Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
We're back!  "Lords of Creation” is one of the most addictive forum games you’ll ever encounter. You might recall one of the earlier versions. If you saw it and wanted to join, or if you're brand new, now is your chance!

Lords of Creation is a play-by-post cooperative world-building game in which the players take on the role of gods, with the full powers and influence thereof. The goal of this is to produce a campaign world complete with history, pantheon, geography, races, creatures, and anything you could possibly imagine. One of the best elements is that the world is entirely organic; ancient wars, cultural growth, and divine conflicts are actually the result of warring interests, rather than being pulled whole cloth from a single person’s imagination. This provides diversity that you just can’t find anywhere else. And of course, we have a LOT of fun along the way.

Lords of Creation: Chaos Within

Gods use Action Points (AP) to influence the world. Every week of real time, each player gains a number of AP proportionate to his god's power and level of influence; gods with many great works and armies of worshippers will gain AP faster, as will those who conduct great roleplaying and help influence the world. Your weekly AP starts at 4, and-if you've been playing well-can be as high as 9. AP is assigned by the game's admins.  You have until the end of sunday each week to use your AP from the prior week, otherwise it is lost.

You can spend AP to conduct various actions. Some example divine actions, and their corresponding AP costs, are as follows:

Command - Command is used to issue divine orders. This can be as simple as ordering a hill to form to the creation of a volcanic mountain range. Or it could be used to order your worshippers to war against another faction or to teach people how to perform special actions. The exact potencty of ther action is determined by the amount of AP that is spend. Examples are shown below. 
Command Land (1 AP): Glykllivar smote her spear into the ocean floor, causing a volcano to erupt from the spot. The lava flowed and the hardened, creating an island.
Command Populace (1 AP): The Sage appeared to the elven shamans in their dreams, teaching them the making of certain artifacts. When they awoke, they began scribing their magic on parchment, to make spellbooks and scrolls; the first Wizards had appeared.
Command Land (2 AP): Kur-ah strode along the center of the world, magma dripping from his body. Where it hardened, mountains formed, creating a new chain of hills and cliffs going across the continent.
Command Populace (2 AP): Morintu sent his exarch to preach to the primitive humans. Soon, these people were worshippers of Morintu, and sent armies to the nearby elven lands to conquer them in his name.
Command Land (3 AP): Kyrinian stole a handful of fire from Kur-ah's volcano, throwing it into the sky to create the sun.

Populate/Depopulate - Populate is used to create life of all kinds in the world. 
Populate Birds (1AP): Mariana lifted a handful of sand and threw it into the air. From the cascade, birds of many hues and types flew forth into thhe world.
Populate Pegasus (2 AP): From her divine realm, Artheyan looked down upon the wild horses that dwelt in her green fields. She raised her hand skyward, and several of the horses darted upward, using their new, feathery wings to fly.
Populate Populace (3 AP): When Britmara bathed herself in the cool lake, her power and wisdom took form amid the water. When she left the pool, so too did a newborn race; the werewolves.

Depopulate is an action that is rarely appropriate, and represents the complete genocide of a species, and is often not possible until all nourishes and other benefits have been stripped from that group.  Please confer with the admins if you wish to use this action. 

Nourish/Harm - Used to help/hurt things.  
Nourish Land (1 AP): Wherever Artheyan's tears of grief fell upon the land, grasses and shrubs sprang up, bringing new life to this formerly barren land.
Nourish Populace (1 AP): The prayers of the villagers were answered that year; their newly planted fields flourished beyond measure. Their population and wealth began to increase, allowing them to expand northward and colonize new lands.
Harm Land (1 AP):  Pollux cried out, and the forest withered and burned under his fiery gaze
Harm Populace (1 AP):  The rampaging armies of lizardmen torched the fields of the halflings, and famine fell upon them.

