[nmr] - Playful Malice

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Playful Malice
Sorcery U
If a player would name a card you may reveal Playful Malice from your hand. If you do, that player names Playful Malice instead.
Target player loses 3 life and you gain 3 life
It's cool. I made some M'Nool cards like this. A little Devil that forces you to name him. That sort of thing. This probably is better, because it has a practical application.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Seems a little strong as a life swing compared to Blood Tithe (yes, I know Lightning Helix exists). Since it looks to me like the main point of the card is the first ability rather than the second, I would price it at so you don't get silly B/x aggro decks in limited.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Yeah I was inspired by you Pablo to create a hate card for all my guessing and naming cards.
Agree with CKY but really like it, though wonder if it works? Would it have to happen in the middle of something else resolving? Maybe 'the chosen name is changed to ~'?
Agree with CKY but really like it, though wonder if it works? Would it have to happen in the middle of something else resolving? Maybe 'the chosen name is changed to ~'?

Replacement effects can function in the middle of resolution.

Changing the chosen name after the effect resolves would be fine in some cases (like Pithing Needle) But in others (like Cabal Therapy) it would be useless.
You should up the cost and give it madness, just to rub it in your opponents' face a bit more.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Why doesn't it work with cabal therapy?

@morg: good idea, I moved madness to the second set though, so I dunno. Imay get rid of it period.
Why doesn't it work with cabal therapy?

The replacement effect on it at the moment does work.

A triggered ability that replaced the chosen name after the resolution of the effect would do nothing, because by the time the ability was even on the stack Cabal Therapy would have finished resolving, and the discards would be done.
Is there a way to reword the card, or change the rules without blowing up the game?