Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey.

Its just this one LoC at the moment (as far as I'm aware...), and you've just arrived at its death throes. Glad to have you here and interested however.

I recommend waiting around for Toph/Shadow to say something. They're the admins for this incarnation. 

Death Throes? WAAAAAAAAHHH!

But if we start another one, I'd like Magic (Unknown), and Wisdom (Time) as my Domains. ;) 

But if we start another one, I'd like Magic (Unknown), and Wisdom (Time) as my Domains. ;) 

(Lighthearted chuckle)

Well, you're definetly an older player alright. Domains don't quite work like that anymore. Here's the list of domains now.

Domains

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

(Lighthearted chuckle)

Well, you're definetly an older player alright. Domains don't quite work like that anymore. Here's the list of domains now.

Domains

Wisdom is missing from the Fundamental Forces. :D
Its an incomplete list, to be sure.  Wisdom can definitely be squeezed in

Welcome back!  (Although, as your last game appears to predate my first, I'm not sure that I can officially welcome you 'back' in any fashion... but at least Welcome!)   As Forgotten has alluded to, the game has undergone a significant amount of changes since the LoC you were probably a part of.  I imagine you are more familiar with rules like...

www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t...

(Although those seem modified from previous LoCs on the giantITP forums... anyways...).  We've had... quite a bit of mutation since those days, with a general trend towards less of a focus on stats, although we've had some fluxuations back and forth in terms of that, but never back to the original LoC's ideas of carefully defining the abilities and levels of the God you were playing itself.

Anyways, long story short, the LoC you see before you is changed from the LoC you once played, but you are of course more than welcome to join us, either on this incarnation, or a future one.  As Forgotten said, we're in the final chapters of this one, so if you did create a god... don't expect to play it for long

To everyone else... I'm working on it.  Post coming tonight, should move everything forward, and yes, I mean the Boogeyman, too. 
Its an incomplete list, to be sure.  Wisdom can definitely be squeezed in

Welcome back!  (Although, as your last game appears to predate my first, I'm not sure that I can officially welcome you 'back' in any fashion... but at least Welcome!)   As Forgotten has alluded to, the game has undergone a significant amount of changes since the LoC you were probably a part of.  I imagine you are more familiar with rules like...

www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t...

(Although those seem modified from previous LoCs on the giantITP forums... anyways...).  We've had... quite a bit of mutation since those days, with a general trend towards less of a focus on stats, although we've had some fluxuations back and forth in terms of that, but never back to the original LoC's ideas of carefully defining the abilities and levels of the God you were playing itself.

Anyways, long story short, the LoC you see before you is changed from the LoC you once played, but you are of course more than welcome to join us, either on this incarnation, or a future one.  As Forgotten said, we're in the final chapters of this one, so if you did create a god... don't expect to play it for long

To everyone else... I'm working on it.  Post coming tonight, should move everything forward, and yes, I mean the Boogeyman, too. 

Indeed, I"m playing that one as Thurian, another one as Rod, and another one as Balor'Arawn. :D
It's Armin. lol.

Well, anyway, I might join as a Servant Deity so I can learn how to play using rules in this one. A Loyal Harbinger of the Apocalypse. 

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Janusunaj, if you want to hop in and RP a little bit right now while you decide on a God, we *do* have one more dragon availible on our dragon semi-suicide mission into the 'hell' of our LoC  
Janusunaj, if you want to hop in and RP a little bit right now while you decide on a God, we *do* have one more dragon availible on our dragon semi-suicide mission into the 'hell' of our LoC  

What alignment?
What domains are still available? 
We've done away with set alignments, but the dragon in question is White... which at least in the current game are the smartest of the dragons, but tend to devolve into mindless rages around sources of heat, which... limit their abilities (up until a few weeks ago, 'heat' was, well, basically anything warmer than a glacier, which meant that by and large Whites spent their time in a feral state.  Thankfully we dealt with that ;)

Domains that are left are anything that is not listed on the third post in the OOC thread, plus a few others, which I'll look up for you, but of which one is Language (Domains are less important now, too )

the expression that flashed across Correloth's face

1 AP:  Spawn Exarch/Superbeast:  The Azer Boogeyman.  The principle antagonist behind Sil Arkesh's woes.  Purple-skinned with glowing yellow eyes, sharp teeth and long, claw-tipped fingers.

