Dark tieflings

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
In writing a background for my character, I'm making out the image of my "back-up" character(for when my current retires, dies, or somehow ascends). The character in question is a tiefling star pact warlock, with bright white eyes and teeth, and royal blue hair.

My question is; can tieflings have dark, almost obsidian skin?

I'd settle for mahogany red, but I'm hoping obsidian black is possible(even if it is a rare discoloration or a freak occurance(there was another word I wanted, but couldn't think of it)).
Sure, why not? It doesn't change anything mechanically, so flavor to your hearts content.

Happy Gaming
Sure, why not? It doesn't change anything mechanically, so flavor to your hearts content.

Happy Gaming

This.

4E is very accomodating to the concept of refluffing, and it encourages DM's to do the same. In my games, Tieflings are highly variable in appearance (similar to the way they were presented in 2E and Planescape). Most have tails and horns, and any number of other devilish traits, as defined by the player.

"Their skin color covers the whole human range and also extends to reds, from a ruddy tan to a brick red."
I would would have exactly 0 problems with a coal-black skinned Tiefling. 
The only issue I would point out is that such a Tiefling could be mistaken for a Drow or Drow-demon hybrid...

Happy Gaming

This.

Your 'tiefling' can look like a golden-furred bunny if you want it to.
Anomale?

If you want to say he's born with magenta hair with a built-in fire-escape and a tattoo on his tentacle-mustache-thingy that reads "Go Borneo", go for it. I don't think it will disrupt game balance. After all, this is an imaginary creature with other-worldly ancestry.

Rock on!
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.