Create/Destroy
Create Artifact (1AP): Tzu handed the warrior a silver spear, a relic that would be passed down for generations.
Create Plane (2 AP): Ooulzoth took one of his aberrant beasts and made it grow to a colossal size. The creature was now big enough to house entire armies within its body, and Ooulzoth built his palace within its stomach.
Create Domain (3 AP): Lexius drew a complex diagram across the map, using preexisting landmarks like islands and rivers as part of his immense sigil. As he completed the diagram, power pulsed through the bones of the world, and arcane magic was unleashed freely for anyone to use.
Create Exarch (3 AP): Morintu took the mortal Icoscol into the sky, and allowed him to overlook the mortal world from above. "This can all be yours, someday."
Create Artifact (3 AP): Kakavindus sat down in his dark palace, and began creating an ebony mask. He poured all of his cunning, malice, and lust for power into the artifact, imbuing it with terrible powers. This artifact could be used by gods and mortals alike to achieve awful things.
Create Plane (4 AP): Elyndra left this world into the void beyond, tapping into the basest part of her essence to create a realm for those who shared her ways, the Feywild
Create Avatar (4 AP): There was a flash of eldritch lightning, and a silvery, iridescent figure walked the mortal world.

Destroy costs are typically the same as create costs, but may require additional actions in preparation.  For instance, destroying an untended artifact is simple, but destroying an artifact which is currently in the posession of another God may require additional actions, either RP or via AP (such as defeating or tricking that God).  Destroying planes and avatars will always require additional thought and preparation.  Feel free to confer with the admins regarding your plans and they will give you advice on how to proceed.

Abjure Region (2 AP) - Prevents other gods from affecting an area of your choice for the remainder of the week, unless they physically come to the area.  You must remain at the area in question.  If you leave, the effect immediately ends.

Claim Domain - Allows Gods to increase their portfolio of domains (see below for examples)

Ascend God (2 AP) -  A 2 AP action which brings a new player into the game (See below) 

Whenever you spend AP, you must be very specific about what you are doing. Artifacts must have their powers listed, races must have an origin point, etc. Also, you can't hoard AP; every week, you lose any leftover APs you have and start anew.  You can begin an action with your AP in one week which is completed in the following week. Also, keep in mind thatyou can share AP with another god for a big, joint project; creating a plane is much easier when each god only spends 2 AP, as long as the two are willing to share their creation.

Sometimes, gods will fight. This is okay and not discouraged, but it should be something that is discussed with the god you plan to attack, and if possible deciding the outcome ahead of time in the OOC or by other means. Attacking another god costs 1 AP. Note that you may NOT kill another player's god unless that player gives you his or her permission OOC beforehand. If you defeat a god whose player isn't willing to give him up, than that god is subdued without being killed. In the case where both gods have committed to fighting but neither side is willing to lose, consult the admins and the victor will be determined by the power of the gods involved, any combat related artifacts they might possess, and other circumstances involved (such as a 'home base' advantage.)

New Gods

Starting Gods begin with 7 AP their first week, which drops to the usual 4 AP/week at the first reset.  New Gods are also given 3 AP before their creation to choose their starting domains (the  spheres of influence your God is patron of) with.  You may choose one greater domain, one moderate and one lesser domain, or three lesser domains.

Example Greater domains:  Life, Knowledge, Time
Example Moderate domains: Nature, Language, Seasons
Example Lesser domains: Dryads, Education, Springtime

A larger (but by no means exaustive) list of domains may be found here: Domains

To express interest in the game, please fill out and post the following in the OOC thread.  An admin will contact you and let you know if everything checks out, at which point you will be ready to play once you have been ascended (or, in some cases, allowed to self-ascend).

Name:
Greater Domains:
Moderate Domains:
Lesser Domains:
Physical Appearance:
Divine Symbol:

NEW GAME REQUIREMENT

We'd like to know from EVERY player how you would like to enter the game.  You have two options:  Ascension by another player, or self-ascension.

Ascension by another player can look like a lot of things.  Examples:

Glole laid aside his hammer and looked on his sculpture.  He breathed upon it with the breath of Life and the marble lips parted as Simala breathed her first breath.

Rillek stumbled and his cup of god-stuff sloshed, sending droplets of sheer potentiality downwards, where they hit a rock.  And the Rock began to think, and Hrmn was born.

