Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
@Raven: Is now a good time for a meeting, given that both of our locations seem rather ambiguous? Seeing as you are currently working on the undead with Thought, i wanted to check first. I can come back later however.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Timmy's origin story just got... Dark.  Scorch might have something to say about this!!!!!!!!!

But this depends on James' planned reaction.  What is going to happen next? 
Pen, if its not obvious, I'm looking for Branch.  That said, since Branch is an avatar, I can't *find* Branch unless Branch wants to be found... as that is the benefit of being an Avatar.

So... do you want to be found? 
@Raven: Is now a good time for a meeting, given that both of our locations seem rather ambiguous? Seeing as you are currently working on the undead with Thought, i wanted to check first. I can come back later however.

Yup. Feel free. Sa is still giddy and leaking divine energy after letting the Umbrage loose in the world, so it should be pretty easy to pin down.
A Primer for the extant Dragons:

Black /
  Red - Regular looking, 3.5 / 4.0 Dragons
White - Legless, but with foreclaws
Azure - Armless, but with legs (so Wyvern or Drakelike)
Orange - Wingless, look like large crocodiles.
And remember, we still have TWO dragonorbs to go!

One is... a little tricky to reach, given that it is inside one of the Evil Monsters of Evil, but the other is literally sitting around in the middle of a field.  Come on!  Lets do it! 
Speaking of evil monster of evil...
Whoa... 
Erm. Thought.

The monks in the sky put The Beacon in a building (The Sanctum), not to mention the bridges etc. that they've got anchoring the skymotes to each other.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

So there's two AP of nourishes, minimum, between you and a drive by sun-swallowing.

(And also, that's the building with all the dragons in it... )
Which is why I said 'Whoa...'

Yeah, Thought... probably best to address that.  Otherwise I predict a lot of... indigestion.

Raven, you have... a bunch of dragon-kin waiting... we can help you with your... 'my kin have been swallowed' problem. 
Ah, sorry, missed that (and the origin of the Quickening -- I had wondered where that come from). But that begs the question: how attached are you to the Sanctuary, Raven?

EDIT: Never mind. Been reading up on the skylander history and think I have an idea that doesn't necessitate destorying the Sanctuary, while still (hopefully) pissing off those dragons.
And fixed (modified the original post) while still hopefully pissing off the azure dragons. Also, fluffed out the zombie attack.

On another note, Topheh, might I make a case for special AP considerations? While I only posted once ingame, I'd like to point out that there was a lot of out of game posting regarding getting ingame stuff right. That was still contributing to the ingame world, just in a slightly more indirect manner. Also, it is a little hard to post in game when one isn't sure if one's previous post will have to be rewritten.

If that's not enough to get 5AP this week, I'll certainly make do, but I thought it might be worth asking.
Eh.  Sure.  Twist my arm.
Ah, sorry, missed that (and the origin of the Quickening -- I had wondered where that come from). But that begs the question: how attached are you to the Sanctuary, Raven?

EDIT: Never mind. Been reading up on the skylander history and think I have an idea that doesn't necessitate destorying the Sanctuary, while still (hopefully) pissing off those dragons.

Sorry, I went to bed, then off to work.

I actually liked the idea of the godbeast accidentally ingesting the Azure Dragons. I'd like to propose that you did, in fact, swallow the Sanctum (SANCTUM) when you nixed the sun.

Also, would it kill you to go a month without altering the cosmology :P
Wait, is it Sanctuary or Sanctum? Or sancta sanctorum? Your OOC post makes it seems like Sanctum, but your IC posts (suc has this one:  community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...) make it seem like its Sanctuary.

Anywho, yes, it would kill me to go a month without altering the cosmoloy. Luckily, after this, I think that the basic nature of everything should be set. Several of the suns will probably be restored, and there probably wont be a toxic burning mountain in the sky. Probably, but I can't make any promises.

And finally, is it important to say that the island was swallowed? If not, we could just saw that a bunch of dragons were swarming around the sun, and got swallowed along with.