Don't misunderstand me, I like this boogeyman, but it was not the one I was expecting. What happened to the made of hair, spawned from a dwarven boy cutting off his own beard, attempts to swallow you boogeyman? Just curious.

My photo was found here.

We've done away with set alignments, but the dragon in question is White... which at least in the current game are the smartest of the dragons, but tend to devolve into mindless rages around sources of heat, which... limit their abilities (up until a few weeks ago, 'heat' was, well, basically anything warmer than a glacier, which meant that by and large Whites spent their time in a feral state.  Thankfully we dealt with that ;)

I think you mean "least smart". They're binary -- animal cunning (when cold) or beserk (when not)

I think you mean "least smart". They're binary -- animal cunning (when cold) or beserk (when not)

Ooh neat. . . Hmm... I'll be a monstrous beast, a herald of the Apocalypse then. 

Ooh neat. . . Hmm... I'll be a monstrous beast, a herald of the Apocalypse then.

God of Chaos,  Madness, And White Dragons. . . 
Anyone have those domains? 

Name: Parscharok
Greater Domains: Chaos
Moderate Domains: Madness
Lesser Domains: White Dragons 
Physical Appearance:IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img515/5762/qojk.jpg)
Divine Symbol: Blood Stained Pearl

the expression that flashed across Correloth's face

1 AP:  Spawn Exarch/Superbeast:  The Azer Boogeyman.  The principle antagonist behind Sil Arkesh's woes.  Purple-skinned with glowing yellow eyes, sharp teeth and long, claw-tipped fingers.

Don't misunderstand me, I like this boogeyman, but it was not the one I was expecting. What happened to the made of hair, spawned from a dwarven boy cutting off his own beard, attempts to swallow you boogeyman? Just curious.

Oh Geez.  Sorry.  Thats a MAJOR brainfart on my part.  Calling you Correloth is... no.  Not right.  Let me... fix that

And... I had completely forgotten about that Boogeyman.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that the Azer Boogeyman would work quite as well, as they don't actually have hair in their beards.  Perhaps we'll have to make a whole slough of Boogeymen.  Everyone needs to have nightmares, after all.

Janusanaj, Forgotten is kinda on the madness/chaos side of the spectrum.  The two of you should talk  
@ Janu:

Alright, I have an idea if you wish to be ascended rather than self-ascend. My god, Azgo, is currently fighting the goddess of cold ans is preparing to destroy her. Given that you want to be the god of white dragons, who are associated with cold, I could accidentally create you as a part of that battle. We are currently fighting (and wrecking) a hall of ice statues dedicated to the memory of the gods. Sound good?

A few quick notes... Nobody that is currently playing has those domains, so that's fine. Also, the general rule is 1 Greater Domain, 1 Moderate Domain +1 Lesser Domain, or 3 Lesser domains for starting gods. However, given that we're at the end of the game I doubt it matters as much. We could  just toss those out as freebies... though that's not my decision. Toph?

You also seem intent on spreading the end of the world. There's nothing wrong with that (read: go beserk), but you may want to know that we aren't ending this LoC with a world-changing bang. Its simply coming to a close with a "and the story continues..." note after we defeat an enemy god, The Ancient Spirits of Evil. This is mainly because we have been suffering from participation decline. This last month has been rather suffocating in terms of player turnout. Its basically down to Toph, Raven of Dreams, Aradia, and myself. 

My photo was found here.

Ah... Well, let's see. . . Hmm... mmkay. Yeah. Should we start another LoC, I wouldn't start as that deity I had made would I? 
Or would we just start another Setting? (As normal). 
No. You could start as anyone you wanted, and the setting would be changed. History is scratched as well.

Anything else you want explained? Do you understand the rules on the first page of the OCC? 

