Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well, I figured someone *cough* THOUGHT *cough* might, you know, help me not double post.  Guess I'll make some dragons...
Yup. Ephemeral as always, that one.
Veok, will Sa get upset if Agni moves the Beacon to rejoin the other Suns?
Veok, will Sa get upset if Agni moves the Beacon to rejoin the other Suns?

Whom?

Regardless, no. The Azure Dragons might, however, since their home was already stolen from them once, rather recently (and, of course, you saw what they did to the guy that did it!).
... Sorry, force of habit.  Raven.  Raven.  Raven.  Raven!
But a GodMoot and a normal Moot are so much more amusing!
Back in black!

I hit the sack!

I've been too long I'm glad to be back!!

(Intense Rockout session including enough fireworks to make the 4th of July look like a sputtering sparkler, free money falling from the sky by the armful, and water buffalo)

YES!! I"M BACK!!!

And i see that not all is well. Let's talk. 

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

*blinks slowly in your general direction, dazzled by your exuberance*

Yeah.  Looks like we may have lost Thought, which is... a problem, given our proposed endgame.

Still, one superbeast to kill, and then some strange spirits to find and banish from existence or some such thing.  Not *that* difficult  
Terribly sorry, Toph. I fell into the cleverly disguised trap called Bioshock Infinite. Send food when available, I'm getting desperate.

Anyone care to advance the moot, or what is going on then?

I'll be in mibbit if possible. 

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Yeh, I'll advance the Moot in a little.  Keep hoping to have more to respond to, sadly :|
I can't find the chatroom. Where did it go?

My photo was found here.

ARRGGGHHHH!!

No, I know how to get to Mibbit and search for rooms. But every time i search #LoC, the room doesn't come up. There apparently is no chatroom called #LoC Lords of Creation.

My photo was found here.

Oh, that's probably because its empty

Type this in:   /join #LoC

That will get you there. 
Okay, enough is enough. Lets settle some things.

It seems that we've all fallen into some sort of unspoken pact to let the game die out on its own. Is that tue? Is this game over, or not?

I have more i want to post but there has been little activity as of late. I have been hesitating to post out of doubts in its effectiveness. So are we going to plan and carry out the ending we wanted for this game or are we going to suffocate it to death like the many people who joined this game and vanished?

I apologize if i come off as aggresive, but I am growing tired of ambiguity.      

My photo was found here.

The problem is that all of the endgame necessitates Thought (or taking control of Thought), since TASOE is the only loose end (well, and the Zizu) in need of resolving.

So that was set up when Thought was around, and now he's not.

I suppose the question then becomes, are we okay with puppet-ing Thought to trap / exile / susan his god?
It certainly would be poetic justice to make TASOE it/themselves a puppet deity :D

But yeah, at the moment the main 'plot' of the game is... a little stalled as it relies on him... doing things.  I'll try again to get in touch with him and get him to move things along, or at least move things to a point where we don't have to wait for him to post before we can move on.  If not... we'll find other means to... extract... the information.  And yes, that means Azgo gets to have fun while we all look on and feel vaguely sick to our stomachs.

As for the rest...

Yeah, I'll move the Moot along.   Sa, I've been waiting for you to continue the adventures of the Azer Galfe, but I'll do something with that if you aren't interested.

And I'd still like to come up with a way to recreate the one destroyed orb that made the black dragons.  Any ideas, folks?  
That said, lets come up with a few new things to talk about as well.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'd love to flesh out the Chitrachs a little more if there is anyone who would like to interact with them.  Plus I still have another race for the new continents that... I'm working around to posting.  Hopefully my paper will be done in the next hour, then I'll have plenty of time to post again.
I vote for the destruction of Ka'Vah. He's helpless at the moment anyway. Perhaps fate took away his power for a purpose...

Possible Loose ends/posting ideas:

1. Insuannen and the Itholians
2. Oni
3. Timmy
4. The West, anything really
5. Healing the East's wounds
6. Update on the Giants and Gelab Duhr
7. Update on the Agni'Vodha
8. The Moot
9. Destruction of Pruinus/Leaf
10. Creation of new Monsters (I'm up for a lot of stuff)
11. Actuslly using the Forge of Thereus for something besides aesthetics
12. Creation of Dragonborn
13. More description of what the Plane of Fire is
14. Other

As for new things, like what? Anything seem lacking?

Also, I'd be more than willing to interact with the Chitrachs. 

My photo was found here.

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Sa, I've been waiting for you to continue the adventures of the Azer Galfe, but I'll do something with that if you aren't interested.

And I'd still like to come up with a way to recreate the one destroyed orb that made the black dragons.  Any ideas, folks?  

Oh? I was unaware you were expecting a response for that.

I believe Thought mentioned Umbra had a shard of that sun.
Ah.  Indeed.  I knew there was another Exarch I needed to kill

Here's my list of goals.

