[Promo-ICD] February FNM Promo: Reliquary Tower

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
IMAGE(http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/537102_10151357049117402_1305213768_n.jpg)

I love the original as a foil, but this is pretty great. Stellar pick for February.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Must have!
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
It's beautiful.
great... now I have to win FNM... almost impossible with upwards 35 people in my pool =P
Damn, I'd like one but I can't FNM now I work.
Fix the image in the original post.
Very impressive art. The Evolving Wilds promo is also stunning. Will be nice to pick at least one of these up for EDH or the occasional 1-of in a standard deck.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
I can dig it.

3DH4LIF3

would make 2 color sure with 3 drops with 2 color symbols
and 3 colors easier
I've never played at FNM... standard competative scares me.

For this though. I think I might try and get out of my casual rut and try and win on of these.
I think FNM is fun. I was pretty intimidated the first time I played, and frankly, I lost really hard. I didn't know anything about how competitive Magic works, so I took my deck from AVR prerelease and made it a 60 card deck. I took notes on how people were beating me, slowly traded for the cards I needed over time, and now I regularly top 3. Had a playset of Pillar of Flames at one point. Hoping to do the same with Searing Spear, and I definitely want two of these bad boys. One for my monoblue EDH, one for my Standard Gruul Control (will be my second standard deck).
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I think FNM is fun. I was pretty intimidated the first time I played, and frankly, I lost really hard. I didn't know anything about how competitive Magic works, so I took my deck from AVR prerelease and made it a 60 card deck. I took notes on how people were beating me, slowly traded for the cards I needed over time, and now I regularly top 3. Had a playset of Pillar of Flames at one point. Hoping to do the same with Searing Spear, and I definitely want two of these bad boys. One for my monoblue EDH, one for my Standard Gruul Control (will be my second standard deck).

This is really off topic, so i'm sorry...but what are you playing in standard Gruul that makes this useful?  I'm hoping to get back into Standard when Gatecrash lets us play G/R aggro again, so i'm curious.  Grim Flowering?     

Edit:  this art is stunning by the way, just as awesome as the Evolving Wilds promo.  
Fog, Druid's Deliverance, Revive, Runechanter's Pike, Garruk, Primal Hunter's -3 draws about 13 cards on average in playtesting so I have a singleton Reliquary Tower so I won't have to discard down.
Want WANT WANT!

Reliquary Tower is probably the only card that actually does go in every single EDH deck I make.   Hmmm.....gimme.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Wow, nice pick.  WotC you brown nosers.
Now this is an "EDH expansion". Even if it's only one card that's already been printed.

I like the art, though.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I'll get one.
I'm so glad my lgs store owner is a boss