Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Raven: everyone knows that Other M doesn't exist, stop making things up.

Nonsense! It exists, and it's an okay game. Not great, but okay. I just don't know why everyone keeps claiming it's a Metroid game. Just your run of the mill space-marine / scifi shooter... yuuuup.

Wow, things move fast. I didn't look at the thread for a few days, and now I have a few pages to read through. Things are sounding really exciting, can't wait to start.

If I followed the discussion right, namely just that fundamental jobs are more important than fundamental domains.

That's what I was getting at... I think.

As for a possible villain for Leaf, sounds fun, although I don't really know yet what that would be like. I mean, Sa already will be a chaotic counterpart, so the most obvious idea's been taken. And then there's Zebus, too, as a deathly counterpart. Maybe just wait and see what gets developed and were Leaf might be able to fit in.

I wanna be the god of darkness.

I like it. But what would happen if a god tried to give something to Umbra? Or wrestled him? Would they just be kind of enveloped in darkness? I'm just trying to get my mind around the idea so I can imagine things properly.
Raven: this might change your mind: 

moonbase.rydia.net/mental/blog/gaming/me...

Enough Metroid talk though, I don't want to derail the thread before the game even starts.

Pen_Draggin: if you give something to Umbra, it just dissapears into the shadows and then reemerges when and where Umbra wants to put it. If he gets into fights with other gods, I'll play the descriptions by ear. I have SOME ideas on what the battle might look like, but it depends on the location and the other god.
I am so glad I found this. If no one minds, count me in. I also feel a need to add a darker element to the mix.

How is this?

Name:Azgo
Moderate Domain: Pestilence
Lesser Domain: Suffering
Physical Appearance: Azgo appears as a tall humaniod wracked with cysts and places where bones break the surface of his peeling skin. He seems to be a pair of fused twins (not at the hip, but an asymmetrical combination of skeletons and flesh) while having four arms and three working legs. One of his heads is blind and bile drips from the corners of his mouth. The other head is mute with eye filaments constantly moving to grant him sight. His lean but athletic. His bald head is covered in bloody scars and scabs that still ooze.
Holy Symbol: A brightly colored circle with a singular black dot in the middle

Personality: Azgo reveals in the pain that he causes and the fear he invokes. He suffers a great deal constantly and believes that only by spreading/creating pain in equal to his will his own pain disapate. He disdains beauty and granduer because it reminds him of his own imperfection.

EDIT: After looking at Rimmon's god, who delights in pain for pain's sake, I am thinking about expanding my god toward a carnage and slaughter god as well as disease. Become a foil for Kuranath in some respects. We'll see...

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

TheForgottenCommand: welcome aboard and your god looks awesome!!!!

Thought: I have no idea yet what race I am going to start with, but I do have a few ideas rattling around in this empty head of mind. I'm thinking it might start with human, but I'm unsure right now. I need to wait till after it starts before I begin.

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

TheForgottenCommand: welcome aboard and your god looks awesome!!!!

Thought: I have no idea yet what race I am going to start with, but I do have a few ideas rattling around in this empty head of mind. I'm thinking it might start with human, but I'm unsure right now. I need to wait till after it starts before I begin.

Humans were created by the god of death? Heh.

I do like the idea of humans being one of the oldest sentient races in the world. Explains why they're the baseline from which so many other races deviate.

I'm digging the new god of Pestilence. Looks like Thought isn't going to have all the fun. 
Question: Is this thread the primary means to contact people? I know there's been an irc chat in the past, but is that still a thing? PMs? Private, general chat room or forum, somewheres?
So, first thing, i talked to one of my more RP focused players and he is interested in joining but is just short of the starting line. I will try to get him to commit on Sunday.

An additional roster update would be good as the game commences so we are all on the same page.

@ Raven-of-Dreams: I have been wondering why you have chosen only two lesser domains when you could have three (just curious).

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

@ Raven-of-Dreams: I have been wondering why you have chosen only two lesser domains when you could have three (just curious).

By the by, I'm just going to throw out that I have some ideas for Magic in the setting-to-be. I don't think it necessary to start with Magic as a major domain (though I could, since Flowers don't count for much), but this is just a heads up that I'm likely headed in that direction.

Cheers.

Simply put, my ideas for the domain of Magic won't be fully realize-able at the start of game (due to lack of mortals). Put another way, I want Magic to arise out of Flowers and Promises, rather than starting with all 3.