Patri knew she had to hide the stolen timey-wimey thing, but nothing was dark enough.  She willed a deeper and deeper darkness into a shadow, and deep in that darkness, something awoke.

Tra attacked Tri and ripped out a chunk of Godflesh, throwing it aside as Tra renewed its assault.  The flesh flew, and as it flew, it changed...

Basically, ascension can be a concious act, an unconcious act, an intentional act or an unintentional act.  The parent or child God can know who their parent/child is, or not.  We've generally found that the best stories come from Gods who have relationships, even unknown ones, with other Gods, and reccomend it.

If, however, you have a compelling reason/desire to be self-ascended, that is fine as well, but we'd like to to come up with an interesting reason why your God has come to be at a particular moment (aka, the god of Darkness doesn't exist simply because there is now a light source and a solid object).

To self ascend, if you see a point in-game that would be an interesting place for you to enter into the world, post it here and tell us what you are thinking, and we'll most likely say 'GO!

If each God could post and say how they would like to be ascended, that would be great.  Once you've done that, you're all set to go!

Links and Tips

wiki

LoC Group

AP Expenditures Entry Form   (Please use whenever you do an action!)

AP Expenditures Log

We also sometimes get together to chat about things at chat.mibbit.com room #LoC.

Tips for New Gods

• make sure that what you make makes sense, not only to you, but also to others that will interact with you.

• make it fun! remember: You are a god! take it and run! Not only that, but also, you will be playing this god for some time. Make sure it is some thing that you are going to want to play just like any other character.

• don't get discouraged if some one messes with something you did. this is an interactive game where we are trying to build something. instead get creative!

• conflict is not only great, but makes for great rp! open hostility is not great though. We are all adults here (mostly) lets try to act like it. I highly encourage conflict, it makes for some fun times, I don't encourage actively arguing/flaming/singling some one out though. it brings down the whole game for everyone and makes for bad gaming.

• Build! Anything! Everything! Whatever! you get AP every week! use it! have fun with it! AP represents your power: the more you use it the stronger you become!

• As I said before: Get creative! this is a game where the sky is not only not the limit, but the stars, the moon(s), and everything you can think of including the sun can be messed with!

• Fluff has more power in this game than AP does and is free. The more of it the better the outcomes.

• Write lots! Write little. But just write. A god that doesn't write just sits there. Don't just sit there! You have a world to build!

• Interact with others. If no one is interacting with you, go interact with them. If they ignore you, then do something small. If they persist to ignore you then do some thing grand! You will get someone's attention!

Admins and Players

Admins:
ff6Shadow (head admin):  Marcus, God of Order.
Topheh : Agni, God of Fire.
Joran1313 :  Zebus, God of Death

Players:
JamespiesPruinus, Goddess of Cold
Pen_Draggin: Leaf, God of Life.
Crimson_VamprOnus, God of Stone.
TheForgottenCommandAzgo, God of Pestilence
Raven-of-Dreams: Sa, God of Flowers & Promises.
Aradeia: Yr, God of Good.
Thought: Tasoe, God of Evil
Aldii:  Thereus, God of Magma
Moondoggy: Urru, God of Light
Rimmon:  Altruis, God of Undeath
Krika: Karak, God of Corruption

Not yet Ascended:
Khan_the_DestroyerKuranath, God of Orcs, Tactics, & Courage.

Withdrawn:
LinYurenya: Anke Dui, God of Travel & Survival.
PinkPonyPrincess: Umbra, God of Darkness 
Reserved.
Why Hallooooo thaer! I'm hoping for many people to show up and join! Maybe after we can get some interest drumming we can get the IC up and get rolling along! I can't wait to see the many different concepts that come!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Name: Pruinus
Holy Symbol: Sharp, Snowy Mountaintop, contained in a ring of ice. Worshippers of Pruinus sometimes carve the symbol to wear around their neck.
Appearance:
Priuinus takes the form of a beautiful women whose body is entirely composed of ice. She appears as if she has been carved from ice perfectly, with not a single flaw or rough patch. Her hair appears to be that of a mortal Humans hair with light blonde-ish white colour, only frosty and encased in ice. her eyes emmanate soft blue pulsing light. Upon her shoulders are a set of beautiful angellic wings, these wings are made of pure white snow. It is said she creates mighty blizzards simply by flapping her wings. Despite her entire body being composed of ice, her movement, expressions and actions all appear to be those that a normal human could do.
farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2233846410_...
For those having trouble envisioning this, my god likes very simillar to ice sculpture in the link above, but with the addition of features such as more human air, glowing blue eyes and snow wings. The avatar I am using on the wiki is meant to represent her also. Shiva from the Final Fantasy Series is also another good indicator to her appearance.
Frozen Hair Example: fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/324/e/b/...

