After 23 years it is over, but does anyone care anymore?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe
Dont worry, they'll make more books, One prequel has already been written, I'm sure therell be more, also, Anyone whos read the books has probably noticed that many of the excerpts from the begining and ending of the books are actually from the next age, so theres always room for a sequel! The Dragon Re-reborn!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
I don't care.  All it means is less hacky crap out there to be read.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

The Wheel of Time series is just a metaphorical drop in the bucket though, ZB.
And of course, all the fanzine type stuff.

My brother and one of my friends are all about the wheel of time. I liked it okay except for all the weaving the hair weave dance step orgy combinations required to make magic work. My friend DM'ed it to show how cool it was supposed to be. I played a fighter who, on adventure 1 was attacked by 50, yes 50 of those trolloc things and the sorcerer thingy that travels with them. I was supposed to be 'guarding the wagon'. I tried fighting them at the edge of a stream, thinking one at a time I might hold them off long enough for the folks on the wagon to escape. Didn't want to be a martyr on the first adventure, but I was thinking that's what was about to happen. Then the shadow thingy gets past me using hair-weave dance step slide to the left magic. So I go to fight the thing. You can imagine how that went. Then I tried getting the wagon to the top of the hill and outrunning them altogether. Nope... more shadowy hair-weave teleport. Then he died.

And they say I'm the harsh DM.
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Whew!  Man, I thought this was an article about Wheel of Fortune!  I am SO glad to be wrong.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Seriously you guys ought to read em, theyre excellent books, Im not much of a reader myself, but if they can keep me interested all this time, well thats saying something, ya know?

Hey anybody remember the D20 system they (WotC) put out for it a while back? It was actually pretty good, one of the things they added in was a defense score that went up as you gained levels, I always liked that, made more sense to me, I mean a 20th level fighter should be harder to hit than a first level one regardless about what kinda armor theyre wearing, ya know?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Hey anybody remember the D20 system they (WotC) put out for it a while back? It was actually pretty good, one of the things they added in was a defense score that went up as you gained levels, I always liked that, made more sense to me, I mean a 20th level fighter should be harder to hit than a first level one regardless about what kinda armor theyre wearing, ya know?

You played games where the level 20 fighter had the same AC that he had when he was level 1?

Steve again? 

You played games where the level 20 fighter had the same AC that he had when he was level 1?

Steve again? 

Steve was good for that too, He hardly ever gave out magic items, and if he did it was some intelligent weapon that always argued with you and get mad at you and then decide that its not going to help you in the next fight, ever gotten your ass kicked by your own sword!? 

But thats not really what I meant, lets say you have 2 naked fighters, both with the same Dex, they would both have the same AC even though one of them is level 20 and the other is level 1, I think the level 20 guy would have more expierence at dodging blows and whatnot, knowhatimena? Granted the level 20 guy has more Hitpoints, so he can take more hits, but still, I liked that defense score.
But thats not really what I meant, lets say you have 2 naked fighters, both with the same Dex, they would both have the same AC even though one of them is level 20 and the other is level 1, I think the level 20 guy would have more expierence at dodging blows and whatnot, knowhatimena? Granted the level 20 guy has more Hitpoints, so he can take more hits, but still, I liked that defense score.

Ummm... you sure you were playing D&D?

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Well im pretty sure that ive already talked about the ring of protection, so yeah, some of the games I was in got a little freaky.
Steve was in the closet, wasn't he? No wonder "Steve" is the default name for crappy people with whom to play D&D.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?

Steve again? 

Steve was good for that too, He hardly ever gave out magic items, and if he did it was some intelligent weapon that always argued with you and get mad at you and then decide that its not going to help you in the next fight, ever gotten your ass kicked by your own sword!? 

Depends on what are HPs. Some people see HP as mix of dodged hits, luck and physical resistance, not hits that can be withstand before your body collapse.

So the level 20 fighter dodges more than the level 1 fighter. 
Steve was in the closet, wasn't he? No wonder "Steve" is the default name for crappy people with whom to play D&D.

Well yeah, we played a couple times in the closet, but what does that have to do with anything.

I don't want to know what "D&D" stands for when you're playing in the closet!
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
[Section 2 Violations] and [Section 2 Violation]?
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Probably. The "PG-13" version would be "Darkness & Desperation".
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?

Well yeah, we played a couple times in the closet, but what does that have to do with anything.

Because you lose your dexterity bonus in confined quarters.

:p
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.

I don't want to know what "D&D" stands for when you're playing in the closet!

Not D & D.

D n D, as in Do not Disturb.

Too late. I'm disturbed.
Probably. The "PG-13" version would be "Darkness & Desperation".

Or *Ahem* and Oh, Myyy.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Ok so I picked the book up, major spoiler alert, the good guys win, now before anyone yells at me for ruining the ending (or making fun of me for buying the book in the first place), I havnt got to the ending yet, so how do I know? Very first page, its some excerpt from some fictional book entitled the Breaking of the World, author unknown, from the 4th age. And of course you all know that the books take place during the 3rd age, so if people are still around in the 4th age well then obviously they won, seems kinda stupid to me to put that on the very first page, not even sure if I want to bother reading it now.
It's alright, Silver. I've always known I didn't want to bother reading the book. And I didn't even have to waste money on it!
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
It's alright, Silver. I've always known I didn't want to bother reading the book. And I didn't even have to waste money on it!

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]