Got it.

My photo was found here.

The mibbit chat is still there, although its not as used as it once was. You can pretty much do all of those things. You Can pm, post here, or through the LoC group forum. I do believe for open topics I'd recommend posting here as it is going to be the most checked up on. For something a little more private, hit one or all of us by pm and we'll get to you as soon as we are able to. Topheh and I try to stay on the mibbit chat site as often as possible, which at times isn't as often as we'd like, but it's still being manned.

For those of us just joining us there is a IRC chat that we utilize occasionally and would love to use more: chat.mibbit.com channel: #LoC       

If we aren't there then keep on checking every so often. I'm there right now, and will be there all day tomorrow if anyone cared to join me!

We do have a group page here in the community. The Lords of Creation Group site is where we get together to talk about rules, past/present/future LoCs, mortal stories, and more!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Hello everyone, TheForgottenCommand showed me this and it seems like a lot of fun! So I was hoping I could join as well here is the idea for my character. Please offer advice for making it a more solid character as this is my first time making a God-like character.

Name: Altruis, God of Undeath

Moderate Domain: Undeath

Lesser Domain: Fear

Description of (Some) Forms: He can appear in multiple forms, but the one he uses the most is a tall, thin figure wrapped in cloak of shadow. two stars glow brilliantly where his eyes would be (Similar to my account picture), and the rest of his face is obscured by shadow. Closer observation shows that he is hooded and is equipped with a whip on his belt and a bow in hand, with wrists wrapped in chains which drag upon the ground. The hood would have to be lowered to see his face, which would appear with pure white eyes no pupils, along with his face being wrapped in chains face, pale white almost skeletal. However he can look normal if he wishes, and blends into a crowd he takes the form of Shadar-kai skin slightly purple but could be mistaken for human. He can easily move about the worlds without being noticed if he so wishes. Another form would be to have a shadowy aura around him, and larger than human shadow spreading around him, depending on who gazes upon this form they see their worst fear in those shadows surrounding them as he approaches they become more vivid. In this form he is able to grow wings from the shadows, tangible allowing flight. (Have other forms in mind as well, but keeping those for in-game, secrets!)

Personality: Altruis is intelligent and takes deep planning and thought in his actionsHe takes a sadistic joy in tormenting his victims, both before and after their deaths  If he stumbles upon a sleeping mortal and is so inclined, he can invade their dream and cause the worst of torments to his victims in any way he see's fit. . To strike fear into a particular person whom soul he believes will be more "savory" he marks them with 9 whip marks on their back simply by touching them while asleep. To mortals the mark as become a sign of those marked for the dead, making the one marked live shunned from the town as a bad omen isolated and alone, till he finally takes them. When he feels the need to rest he goes to the (something similar to shadow fell for his domain), leaving in his wake hollow corpses, their souls ripped loose. While in this plane he can pick any of the souls he has devoured and reanimate them and for his own pleasure make them suffer an endless nightmare. He lives to cause fear & madness in all that he walks near, and thrives in death, relishes it.

Reactions of Mortals: Assassin Cults and Guilds have popped up from the mortals who follow him and enjoy killing descretely but also putting fear into their hearts before taking the life of their victim. Cults have taken an almost necromatic view of Altruis and offer him the souls of their victims in their rituals. Rumors among normal mortals, that he can be seen where great mortal battles had taken place, collecting the souls of the slain and dead to torture forever more to relieve their last moments of battle again and again for eternity.

Divine Symbol:
 A black nine-stranded whip, the ends bloody and barbed, a skeletal hand a hold of it is the most common. Another symbol commonly associated with him used mostly by assassin cults/guilds is twin daggers crossing one another pointing downwards, blood dripping down with bloody barbed vine twisted along the hilts of the daggers. Mostly seen on daggers of associated assassin's or garbs of the occultists.
       - Whip Symbol Similar to this, but not exact(no skeletal hand)- http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Loviatar_symbol.jpg

I think this is a fairly decent start to my character and please correct me on anything that may be wrong such as used too many AP or something! Hope to have lots of fun everyone.

EDIT: Added and reworked general description of him a bit to make it more smooth and explained better to what I have in mind.
So, first thing, i talked to one of my more RP focused players and he is interested in joining but is just short of the starting line. I will try to get him to commit on Sunday. 