Greater Domain: Cold.

Moderate Domain: N/A
Lesser Domain: N/A (Arctic animals and spirits of cold may be added later)
(For what I envision my god doing, I thought it would be best to use a very general term for her domain, which is why i picked Cold but lesser domains could include Winter, Snow, Frost and Ice.)

Misc/Personality:
Pruinus believes that cold is naught but a sensation. If nothing exists to feel the cold, then its presence may as well not exist. As such, outside of her control of all things cold, Pruinus is very much pro-life and a benevolent god. She always believes the harshness of cold is a much needed challenge to living creatures. For if they endure the cold, they grow stronger. Some life may be lost, but what remains behind is toughen by the experience. The presence of frost and ice brings new creatures into the world, as well as purging the weak. As such, she creates cold areas of the world for these creatures to thrive in. As said before, she is a benevolent god and does not wish to see the world encased in ice, and appreciates that other areas of the world, such as foressts, savannahs and desserts all belong in the natural order of life. That said, she is fierce about her beliefs and is no push-over, she will fight for her cause and does not back down easily.

So Yeah, thats my god this time round. let me know if anything else needs explaining.
Looks good!  I like the idea of a benevolent cold goddess... rather different than the typical grumpy 'freeze-the-world-and-kill-all-that-is-warmblooded' sorts!

Only problem is... you have too many domains.   By my count, you have 7 AP points dedicated to domains (1 greater = 3 and 2 moderate = 4) when the starting limit is 3.  I'd say take cold and then grab the other two (which can probably just be lesser domains) soon after you start.

I'll get my god up shortly... juggling a few non-compatible ideas around in my head at the moment. 
Ah I didn't actually mean to START with all these, it was just a way of saying which domains I'd like to obtain later in the game.
I should have made that clear though, apologies there.

When it comes to elements, Ice is probably my favourote and I don't understand the whole "Ice is nasty" Stigma often attached to characters associated with the element. Probably just because people think they're being really subtle and clever by giving them personality traits such as "Cold-Hearted" and "Icy"

You sure about thse domains?
I can kinda agree with the cold spirits being quite specific but I was thinking that domain over All creatures that live in cold habitats would be a moderate domain because it still emcompasses quite a lot. To give me the amount of control you get with a minor domain to such a large populace might be a little unfair and I'd be willing to accept it as a moderate domain.
That said, If thats how you judge it then I'll go by your verdict.
Edit: Then again, the Wiki lists Animals as moderate, so If I limit myself to a smaller selection of animals then I guess It should count as minor.
Yeah, the lesser domains are... finiky, and really up to your own preference, as these things tend to be a rabbit hole of narrower and narrower scope.

Life ---> Animals --> Cold Animals --> Arctic Foxes --> Arctic Foxes of the hollow of Whitetop --> The Family of Bushytail of the Noble race of Arctic Foxes who live in the hollow of Whitetop  --> The personal deity of Timmy Bushytail, teenager Arctic Fox of Whitetop Glen Highschool.

These foxes got more intelligent as I went, it seems

But yeah.  I mean, you're welcome to make them moderate if you'd like, but I figured you'd want to save the AP for more interesting things!
Fair enough, moderate it is.
I'd probably be best to change "Creatures that live in arctic places" to something like "Creatures native to arctic places" although it would be fun to exploit that wording when THE EVIL FIRE ARMY OF DOOM marches upon my land, and upon setting foot on snow find themselves under my control and i order them to punch each other to death.
Thank you for that! James your god looks awesome! I cant wait to meet her! I'll have mine up here in a bit as I work on the concept.

