scratch unless you so desire to.

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

That works fine, Consider my post the fluff for the creation of the planet that is already there, since it is not entirely obvious that it was already there. As long as that is acceptable?
works for me!

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

The world is already there. A blank slate of barren life-less rock waiting for us to enforce our will upon it and create something from nothing.

This approach was specifically for the purpose of not forcing early and starter gods to spend all of their early efforts crafting the actual planet (so to speak) for everyone else. Additionally, it prevents any one god from having actual ownership of the planet.

In fact, creating a planet from scratch is far and beyond the potency of any one individual god within the current system. The AP necessary to generate such a large quantity of matter would be enourmous, likely approaching the entire combined AP of all of the starter gods combined.

I don't think having any one god, even as fluff, having created the planet is a good idea.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I will wait for an answer from Thought before ascending, but if that doesn't come soon...

Guess i'll have to jump into the deep end without him.

My photo was found here.

Just did. The short of it being, since TASOE hasn't been greenlit yet (at least, I don't think he has), even though I've love to interact with your god right off the bat, doesn't look like I can oblige. Perhaps latter in the game?
Right.  I think we guestimated that it was something like 30 AP to create a planet, and decided to not bother :D  As it is, we have a roiling... mess... of... stuff down there that needs to be ordered into some sort of finalized shape.

Crimson, I (and maybe James?) was actually about to ascend you.  Would you mind taking down your post for a few hours until we can get that happening (for continuity's sake?)

Edit:  Forgotten,

I've seen people play that way (there's a LoC group on the Giant in the Playground forums that does it that way), but it always seemed a little strange to me.  For instance, we have no God of language, but we are all speaking to one another, no God of Gravity, but we seem to know what up and down are.  Basically, the way we've usually done it over here is that a God is the patron, not creator, of an object (so, for instance, a god of Light doesn't exist simply because there is a light source) 
Got it. Upon review, i prefer this method more.

Here i come...

@Thought: Definitely. The manipulative mentor/rebellious student relationship is one that intrigues me.

EDIT: No, i meant typing. I was still waiting for the greelight. Looking back, i could see how that could be misinterpreted. That line was one I was thinking and it just kind of flew out unto the page. I have been putting my background on the side untill now, and i was thinking its about time i write it. Sorry about the confusion.

My photo was found here.

SLow down. If I read right, you are getting ready to post, TheForgottenCommand? slow down and wait. I don't beleive you have been cleared yet have you?

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
sorry about not communicating earlier I had work, but leaf if you wish that conflict to arise with my ascension I would be fine with that!
James,

I am leading up to one of us proposing the creation of a being that can stand both the hot AND cold (stone)

Aldii, depending on how long this takes, you'll either get ascended *before* or *after* Crimson  
Pen, what... exactly... do you mean by 'remove life's role from the Life/Death cycle'?  I can't tell if you need to spend AP if... I have no idea what you mean :D
Well, Joran started the life/death cycle, and I was just removing life from that. So, it would just be a "/death" cycle, then. Or, in other words, life unending would be the norm for anything that does live.
Well, doesn't a 'cycle' imply some sort of... circle?  If its just a link from life --> death... thats not much of a cycle

That said... oh boy.   Might explain why our mortals live so long in these games, though :D 
Regarding how the world might work if life doesn't come to an end, I do have a few ideas. Individual creatures, rather than species, might evolve. And individuals might grow old, then regress in age to be young again, to grow old again. Keep in mind, I am not saying that death has no place exactly. Imagine that life is a length of rope, at the end of which is death. That would still be the same, except that the length of rope is infinite.
hhmmm i go to sleep for a few hours and when i check the OOC thread i have no idea wgats going on!
I'll check the IC thread and post now if necessary.
its the same cycle as day-->night. only with the neverending spans of fools we call mortals.

"Imagine that life is a length of rope, at the end of which is death. That would still be the same, except that the length of rope is infinite. "

And then some jerk comes by and cuts said rope and ties it all together into knots!

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Added my response to this conflict, possibly escalating it further. I look forward to Agni's response. :D
its the same cycle as day-->night. only with the neverending spans of fools we call mortals.

But tell us how you *really* feel about life, Joran :P

"Imagine that life is a length of rope, at the end of which is death. That would still be the same, except that the length of rope is infinite. "

And then some jerk comes by and cuts said rope and ties it all together into knots!

I fully expect Zebus to do something like that. But it makes death into something different. Instead of death being the natural end to life, it is an unnatural surprise. A person could get stabbed in the heart every day of their life and live to a hundred, only to have the next stab be fatal because Death finally caught Life unattentive. To speak in D&D terms, the relationship would be like that of Orcus and the Raven Queen... only, you know, with Leaf in place of the Raven Queen, and Zebus in place of metroids-I-mean-Orcus.

Yeah, that's not standard. But, to be fair, neither is a life/death/rebirth cycle (standard D&D has spirits disolving into planes of alignment, if I recall correctly, yes?)
Once again, sorry for the heart attack yesterday Shadow.

However that laves me with questions as to the "go-ahead" marker. When does it come about? I am getting the feeling that the primal force gods will have thier conversations and...float around i guess untill five days have passed and then all of the secondary force gods will just sorta fall into creation and will be lucky to land on thier butts. Topheh's new segment on ascention helps to clear that matter up, but it leaves no mention of an admin clearing you to go. In fact it seems to imply the opposite.

Right now i am fairly confused...

My photo was found here.

Ah, excellent point, actually.  I completely missed that I didn't say *when* you could ascend yourself when I was writing things up.

As you know, we're trying to get good story here, so really the only major requirement for your self-ascension is a good plot-based reason to do so.  We want your enterance to make a proverbial splash, as it were (we really need a water god).

So basically, to self ascend, if you see a point in-game that would be an interesting place for you to enter into the world, post it here and tell us what you are thinking, and we'll most likely say 'GO!'

One opening that I was thinking of that might require a bit of coordination with Joran would be to use that 1 AP he tried to spend to create a God as an opening that allows your God to fall into the universe... if Joran is still willing to spend that 1 AP!

Sorry for the confusion.  I'll add this to the first post. 
Crimson, you're all set.  Just delete your old ascension post, repost it now, and start playing!

I'm not even playing yet and I already think this is fantastic lol, btw I have work tonight as well, so unfortunately I won't be able to get on until really late my time, I'm actually on here during a class :D this is learning damit!
Apologies if Pruinus personality is not yet consistent. I only know her role, I'm not sure how her personality will play a part in the role and I don't think she does yet!

"Motherly" is the word I'm using to describe Pruinus right now, whether that be gentle affection, harsh punishment, or uncontrollable rage at those who dare hurt her creations.

Myself, I think I'm going to start creating things soon. As nice as it is having us four and the universe, I think we should start adding gods and defining the planet itself.