As you see above, I just beat you to it, haha.
Thought, hold that thought! I don't think I'll be needing an ingame nemesis device now as I do believe someone has wonderfully provided one for me in a much better format!

Rimmon, welcome to the game! Your god is looks good, and I can already forsee conflict both direct and indirect between yours and my gods. It is going to be awesome!

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

That is unfortunate as I love Kyurako Jirou from Bleach but so be it, I'm sure it will be fun though! Looking forward to start!
Looking forward to some of the new, more sinister gods we're getting here! Definitely see there being some conflict now.
Checking the group page again I remember there was originally going to be a god of lust, wonder what happened to him. :L
A late little to ask this question, but how long is this game expected to last? (Real world time)
I've probably asked this question before but I forget exactly where the answer is

It will probably last for as long as there is stuff to do! Or as long as its players last.

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Fair enough, has the length of previous games been consistent enough for us to figure out a possible average?

Edit: I'm not asking so how long the game is so I can leave (Not like I have anything more interesting to do XD) but simply so I know when a new game can start, as assuming I enjoy this game (And I very much think i will) I like the idea of playing again with an new roster of gods, I already have a couple of ideas what I'd like to play next.
Lol on average, they last around 6+months, or at least the last couple of iterations have. I've heard of some of the earlier ones have lasted over a year if not more. Not many of them have really been consistant enough to really judge for time span, but it is an idea. As for how often new ones start, its just a matter of interest -burnout. The more people we have with interest helps determine if we can get a new one going quick or not. We have had some people just drop out due to life/burnout/ whatever though. More often than not, look for a time span no shorter than at least 1 month between games! I say that because we like to go over and figure out what worked, what didn't, and how to improve things for the next game.

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Name: Thereus
Greater Domains:
Moderate Domains: Magma? If it does not fall under the rule of Fire. If that is the case I can change it to something else such as metals.
Lesser Domains: Smiths and Constructs
Physical Appearance: A huge man in his best years, carrying a wild beard on his cheeks, an apron on his shoulders and a hammer in his massive iron hands. There is a certain light to him, an inner light and and intense heat that eminates from his very skin.Thereus will be born as an old soul, with an interest for mortals, systems and worlds. He builds and construct things more than anything else. Expect little love or intrigue from this though kind but ultimately slightly unsocial creature.
Divine Symbol: A hammer held by grasping silver hands.
Quick question: How is ascention going to work? I have been looking through some of the older games and i am not sure that Azgo would consider himself "semi-beholden" to anyone. He hates everyone...

EDIT: To be specific, i am quoting a page for power points for AR-"4PP - Ascend God: Allows the entry of a new player, who is semi-beholden to his creator". I know that it is an older version of the game and might have changed, but the specifics of the relationship of ascention were skipped.

Whatever. I guess I'll find out the old fashion way.

Note to self: begotten not equal to beholden.

My photo was found here.

Name: Onus, aka: The Living Mountain, Stone-steeped
Greater Domain: Stone
Physical Appearance: Usually found sitting quietly, he resembles a mountain. When he moves, the jags and crevices reveal themselves as limbs, unfurling as he picks himself up. He resembles a gargoyle with stone wings and a long tail. His steps cause the earth to rumble and the beat of his wings can cause winds powerful enough to flatten trees. His patience is his greatest strength, and weakness. He spends far too much time weighing the consequences of his actions, and thus misses out on some important events.
Holy Symbol: A face carved in stone. The face varies from place to place, or worshiper to worshiper, but is always recognizable by a triangular mark borne on the forehead.
New Gods since Toph's last post.

Thought
: Tasoe, god of walking thundercats reference, Pumyra nooooo! Evil.
PinkPonyPrincess (PPP): Umbra, god of Darkness
TheForgottenCommand: Azgo, god of Pestilence
Rimmon: Altruis, god of Fear darnit, you changed it on me Undeath
Aldii: Thereus, god of Magma?
Crimson_Vampr: Onus, god of Stone
Sorry 'bout that Raven lol.
It's cool. But now I wish to confer with you all secret like. I have an idea for undeath that I woulds talk with you regarding. I will send you a PM tomorrow, if I can remember.
Once he has his fingers in more pies, figuring out a nemesis for him should be easier.

Quite true. Since you were generous enough to be interested in an antagonis, though, I wanted to put some thought (pun intended) into it so it will hopefully turn out good, eventually.