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Name: Zebus
Greater Domain: Death (in regards to guiding and rebirth)
Physical Appearance:Sporting a round rice hat, and a kimono, Zebus has long white hair. A short man of human-like proportions, if found walking around he'd probably blend in near perfectly. A sharp chin, yet with soft features adorn his almost loveable face.
Show
think kyurako jirou from bleach only with silvery white hair instead
He loves to laugh, have fun, and enjoy himself. Slow to act when conflict arises, he is no slouch either. He is a very capable swordsman and his favored weapon is a katana sword. He is dedicated to the souls of the departed, believing that every one is important. 
Divine Symbol: A 5-point star in a pentagram with a skull overlay on top. Commonly made of wood, but can be made of any material.

I could have gone on with a much longer and better description, but then I'd have nothing for the game itself! Lets let the game see where I go with this and what I do! This should be fun!

Made an edit for a sblock so I can give a visual reference. Might help! xD

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Ack! How did I miss this!? I've only been online for the last two hours, so why didn't I stumble upon this sooner? No matter, sitting down to read the rules and devise a new absurdly beautiful god idea. Maybe I won't go for a PbP game, and just put my creative efforts into this instead...

EDIT: I will be playing, for sure, just realized I didn't mention that... 
I very much like the cocnept of your god Joran.
Reminds me of a psychopomp (Silly-sounding word I know) a greek legend said to guide souls to the afterlife, and that has always been one of my favourote fantasy tropes.
If I wasn't playing my current god I'd probably play something like that :D

EDIT: Briefly skimming the IC threads my guess is that the lore behind the universe,gods and the world is written by the admins in a short of "Each person adds something to the story" although given that each game has a title such as Chaos Within, its discussed beforehand.
I must admit, some of these threads it was quite hard for me to figure out the exact point when the stage stops being set and and actual play begins.

EDIT #2: Without a doubt, if we ever get to a stage of rising heroic individuals from our creations, Timmy Bushtail is getting an honourable mention.
Hmm, this seems interesting! I've no idea how this would play out, so I'll have to do some research into older versions of this game..

My first thoughts are a god of Travel, Surviving/Survival and Luck, but I'm assuming those are all moderate domains so I'll have to pick and choose first? Can I take two moderate and one lesser domain or is it strictly one each of greater, moderate and lesser, or three lesser?
Either way, I don't envision him taking a greater domain ever, or at least not in the near future.

His form will be a hare the size of a large dog, and he prefers to spend his time actually travelling the world rather than sit up on a high pedestal in the clouds looking down over his minions.

Show
[broken links]
b c g pb s y
Retired:
b d d j j k k k l l m m n w | b
Lin! Welcome in! When making your god, you start with 3 points to allocate to domains, and that is all they are good for. A greater domain is 3 points, a moderate is 2 points, and a lesser is 1 point. So you can have 1 greater to start, or 1 moderate and a lesser if you want, or 3 lesser domains. This is to prevent people from starting the game too powerful and to keep it even for all in the beginning. That's not to say that you cant pick up more though after you start. If you want to pick up more domains in game then by all means go ahead!

James: The name isn't always discussed beforehand.....lol there have been a few where the name wasn't decided till long after the game was over! The only part of "lore" that is done by the admins and not the players is the very first post of the IC thread. Its kinda like a hook to get people playing and to set a baseline so everyone knows here is the beginning. That first post is what sets the stage, and everything after it is the show!

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Would anyone object to my god lacking a physical body and instead, say... could temporarily inhabit the body of any lizard on the planet? Just theoretically, of course. What if I also made dragons a type of lizard? Would basically teleporting around the planet at-will cause issues?
Salmon: I'm new to this myself and there's a chance I'm very wrong, but I assumed inhabitating the bodies of mortal creatures and using them as an avatar was something pretty much all gods could do for A PP Cost.
But don't take my word for it.
@James:   It varied from game to game, really, but the answer usually was 'almost immediately'.  I'll speak to the ones that I know something about.

