Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post

Toph -- If by Veok you mean Raven, then my answer remains the same:

I have no skin in the dragon resolution game. That's y'all's baby, and I'm not going to jump in, especially now that y'all are so close to resolution (I think? Haven't been able to read the IC thread on account of new forum-ness).

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

RaVeoken, :P

Well, Forgotten, I figured it would be a little odd to do a spit-take over the admission of the death of Pruinus, then just go back to talking about the nature of Power :P

As for what changed my mind... well, the fact that is has been 4 days and nothing seems to have changed is... annoying, but really the final straws for me are the deletion of the Haven (not cool) and the organization of the threads in order of creation date.  LoC NEEDS to be on the first page for new players to find us, and burying us pages and pages back... well, we have trouble enough as it is trying to find people to join us. 

Wizards?! What the ____!!

I can't post in the IC!! Every time I go to the page it logs me out, and every time I log in it takes me away from the page!!!

Venting
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If this thing doesn't let me post within 20 minutes, I'm writing my IC post here.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

That Venting sblock is the best thing I've seen all week :D

500 post mark complete. I'd be all excited and everything if I wasn't so tired and fed up with Wizards...

So here's my celebration: 

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Well, would you look at that? Seems the threads are now organized by timeframe of the last post rather than starting date. A welcome change.

My photo was found here.

Okay.  Better.

my fond divine friends, and gods(esses). I hate to say it, but I think due to the pain and frustration of the new forums (that hurt my head everytime I look at it) I'm going to be moving to less painful pastures. Where I'll find myself I don't know, but I swear I think WotC had been reading this particular game and decided to recreate the forums as Azgo would. Painful, confusing, and mind-seering. I can't find anything. I can't track anything. I got lucky finding this particular thread. With my home, the pbp haven on life support, this thread is finalizing, rl taking over and not in a good way, and so much more that have gone wrong wizards you mucked this one up bad....  I can still be reached via pm (I hope?) I wish you all the very best.

Now I must go. The glaring insanity of the forums is messing with my head. Good luck and game on.

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Check in every once in a while... we're likely all moving.  We'll keep you posted (or try to... stupid forums) as to where we end up.

Yeah, don't vanish Joran. We have plans :D

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

... Guess what their next course of action will be.

Also, that's pretty generous of you. "Upgrade" is not the word i would use.

My photo was found here.

Baby steps. They also fixed the CSS on the "first undread" button and removed the empty 1/3 div when viewing forum topics.

Still to handle:

- Enter = paragraph return. Stahp!

- No page navigation at top of page.

- No way to set the number of posts per page.

- Quotes need to be visually distinct from normal messages.

(And for the record "Save" instead of "Post" is a stupid change)

So... how's Germany? Oder Deutschland?

My photo was found here.

I’ve removed content from this thread because posting inappropriate content is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: http://www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_company_about_codeofconduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

"Lolth be praised; all victory is her doing."

Does anyone know how to delete a post if they acidentaly hit "save"? (should be marked as Post)

My photo was found here.

Oh boy. Vanishing Avatars once more. Easily fixed :P

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

To answer your question, Forgotten, I've been told that if you edit the post, there is a delete button near the bottom. It seems to be hit or miss if it actually appears though.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

Hah, checked my email. They removed the avatar and my post about it being removed the first time. Apparently for the acronym I used involving 'WT". So yeah, a silly little internet acronym is why we have a moderator in here deleting posts and removing my avatar pic.

And I apologize for the triple post, but the edit button is giving me errors right now.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

Thanks.

My photo was found here.

Okay, I was wondering what was going on with posts being deleted :D

I'm here... its taking me a while to get settled in, and I'm pretty tired from jetlag, but I should be posting again soon.

Aller Anfang ist schwer. Take your time.

My photo was found here.

TheForgottenCommand wrote:
Aller Anfang ist schwer. Take your time.

Can't tell if Aller is incorrect, ist is incorrect, or Anfang is doing some crazy anti-pluralization stuff, where Aller is actually the singular conjugation.

I don't understand it either. At first I thought it would be "sind", but the expression is Aller Anfang ist schwer. I did dubious double checking to make sure. Look it up if you're curious.

Perhaps I am wrong. Toph might be able to shed some light...

My photo was found here.

Perhaps this LoC should be ended unofficially at this time... It has had a good, long life. If Toph can post only once every few days, that could take a lot of time; time that could be spent readying up for the next LoC and our exodus (I know nobody is calling it that, but i really adore that word. So... mystical...).

My photo was found here.

Whoa, Whoa.

I'm only gone till next friday :P

Posting now...

That said, Raven... planning to post anytime soon? :D

Topheh wrote:

Whoa, Whoa.

I'm only gone till next friday :P

Posting now...

It was less about when you were gone till and more about the fact you haven't posted in about five/six days. It just seems a little unfair to continue our irregular game of 2/3/4 (seems to vary) when we could be setting up grander stages. But if you're around, I'll stick around to finish it.

My photo was found here.

I am

Although we need Raven to finish this all off as well

Raven has made it very clear that he has nothing to do with the dragon game, and the fight with Tasoe seems to have been postponed untill our conversation is finished. There are other things to post on however...

Also, what's up with "Aller Anfang ist schwer"? Shouldn't it be plural?

My photo was found here.

Aller/Alles (depends on dialect) Anfangen sind schwer, is how I would put it: 'all beginnings are hard,' right?  Angfang would be singularld, so 'all' before it doesn't necessarially work.  Jeder (every) Anfang ist schwer would work fine, though.

That said, three more suns to go, Raven!  

Still ending with the Zizu, yes?

Yes.

So, uh. Good news; I'm all caught up on the IC thread.

Bad news: this new forum still sucks for all kinds of navigation. Specifically, I can't seem to find a way to search the thread for my previous posts, nor can I find a link anywhere on my profile to my latest posts.

So expect a post from me once I sort out where "me" is.

*laughs*

Well, yeah.  This thing is a whole bunch of... silly.

Anyways, back from a weekend of travelling... while travelling.  My wife declared at one point that she thought it would be fun to order from a menu in french and, in doing so, finally put to use the french class she took in high school...  so my aunt and uncle decided to drive us to france for the weekend.  The Strasbourg cathedral is... something else.

Anyways, there was no internet at our hotel, so... no posting.  Getting on that... now.

Just like the French to lack internet access for (insert your nationality/ethnicity here) tourists. That's interesting though, that you can just drive to other countires on the weekend. I always thought of traveling between countires as a large, complicated trip. I guess over in Europe its a lot more akin to traveling between the states. Just a few hours...

My photo was found here.

Yep.  It was pretty awesome.  My wife was THRILLED.

I like the Cantorix ending.  I'm planning a little something special with the White Dragon Stuck In A World Of Eternal Heat as well

The time is nigh. It feels.. almost alien, this LoC coming to a close. It felt like we only started two months ago. But here we are 7-8 months later...

Wow. That was sobbering. And I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a little depressing.

My photo was found here.