I really like your idea for the doomsday artifact that the good gods need to steal and repurpose. Just make sure you wait for a dramatically appropriate moment to introduce it (I'll be willing to contribute AP).

Thanks!

@Thought: At first I was against a god that existed purely to provide villains I'm growing to the idea...

Quite understandable. After all, it is a non-standard idea, at least for a game like this. However, if you look at it from a narrative perspective, it's far more normal. Though keep in mind, my goal is more of to be antagonists and foils, than to necessarily be villains. Just, with a lot of good-leaning gods, villains would be more likely to be antagonists. However, an antagonist is just the individual who hinders the protagonists goals. For example, in the movie, the Dark Knight, the Joker is a villain, but Harvey Dent is the antagonist (even before he becomes Two-Face). Bruce's  goal is to retire, which he can only allow himself to do if Harvey becomes Gotham's White Knight. Character flaws in Harvey, even from the start, prevent this. The Joker is closer to the movie's Relationship Character.

Plot is what makes literature go-round, plot requires conflict, conflict requires antagonists. To be fair, a normal god concept can be an antagonist (I could see Leaf and Sa having an antagonistic relationship, depending on how devoted to their alignments each is). But because each person is also the hero of their own story, people are reluctant to let their character lose (especially in the long term). Another part of what makes literature go-round is the cathartic release of plot resolution. Without antagonists that can be consistently trounced, the story is less enjoyable.

So, hopefully, by me being a devoted antagonist to be beaten, the stories that arise from play will be a little more engaging and rewarding. That is my intent, at least.

And yes, I have been reading a lot of blogs and books on creative writing. Why do you ask? :P

Of course, thats if you're willing to allow your epic incarnation of all evil to be defeated by a kawaii snow-fox teenager called Timmy Bushytail. ;D

Deal!

Personality: Azgo reveals in the pain that he causes and the fear he invokes. He suffers a great deal constantly and believes that only by spreading/creating pain in equal to his will his own pain disapate. He disdains beauty and granduer because it reminds him of his own imperfection.

I like it, and ASE would totally be willing to offer support for a god like that.

Hello everyone, TheForgottenCommand showed me this and it seems like a lot of fun! So I was hoping I could join as well here is the idea for my character. Please offer advice for making it a more solid character as this is my first time making a God-like character.

Name: Altruis, God of Undeath

Moderate Domain: Undeath

Lesser Domain: Fear

I like it. The description is solid, and fear is always a good, go-get-em domain. I'll put thought into it, but Altruis seems better thought out that my own, so...

Thought, hold that thought! I don't think I'll be needing an ingame nemesis device now as I do believe someone has wonderfully provided one for me in a much better format!

Well, antagonists are different than nemeses. And I'm willing to lose, too, so I think you might have room for me, eventually ;)

@James, generally 6 months is a normal lifespan for these games (the very very first one, back when the forum was very active in general, was a year or more, but that was an oddity). However, during the course, you can always retire a god and start a new one.

Name: Onus, aka: The Living Mountain, Stone-steeped
Greater Domain: Stone

Seems rock-solid. Any ideas for how such a god might interact with other gods or mortals?

I like it, and ASE would totally be willing to offer support for a god like that.

That sounds great; just be sure to remember that Azgo hates everybody. He is more of a god to be used than to be befriended. Let me know if you formulate any plans.

Seems rock-solid.

Ahh, rock puns. I always though they were taken for granite.

My photo was found here.

Ahh, rock puns. I always though they were taken for granite.

Sad...... just sad. 

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltsomig4fc1qmf6d...

I like it. The description is solid, and fear is always a good, go-get-em domain. I'll put thought into it, but Altruis seems better thought out that my own, so...

Thanks I appreciate the compliments, look forward to having a great time!
It's cool. But now I wish to confer with you all secret like. I have an idea for undeath that I woulds talk with you regarding. I will send you a PM tomorrow, if I can remember.

Alright I'll send you a message tomorrow to remind you lol
Seems rock-solid. Any ideas for how such a god might interact with other gods or mortals?

Yeah, I have some ideas, but they are pretty vague. I was thinking about having him create dwarves and giants, but I was a little late getting posted. Thereus seems more likely to create dwarves, so I'll stick to giants. I also had the thought of creating a powerful "earth-bending" race and having them get destroyed, leaving Onus so distraught that he does something drastic to bring them back to life, and becomes a god of undeath, but Undeath has been filled now too, so we'll have to wait and see what plays out. I imagine him as being rather nuetral in general, but more because he's slower to respond to events than because he thinks things need to be balanced. Kind of like the treant race in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
I also had the thought of creating a powerful "earth-bending" race and having them get destroyed, leaving Onus so distraught that he does something drastic to bring them back to life, and becomes a god of undeath, but Undeath has been filled now too, so we'll have to wait and see what plays out.