Shardworlds, Galara, AR:  Don't know, wasn't around when they started, but shardworlds was an offshoot of a prior LoC, and AR's name wasn't chosen until after the game ended.

Lightvoid:  Only the first post and who/what would be ascended in it was pre-planned.  Name was more or less meaningless.

Worldwarp:  Overall plan for the game was established before it started (two pocket universes, one vaguely Alison-in-Wonderland, one vaguely Cthulu-ish floating through the void and eventually colliding).  Beyond that, and a division of which Gods were going to which universe, nothing was pre-planned.

Gates of Eternity:  Like Lightvoid.  First post planned out in advance.  Name took on greater meaning as the game progressed.

Sheltering Dark:  This was the most extensive framing story, and lasted somewhere around 20 posts or so.

Balance of Powers:  Concept and initial creation of opposite divinities were planned.  Anubis attacking me right out of the gate... not planned.  Name wasn't chosen until after the game ended.

Chaos Within:  Joran has a starting post prepared to set the theme, and beyond that... we'll see where we end up!

And GOOD.  Timmy Bushytail deserves an epic quest.  He's got a personal God, after all

@Lin:  Welcome!   I like your domain ideas, but as Joran said, you'd need to pick a subset to start with (not that you couldn't expand to the others in your first week's worth of AP).  You could probably argue that 'survival' is a lesser domain if you want.

@Salmon:  Welcome back!  My gut is that there wouldn't be a problem with that, assuming you had some common-sense restrictions on it (no auto-winning fights by teleporting away, no omniscient knowledge of all things that all lizards see, etc).  I'll let other admins weigh in if they think otherwise.  Sounds like a cool concept!

Edit:  Actually, James brings up an important point, in that you'll have to figure out how to differentiate that from an Avatar.  I can think of a few ideas, so PM me if you want them.

Sheltering Dark was probably my favorurote to read and is the one I read the most of, mainly skim reading the intros to the others. (Although I wondered how they managed to obtain a pyla board and pieces in a mostly blank universe)

I assmumed that the game started when Altair pulled his mask off and the universe was created, I might have to read some more of that.
Pyla is actually a real game, just renamed and slightly changed in... flavor and scope.

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13762/siege-...
Hmmm.... not sure how this works but I'm tentatively interested .

Name: Kuranath
Greater Domains: NA
Moderate Domains: NA
Lesser Domains: Orcs, Courage, Tactics
Physical Appearance: Kuranath appears as a tall, heavily muscled man with green-gray skin and dark brown eyes. His hair is black and long, tied in a ponytail and he wears a long fur cloak over battle-worn leathers. His hands are bandaged, showing only the fingers, and he wields a great two-handed sword.
Divine Symbol: A mountain with a two-handed sword lying across it diagonally.

A god of the orcs, but in this case the orcs are brave defenders on the mountains protecting the realms from monsters on the other side. (Well, that's the idea anyways .)
Welcome aboard! I like your concept!

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

I'm liking a lot of the other gods I'm seeing here and believe there's quite a few I can potentially be friends/allies with.
One thing I'm a little disappointed is (To no-one's fault, I can't force you to play certain gods) that i've yet to see any god I see myself opposing or in conflict with. Then again, this could change in game as my god how I envision her cares a lot more about alignment and personality then domains. (She could easily ally herself with a god of heat or fire if they shared similar beliefs.)
Edit:  Veok, now you make Joran and I look silly by deleting your question :P 
message one of us admins, and we'll discuss it. For the most part the rules are final for this iteration, but we'll see.