My photo was found here.

No. You could start as anyone you wanted, and the setting would be changed. History is scratched as well.

Anything else you want explained? Do you understand the rules on the first page of the OCC? 

I might just wait until this game's next incarnation. :/ 
I'm a little busier than I thought.  
So is everyone according to our participation.

My photo was found here.

Heh.  Yeah.  Finishing grad school next month, so... time is... not... my friend at the moment :D

And yeah, I know, I skipped the reset.  We're using PP so slowly anyways... everyone just assume they always have some ;P 
so... time is... not... my friend at the moment

When is it ever?

EDIT: Is anybody on mibbit anymore? I will endeavor to lurk within the chatroom over the coming days.

My photo was found here.

I'll be there in a few hours.  Hopefully (finally) submitting my work of the last five years to a in the next hour or so... assuming the last person I need gets back to me
Sorry about my absence. Currently in Hawaii and the internet on my phone was screwy. I should be able to get a post in tomorrow.

My photo was found here.

Hmm.  

I have a cool idea for the chase, but it would require all seven suns back in the sky.  In *fact*, I think its a good final post for my God to make before the end of the game.  

Lets remember to have TASOE charge at me again at some point

*thinks up something else to do* 
Hi guys,

Having writer's block.  If I don't come up with something soon, I'll post to move forward with the stuff I *do* know what I want to do next. 
Perhaps you could ask us what you are stuck on and we could brainstorm together. Wouldn't want the sane thing that happened to Moondoggy to happen to you...

My photo was found here.

*laughs*

Oh, no, nothing that serious.  If I have to, I'll just post something boring... I just want some cool ways to deal with transitioning through the world of the dead to the realm of the Craterspawn Hordes. 
*Falls through interdimensonal portal*

Oh hey guys.
Just started to read this thread again at the point shortly after I left and so far, I'm kinda loving what I see.
Hey James!

I think Azgo is about to kill you.  Want to jump back in and defend yourself?  
Your timing is hilarious. I was just about to write the post that killed you.

My photo was found here.

So I think the end is nigh.  We've got maybe a week or so left with the dragons, and the TASOE battle has reached a head. 

So we should figure out what else we want to wrap up before the end.

I have four additional plotlines to settle.

1)  the Azer.  I'm going to have my Azer-beyond-the-lake Giroth try and find some adventurers to get down to Sil Arkesh and see what is going on.

2)  The Dwarves.  We've got Oni in the Dwarven city.  We should make that into an interesting plot point.

3)  The brewing war to the West.

4)  Set up the cult of the unknown God (I try and make sure that whatever I use for an opening quotation actually could have been written in-game.  I am more or less successful with this depending on the game.  My high point would be the Culthet-Mishway game, where I made the author of the opening passage one of my major characters, and actually described her writing the relevant book.  The low point... might be this game, where it appears I am going to create the relevant group in the last week of the game or something.

Anyways, those are my four.  What else should we make sure gets addressed?

Oh, and in case people haven't noticed, I'm not resetting anymore.  Spend whatever PP you want, I think we all know what we're doing. 
Mine would be:

1. Timmy.
2. Godbeasts...especially the behemoth balors
3. Interactions between the east and the west.
4. Downfall of the blasphemous elves

My photo was found here.

HYeah!  Sucky elves!

Well, then I think we need to move Timmy along!   James, care to join us?

As for East/West... I have an idea for that.  I'll post about it tonight. 
I'll give it an honest attempt, but I may just end up preventing Azgo from posting, as i'm only reading at a steady pace and I imagine tomorrow evening as the earliest possible time for me to post.

Anyway, reason I came back is to check how far along this game is as i'd love to take part in the next one, although in a more villianous role...
Read?  Why read? :P

You are in mortal peril and must defend yourself!  Act NOW!

In all seriousness, as you can see, we're wrapping up.  I give it a week or two before we have it all finished, at which point we *really* should try and make a concerted effort to get this thing up on the wiki in some form... and then we wait for the next game to start, which... will... be... eventually :D

Okay, Raven.  I have updated with the Chase. 