Wait, is it Sanctuary or Sanctum? Or sancta sanctorum? Your OOC post makes it seems like Sanctum, but your IC posts (suc has this one:  community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...) make it seem like its Sanctuary.

Anywho, yes, it would kill me to go a month without altering the cosmoloy. Luckily, after this, I think that the basic nature of everything should be set. Several of the suns will probably be restored, and there probably wont be a toxic burning mountain in the sky. Probably, but I can't make any promises.

And finally, is it important to say that the island was swallowed? If not, we could just saw that a bunch of dragons were swarming around the sun, and got swallowed along with.

Ah, blast. I guess the error is mine, then. Old-me called it the Sanctuary. Present-me called it the Sanctum. I like the Sanctum better, so I'm inclined to retcon it to that.

As to the island - I don't think there *was* one. It was built to house the sun / Beacon, which was, by definition, not anchored to an earthmote / island at all, and since it was built with loads of psionic magic, a sky mote wouldn't (necessarily) be required in the first place.

So no islands to worry about, if that's your fear.
Mostly just didn't want to destroy the Sanctuarious Sanctum. So, I think we are all agreed, then, that by swallowing the Beacon, the behemoth also swallowed some azure dragons?
Indubitably.
So, if I follow correctly, Forgotten now has control over Timmy Bushytail? Awesome.
End of the week, Pen.  End of the week.  So... like... tomorrow :D
Tonight is going to be busy for me, so I'm not sure if I'll get a post up before tomorrow night.  Lot of cool stuff happening, though!
Sorry, Toph. I've not *intended* to ignore your dragon twice now. :|
Its okay that you're not fast enough :P
Part of the fault is mine. I apologize.

And where are the angels, Pen? Are they still about?

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Apologies if my posts are not very coherent. I'm mainly posting from my phone nowadays without much time to actually read others posts on the IC and OOC thread. This is manily due to my focus on the Agni artwork, amongst other things. I'm still running into issues with the Agni piece (In other words, I suck) but however far I have got by tomorrow night I will upload the piece, although chances are it will still need the odd tweak or two.

Anyway, the beginning of next month I should have a lot of time to set aside for editting the wiki and just catching up on whats happening in the world. I may also stat a few monsters, as well as Pruinus and The Horned Knight.
Turns out I will not be at my computer for most of today, so here is the Agni I have got so far at my Deviantart.

ascendedjames.deviantart.com/art/Agni-Ea...

Obviously this is unfinished and needs a lot more polish. (The left horns still need filling with base colour :L) Still, thoughts?

I've been viewing Topheh's original image of the three metallic, flaming masks and my image is deviating from that quite a bit, but I wouldn't want to just recreate another image. I'm especially hoping to give Agni a bit of a creepy look, considering his callous nature and sometimes sinister actions.
Oh man, the teeth are SUPER creepy... didn't even consider that I might have them, but... now I certainly think I do.  :D

@Pen: What happened to all the angels? I was hoping to see more of them...

@ Raven: Sorry, but could you give me a quick run down on all the differences between Divine magic and normal magic again? I would like to make use of it, but I don't want to jump the gun.

@James: Fine. Keep your promises. Just know that one day, Timmy will be mine.

He.
Will.
Be.
Mine.

My photo was found here.

@ Raven: Sorry, but could you give me a quick run down on all the differences between Divine magic and normal magic again? I would like to make use of it, but I don't want to jump the gun.

Certainly.

Divine magic is fueled by faith, and practicers of divine magic are Divinists. When a being has strong faith, it matters not in what, as long as they have faith in it, they are able to draw Mana directly from Sa to power their magicks. Divine magic must be invoked through the use of flowers, flower-based implements, such as plant-dyes, or carved metals(e.g) into the likeness of flowers. Each worshiped god has an associated flower that provides an especially strong conduit. (So you should pick a flower!)

The amount of Mana Divinists can channel from Sa is proportional to their inner reserves, but like Primal Spirits of Primal Magic, Sa simply refuses to power spells that would doom their casters.