That can potentially make it even better. Onus is so desperate to bring his creations back that he seeks out the aid of Altruis, who raises them as undead in exchange for some morally compromising favor. Could be a great character development moment for Onus, and the religion of the earthbender-type race gets more intricate as they realize they owe their (un)lives to more than one god. 
 That can potentially make it even better. Onus is so desperate to bring his creations back that he seeks out the aid of Altruis, who raises them as undead in exchange for some morally compromising favor. Could be a great character development moment for Onus, and the religion of the earthbender-type race gets more intricate as they realize they owe their (un)lives to more than one god. 

Fantastic Idea, and definently a benefit to me ;) lol It certaintly would raise many intersting events which would be an enjoyable experience added to this game.

Took that Magic Color test, that answer is fantastic haha.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Btw Pony, you stole one of my domains -glares darkly at you-

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqkm3pMVPT1qht84...
Whoa!  Tons of new people! (and an Aldii!  Great to see you again!)  I should go on vacation more often.  

Sorry for the short replies, but trying to catch up before I head to work.

@Raven:  Yeah, the Mibbit room is back, but its been pretty empty.  I try and camp in it when I'm online for longer than ten minutes at a time. 

@Rimmon:  Your god looks great.  Really looking forward to it.  Just a brief note that the things you mention in the 'reaction of mortals' subsection will need to actually be done in-game, too.

@James:  Yeah, 6 months on average is a good bet, with at least a month or two between iterations for us to a) talk about what worked and what didn't and b) recouperate and come up with new ideas.

@Aldii:  Good to see you again!  My God's description states that it drips magma from its mouth, so my gut says that Magma is a subdomain of fire.  That said, you are more than welcome to take it, as it is a separate domain.

@Forgotten:  We've mostly done away with the 'beholden' aspect of ascension.  You'll note that the cost to ascend for that game (4 AP) was quite high.  In order to encourage players to actually ascend other Gods, we added that clause in to imply that the begotten Gods might want to consider 'paying back' the God that created them at some point.  That said, your relationship with your progenitor is up to you.  Alternately, you could be spontaneously self-ascended at some point deemed appropriate for the flow of the game.

@Raven #2:  Thanks.

@Thought/James:  Timmy Bushytail is going to be quite the legend.  I can't wait.

We're going to start soon.  Come on mibbit this afternoon if you'd like to talk!

Quick question: How is ascention going to work? I have been looking through some of the older games and i am not sure that Azgo would consider himself "semi-beholden" to anyone. He hates everyone...

Ascending is always a bit... hodgepodge. There are usually rules, and they are usually ignored. The end result is that several gods just enter the game (we call that "self-ascending"), where as others are ascended by existing gods. Some of that depends on relationships established ahead of time (sometimes it makes a lot of sense for one god to ascend another, instead of that "another" being self-ascended).

I don't know the specifics of this instance, but I expect that the same (lack of) pattern will apply.

That sounds great; just be sure to remember that Azgo hates everybody. He is more of a god to be used than to be befriended. Let me know if you formulate any plans.

Gotcha. So, treat him like Starscream or the sort: the loveable, conniving, lackey that the big bad always puts his trust in only to be proven wrong again and again.
@Topheh

Thank you. That is most generous of you. I would be fine with changing Magma for Metal if you feel that I infringe on your God's domains though.

Gotcha. So, treat him like Starscream or the sort: the loveable, conniving, lackey that the big bad always puts his trust in only to be proven wrong again and again.

That could work. What i had in mind though was a little different. If you can manipulate Azgo into you bidding, directly or indirectly, great. However, Azgo will probably be more hostile towards...well...everyone. He will only form temporary partnerships if the situation is dire or the benefit is great (like a certain godpower siphoning artifact perhaps...)

@Rimmon: That hurts Rimmon, that hurts....

And thanks to both Topheh and Thought for the answers.

My photo was found here.

Aldii,

I think it makes sense as it is.  We can get some sort of family structure between the gods of fire, cold, magma and stone going. 
Sign In to post comments