1)  Develop the mistrust of the world for the Gods and create an organization that worships the God before the Gods (the one who made all the firstborn)
2)  Introduce at least two new races to the west
3)  Return all the suns to the sky
4)  Make the Dragonborn (this will happen quickly, I think)
5)  Resolve Sil Arkesh and... whatever I called the new home of the dwarves in the mountains.
6)  Develop the Source of Fire more, perhaps through the use of the Forge of Thereus.
7)  Make some more exarchs.  Do I even have one?  Ka'Vah doesn't count.
8)  Find TASOE, banish him, and... in some way draw the game to a close by doing so.  Perhaps we all get sucked out into the void or something :D
... Of course I have an exarch.  I'm posting as him right now *smacks self on head*
Hah. Toph, so forgetful sometimes.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
But he is present...

My photo was found here.

I'm present..... I'm just not doing anything. I never got a response on my last post, so I assumed I was being ignored by the gods present. And until he's addressed or has something to contribute, he's simply hanging out and listening and gathering what info he can on the personalities and thought proccesses of the other gods.

The game is ending. I've got no strings or loose ends to tie up anywhere else, so I'm in for the main action. Which is currently stalled by the absence of our primary antagonist.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I'm present..... I'm just not doing anything.

In theory, agreed. In practice, those seem to be no different from the other...

Why haven't you asked about in the OOC? If the other players meant to ignore your god, it would have been in the posts rather than implied. Or why haven't to described him slinking into the background and listening. At this point, any post is a welcome post.

And while yes, you have no loose ends, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the ride down. Just build, create, expand. It doesn't have to open up a loose end. It just has to shape the world somehow.

I don't know... I just want people to start posting again.

My photo was found here.

Huh.  I thought I did reply...
I've not really had a lot of time to make even minor posts between work, keeping up with posts and then going to origins. I'll try to post after work if I can find time (posting from phone at worl now). But i'm also not going to start anything new in a declining game when I can save the idea for a new one. If we decide we aren't finishing this game soon, then its a dofferent animal.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
If Thought doesn't reappear by Thursday/Friday, I will begin using Sa's domain of prophecy to "puppet" TASOE, mostly in terms of correctly predicting what he will be doing, ergo handling what he is doing.

Any objections?
I got ahold of Thought.  He's completely swamped with a variety of things and apologizes for not being able to post.  He proposes we basically make up a location for where TASOE is, although he did state "Oh, so you just want to know where TASOE is right now? When I left off, I was going to have him jump out of Shadow and slap down Seg/Artun"  When I expressed surprise that TASOE was hiding in Shadow's God, he stated: "TASOE is always where there is evil, and Shadow's evil, so.... "

So, it seems to me that we have our next steps.  TASOE leaps out (of somewhere) as a mass of evil spirits, strikes down Seg and Artun just as they are about to spill the beans, and then races off, with our gods in hot pursuit.  We have one final, world-scarring battle, banish the spirits of evil (or imprison them in a newly reforged mega-sun... in continuing the theme of 'Agni's a jerk', I half feel like ending the game by making the world a desert would be... fitting. :D  Or, you know, I could just make Summer, as we've defined all the other seasons by now.

So who wants to start this whole thing moving?  Sa getting a 'bad feeling about this' seems like an appropriate way to begin to me!

Regardless, Dragonborn creation is incoming, as is some drama over in the West.  Going to try and have the former up tonight, the latter up tomorrow, as well as a few more tags to try and get things rolling.  Got to find Umbra and kill him, too :D
Hey! Tell him I object to being called evil. I don't think my god is evil. Deceptive as all hell, but that doesn't necessarily mean evil.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Oh, I don't think he meant your god :P

Once this "chase" begins, Azgo will probably slink away to destroy Pruinus and/or Father... Bramble was it? That all right with everyone?

And as a side note to Toph: If Paren does not heal Cantorix, he will die. Not to say that I want Cantorix to live, or want him to die, but that is a decision you must make.

My photo was found here.

Fine by me.  Looks like Pen has vanished somewhere as well

And... oh, yeah, that. :D   
Finished the post... ending is a little different now.
So... there's something I wanted to discuss before we plunge into the Depths of No Return regarding the ending. As far as I'm aware, there have been a few sugestions for an ending, but the group has not selected anything officialy. Is that true?

If so, I would like to finalize that before we defeat TASOE. My personal vote is for us to wrap up this "chapter" of defeating TASOE and then leave on a "and the story continues" note (much more elegant than that, but in essence the same). Also, my bias as a new player might is certainly affecting this, but I don't want to pursue a type of continuity between LoC's. I like the idea of them standing alone as they are. Merely my opinion however, and I am willing to pursue whatever the group decides together.

If not, what is the ending we've agreed upon. I must of missed it.

In other news, I will be unable to post tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy. 

My photo was found here.

That is correct.

My current 'plan' is to imprison TASOE within the sun, with the ever present and ever-looming threat that one day, TASOE will escape and the world will need the gods once more.  That plan is, of course, subject to change.
Turns out I can slip a post in after all. 

Toph, I thought you wanted to banish the gods from the world.  Change of mind?

My photo was found here.

*shrug*   That would require us re-establishing and expanding on a lot of the resentment towards the gods that the mortals feel.  I don't want us to have to do more than we can reasonably fit into our schedules
So... Raven, any opinions on the ending? Also, who's gonna start off the chase? I'm eager to go deicidal!

And does anyone want to take over the other dragons?? Pretty pretty please?

My photo was found here.