Also, I believe it's your turn at The Moot? We've given the "Proof" the blacks asked for, I think.
The Teeth and smile are meant to be very creepy. I think the lava he's drooling seems puny in comparision to the eternal volcano, and needs to pack more of a punch seeing as it is being spewed from the mouth of a god, but all that is still to come.

All, on the matter of Timmy, how long do you suppose we have left on this LoC?

I wanted Timmy's development into a badass hero to be quite the journey, and I'm just wondering how much time I have left to make that happen. I don't want him to start smoking cigars and dishing out one liners just yet.
you have plenty of time James! For as long as people keep posting and there is interest, we Will keep this going! As such, there is much to see and do yet so you have plenty of time to turn him into the cigar smoking, prostitute handleling, one-liner throwing, bad-ass this side of the realms!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Delaying reset till tomorrow as I lost track of time and didn't talk with any of the other admins.  If you have posts to make, make them fast!

Certainly.

Divine magic is fueled by faith, and practicers of divine magic are Divinists. When a being has strong faith, it matters not in what, as long as they have faith in it, they are able to draw Mana directly from Sa to power their magicks. Divine magic must be invoked through the use of flowers, flower-based implements, such as plant-dyes, or carved metals(e.g) into the likeness of flowers. Each worshiped god has an associated flower that provides an especially strong conduit. (So you should pick a flower!)

The amount of Mana Divinists can channel from Sa is proportional to their inner reserves, but like Primal Spirits of Primal Magic, Sa simply refuses to power spells that would doom their casters.

Also, I believe it's your turn at The Moot? We've given the "Proof" the blacks asked for, I think.

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but as for creating a setting in which people will want to play various characters, I don't really like this handling of Divine Magic.

Let's say that someone wishes to create a Invoker who worships Zebus or a Paladin devoted to Leaf, it just seems somewhat odd that there power would come from Sa, rather then the god they actually choose to worship.

Granted, Divine Power comes from Faith which does not necessarily have to be faith in a deity or creature, but could be a concept such as Freedom or Peace, then I still think that it would be better for their power to come from a more general "Faith energy" of some kind, rather then forcing them to draw power from Sa.

I also don't like the idea of divine implements having to be flowers, I'd much prefer it to be any item which in some way embodies the object of the Divinists faith. A divinist who places his faith in freedom could channel his powers through the broken shackles of a slave, perhaps?

My main dislike of the current Divine power source is that all concepts are restricted to drawing their power from Sa, even if the concept or the divinist themselves opposed or were at odds with Sa.
Thought:  If you are just going to blow up the place I just glassed, then I'll just take back that AP and do something else with it...
And where are the angels, Pen? Are they still about?

That is an excellent question. There were your Corrupted Angels (aka, craterspawn), and I don't know about them, and then the Angels of Death that, really, only got a few posts about (I think only one from their creater, FF6), which I also don't know anything about. As for guardian angels. Um.. I'd assume that the ones in the crater were largely destroyed when it went crazy there. There were others elsewhere, but nothing specific. They're probably still about, hanging out where there is life, trying to protect it.

I've been trying to play catch up with what's been happening later and I'm really struggling. I have to be honest, I may wish to drop out of this LoC at some point soon. I have no idea what to do with Pruinus right now, The Horned Knight doesn't exist whilst there is no large threats to the Primal Spirits and Timmy.... Not sure what to do with him either. I also have no idea whats going on right now either, I think I got confused around page 48.

Truth told, I've been feeling less motivation to post since around the time of Agni cleansing the world with flame, as many people drop out such as Alturius and Urru, both of whom I was beginning to create interesting relationships with. I'll probably stick around a little longer because I have really liked certain points of this game and I wish to continue doing the illustrations (Slowly) and I'll probably finish my parts of the Wiki as I said I would do that.