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Name: Sa
Greater Domains: NA
Moderate Domains: NA
Lesser Domains: Flowers, Promises
Physical Appearance: Little: A whirling mass of petals and flower blossoms. These can either drift about in a lazy cyclone of air, or whirl tightly ano approximate the form of a more corporeal being. There is nothing stopping Sa from corporating more fully into the world, if he should so choose, but most of the time he chooses to remain slightly out of synch, and as such barely registers a physical presence.
Divine Symbol: None. Semi-officially, any flower (or otherwise blossoming plant)

Sa is a god of culture. He is easygoing, and usually quite amicable. He does not seek power or blind worship, and finds intriguing those who break norms, whatever those might be. He loathes exploitation of any sort, and prefers comfort and peace of mind. Rather than outright conquer or obvious proselytizing, Sa would prefer to alter events until the primacy and utility of his worldview seems a foregone conclusion. He is reactionary, and meticulous, not rash and impulsive. Sa places great pride on the value of spoken word, but true to his ephemeral nature, prefers the flexibility of promises to the strictness of oaths.
Name: Anke Dui
Holy Symbol: A hare leaping over a setting sun, with two long grass leaves held in its mouth
Appearance:
Anke Dui typically wears the shape of a hare the size of a large dog, with a white line of fur running from behind his ears to either side of his body, ending in a simple swirl pattern on the muscles of his hind legs. His eyes always radiate a calm, ancient wisdom to all mortal beings, and only other Gods will ever be able to spark a merciless burning anger in these windows to Anke Dui's mighty powerful soul.

The appearance he can don as well is that of a humanoid, so covered in cloth that it is impossible to mark it down to any humanoid race. With a wide hat, a walking stick, knapsack and thick leather shoes he is the epitomy of the travellers and nomads he so dearly protects and guides.

Greater Domain: N/A

Moderate Domain: Travel
Lesser Domain: Survival

Misc/Personality:
Anke Dui is a gentle God, neutral in almost all feuds and conflicts between the gods, despite the... problems he sometimes has with Zebus, whom he finds is sometimes overeager in guiding a soul from its body. While the world (or worlds) is yet young he delights in showing himself to the creations of the gods, guiding them through peril and across new landscapes. He has discovered a simple delight in bringing the creations of his peers to new locations, causing strife when a species were to remain in a set area equally often as bringing joy by spreading the creations to new lands where they can grow and prosper.

That's it so far, like Joran I'll wait and see how he'll evolve once in the game ^^. Also, hey Joran! Long time no see!

@Topheh: Thank you! I did take Survival as a lesser domain, as you can see. I kinda need it for the concept I have in mind for Anke Dui so I thought I'd take the chance you provided to stuff it in there
@James; heh, it would be...unusual to create a God of Travel, Survival and Fire... it certainly would make for an interesting combination!

Show
[broken links]
b c g pb s y
Retired:
I like it! ....wait are you saying I'm a little overeager Lin?

So, what? no gods of time and travel in little blue boxes? :P

show

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Haha shhhh! ^^

No, just saying a god of survival might have some troubles with the god of death

Show
[broken links]
b c g pb s y
Retired:
@Lin: I wasn't asking anybody to play a god of fire or anything for that matter, was just expressing that I hope someone plays a god I conflict with.

So, do we have any idea when the actual game is starting?
Also, do we get to have a say in what order the gods appear?
I think gods that are more fundamental to the laws of reality as we know it should appear first and just my opinion, even though that i joined early I just can't imagine a god of ice being one of the first gods to arrive in the universe. Somewhere around 5-6th god would be my preference, but I'll do whatever is convenient for the story and the majority of players.
Oh, you know I simply can't resist...

Name: Yr, Mother Moon and the Sister Suns
Holy Symbol: One large disk of opal or silver with seven smaller golden disks arranged around it.
Appearance: Her appearance varies depending on whom you might ask. To the elves she may be a beautiful maiden with her long silvery hair trailing into a pool in which seven golden koi are swimming. Or she may be a fierce dryad with branches for hair, where seven small sparrows roost if you ask the fey. Or to the giants she may be a female of their own race with her belly swollen with her seven young. The specifics of her appearance vary, but the 7 and 1 details remain always.
Major Domain: Belief/Faith
Moderate: NA
Lesser Domains: (To add later) Sun, Moon and Stars
Misc: I have what I think is a somewhat cool idea for the moon and sun for this world. Eventually I'd like to branch out domain-wise, but I'd like to focus on what I have ideas for at first. I actually have several ideas, and so what I think I'm going to do is leave the creation of the sun and moon and stars somewhat ambiguous, and then give a similar, but different in the exact details, myth to various races that worship her.