My current idea is tied to the suns, and how the suns were linked to Agni in the cave before.  Now, as more suns become activated (over the course of the fight that will happen between Agni and TASOE), the talisman will gain more and more colors, one for each color of dragon.  TASOE should remain dominant up until the second to last sun, and at the final sun, TASOE will be driven from Agni, stunned and then Sa will finish him off with magic flower-power (I think a post about how Sa can't deactivate the Not-God while TASOE is active might be in order. 

Of course, the final sun is only going to rise into the heavens when the Dragons succeed.  Forgotten, do you want to describe what the Abyss looks like now as a setting IC before we go diving into it? 
Of course. I was thinking about doing that earlier but... Obviously didn't.

Crash Course on the Abyss

The Abyss is divided into four layers, each representing a Firstborn sin. The First layer is a near pitch-black icy cavern system that has no obvious sky. This is where souls of ignoble loyalty remain, basically anyone that was good in Azgo's eyes except for their loyalty to the Firstborn. Pale souls wander aimlessly, moaning in regret and hollow pain. The Forge of Thereus is behind a 1000 foot wall of black ice and beneath a carving of Pruinus. Only a deity can pass through the ice... And it is terribly painful.

The second layer is a disease ridden jungle filled with locusts. The greedy souls remain here, still stuck in the glories of the past and gathering others in petty wars for territory and glory. Sulferous springs rise up and out of the ground, mossy floors act as sponges for bile and thin blood. The air is muggy with the smell of corpses.

The third layer is reached by diving into a large lake of tears. Upon resurfacing, the jungle is replaced with a boundless sea of acid. There are only a few floating rocks and countless souls wrestle for positions on the islands before they sink into the currents below. The souls drawn here are filled with violence and scorn. They attempt to drown one another in the sea instead of working together. Some say that Azgo carved a copy of the words of the First across the seafloor in case Guvarah An was captured.

The fourth layer of the Abyss is a desert wasteland and only a handful of powerful, ancient souls  find their way here. The sky is a dull, lifeless gray and sandstorms constant batter the few inhabitants. The dunes constantly move. The entrance into the final layer of the Abyss, a gate resembling the skeleton of Zebus, is hidden here beneath one of the dunes

as for the Abyss in general... Most of the souls of mortals are unaffected by the sickness here but most fall into insanity or hollowness as the centuries pass. However, this process works very differently for anything with enough divine power to be considered a Chosen or Exarch. In that case, the Abyss is actively trying to kill them with physical pain and sickness. This is called the Deicidal Taint. The DT works like a roller coaster rather than proportionally. As soon as you are tall enough to ride, it hits you with the same force that it would a full-fledged god. For Paren, he will experience any amount of physical pain, corruption, sickness, aging, and destruction as Toph sees fit. It will get worse as time passes.

Craterspawn are found all throughout the Abyss, but are only found in flocks past the second layer and grow in number the farther one goes into the Abyss.

I FINALLY got my hands on an IPad, so guess what I'll be doin tonight? Typing, that's what!

My photo was found here.

Is there anything I can help with, beyond what I'm doing with the dragons?
Firstly, I apologize for my myriad typos and nonsense. This iPad comes with a horrid spell check, and ikeep peps chChandon 

Do you see that?! That's an example of what I have to correct every few minutes. I literally just stopped typing to see that was the result. So bear with me if some things seem out of place or of poor quality.

On to the next order of business... James. Are you going to post? Azgo's stuck in time, and I would love to have amother battle with you or move forward in some regard. As for Aradia's question, I'm sorry but I don't. Toph? Raven?

My photo was found here.

Oh.  We should also deal with all of the gods that TASOE has enthralled.  Stone is dealt with, darkness will be dealt with... there are a few others.  Ara, perhaps you could come up with creative ways to depict the corruption of TASOE and how it has twisted these gods... and then we can all work to overcome it.  Perhaps with flowers

Abyss post updated with a question for Cantorix.