But yeah, I'm busy right now and I'll keep checking the thread, but currently there are no plot arcs that really inspire me to add anything too, and I'm getting bored of making posts that exist in Pruinus own little world which effect and involve no-one else.
Sorry you feel that way. I've loved having you and your god around. The arctiv elves were my attempt to interest Pruinus and I had hoped it would lead to more interactions, although I think that was right around the time you started having computer problems. Although I'd still love we could develop their culture, etc, together. Also, there's a sun in the north that I'd been hoping to get some Primal Spirits interested in.

I know that's all my stuff. I can't speak for others, but I've been hesitent to interact with what you've been creating/doing because you seemed to have limited time and a specific story to tell. I mean, a giant egg fell right into the middle of Nix territory/the crown, then the sun fell on that, then giant monsters hatched out of them and went rampaging, all without a notice from Pruinus or your characters. To me, I guess, that means you have plans and I shouldn't mess with them.

I'm rambling, but I just mean that I hope you find reason to stay around
Well, Pen, while it's fair to say that there have been opportunities for James to connect, that seems like you're placing too much blame on him. Although there are a-doings a foot, we can't just expect James to respond to us. We have to respond to his stuff, too. I, too, have been hestitant to do so, but that's more of my fault, and luckily something we can change!

Thought, just to be clear, James, right now there is a divine battle going on that I'm hoping will draw the gods together and promote interaction between them.

Anywho, that said, since I'm an antagonist, would you like me to work on an antagonist for Timmy? I'd love to brainstorm some potential conflicts or storylines with you for him. Maybe a nix fox who raises Timmy's family as zombies. Or perhaps a childhood bully who grew up and still wants to put the Legendary Hero, Timmy Bushytail, in his place? Or maybe the beautiful Susan Silkyfur has been put under a curse and only Timmy can release her?

Also, if what has happened is too much to catch up on, skip it, and rejoin in media res! You'll figure out what happened while you weren't paying attention. I had sent Onus to talk to Pruinus at one point. We could flavor your/Pruinus' amnesia as him doing something bad to you, then you can find out what is what ingame.
I agree with Thought as to just jumping into the middle of things.  I know I'm over a week behind now on the story (just lost track of time) but that is a decent way to have a general sense of what is going on without having to read *everything*.  

Really, what I've done in the past when either a) out of ideas or b) lost is to just send some random character of mine towards some distant location and just put a OOC tag on it saying 'who wants to interact?'   Its never failed.

So... proposal:  Timmy has just lost his family.  Come to the eternal Volcano and get an Agni'Vohda assassin to join him!

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but as for creating a setting in which people will want to play various characters, I don't really like this handling of Divine Magic.

Let's say that someone wishes to create a Invoker who worships Zebus or a Paladin devoted to Leaf, it just seems somewhat odd that there power would come from Sa, rather then the god they actually choose to worship.

Granted, Divine Power comes from Faith which does not necessarily have to be faith in a deity or creature, but could be a concept such as Freedom or Peace, then I still think that it would be better for their power to come from a more general "Faith energy" of some kind, rather then forcing them to draw power from Sa.

I also don't like the idea of divine implements having to be flowers, I'd much prefer it to be any item which in some way embodies the object of the Divinists faith. A divinist who places his faith in freedom could channel his powers through the broken shackles of a slave, perhaps?

My main dislike of the current Divine power source is that all concepts are restricted to drawing their power from Sa, even if the concept or the divinist themselves opposed or were at odds with Sa.

Forgive me if this sounds rude in return, but, why does it matter if the power comes from Sa?

It's not explicitly known that Sa is the source of divine magic, it's just "known" that to practice Divine Magic, you need to use a flower, just like it's "known" that there are 7 suns, and they orbit the planet, or that it's "known" that gaining experience causes one to "level up", as you added.

The whole concept of divine magic being based on Faith, instead of being parceled out by individual gods, means it does not matter if an individual works against Sa, Azgo, or the entire pantheon -- As long as they believe in the power of, say, Freedom,  they can use Divine Magic.

It's not an active effect, just a passive aspect of the god. Agni dribbles magma wherever he goes. Sa grants the faithful (any faithful) Divine Magic.

Sign In to post comments