I'll beef this post up later. Sort of excited already!

EDIT: Changed around my domains a bit.

EDITEDIT: Committed to Faith/Belief (not sure which I'm going to use officially yet) and specified her appearance a bit.
Excellent!  More new people.

James, to answer your questions:

a)  Not sure.  Shadow has mysteriously vanished, and I don't particularly feel like starting without our head admin present.  That said, if he's not around by next weekend... we'll start.

b)  Sure.  Of course, it all depends on what Gods people feel like playing.  Ice and Fire seem like good starting opposites, for instance, so that would be a good set to start with, but thats obviously not the *only* possibility.

Ara.  Figured you'd show up eventually. :D 
I would be much more eager to start as an early god if I had a fire god to contrast me.
I didn't feel like Ice/Cold was fundamental enough for one of the first gods, but a god of fire would mean we are the opposite ends of Temparature, which is quite a fundamental aspect of nature.

Edit: On Second Thought (No disrespect here, nor am I slating anyone's concepts) a lot of the other current gods don't control Domains "fundamental" to existance.
I wouldn't consider Flowers/Promises, Travel/Survival and Orcs/Courage/Tactics central to existance, but thats just me. I was assuming that All starting gods would be something seen as a omnipotent forces such as death, life, justice ETC . But It's not my place to say when gods of certain domains arrive. If the first god to rise in this universe is the god of Candyfloss, so be it.
Then you're in luck.  I'm willing to change as necessary, I have several ideas.

Name:  Agni
Symbol:  A burning mask

Appearance:  
A large (10-20 feet tall, about half as wide) horned stone mask/skull with deep, carved lines which glitter with finely-carved runes inlaid with precious gems.  The glow of hot magma can be seen in its large, staring eyes, and hot magma regularly drips from an open, leering mouth. 

Greater Domains:
Fire
Moderate Domains: NA  (Eventually Language)
Lesser Domains: NA

Personality/Misc:  Not sure, but I know he'll be callous, among other things.
I wouldn't ask you to change to fit around my choices but out of curiosity, what are some of the other ideas?
I would be open to starting with another domain if I can still carry out my sun, moon and stars idea.

And then of course claiming them as domains in time. 
This sounds really interesting. Can I play? I had an idea, but maybe it is too similar to Raven's god? I'll give my idea, and maybe people can say if its too close, and how to make it unique?

Name: Leaf
Greater Domains: Life
Moderate Domains:
Lesser Domains:
Physical Appearance: Leaf takes his name after his appearance. Or maybe the other way around? Leaf is a small god that appears like a single deciduous leaf that has been stretched, bent, and impressed into a into a humanoid shape. The stem of the leaf forms a topknot for him. The veins of his leafy body cruve and cross in the pattern of plate armor. He carried a long spear called Thorn, or will once I can create it. I might also make a squirrel mount for him, later.
Divine Symbol: A leaf

Concept: A god of plants/life, and the indifferent "laws" of nature. However, Leaf does have a special spot in his heart for intelligent people: teaching them how to make boats (because leaves on water float, displaying the concept of bouyancy), build fires, etc. Or that's my plan, at least.

EDIT: Oh. I had the idea of having him challenge others often. Sort of like Sir Didymus, from the movie The Labyrinth. A brave god, but not the strongest or wisest to back that bravery up.
Well, actually, Fire is my first choice.

But the others were a god of language (which I still intend to do) who spoke out of a thousand mouths in a thousand languages (now that God will be an exarch of mine), a god of Water and a god of Chaos (as a challenge to me as I usually play very... 'order-y' gods.
Welcome!  I think we can find space for both of you.  Obviously with the current domains, the two of you will likely be interacting a lot... possibly related in some way, too.  When Raven returns, we'll see what he thinks.

@Pen: It's not my place to say but I think there is enough difference between you two to allow you co-exist.

@Topheh: I normally stick to Goody two shoes characters when roleplaying and I'm kinda doing the same thing here.
However, under the right conditions I'd allow my god to die and continue playing as a new god whose concept I have thought out who is a lot more villainous.