Ravnica as seen today

47 posts / 0 new
Last post

Rakdos- extremist and Terrorists

No, Rakdos is Anonymous. They did it for the lulz.

That's just an expression.
Anonymous is about the preservation and spread of the truth.  

Still, "for the lulz" summarizes Anonymous.

Gruul is indigenous rights groups, as I mentioned. Even though we could very well be monored or red/white. Green is what certain individuals, a very vocal majority, think we are.

Depends on the aspect of .

If it's nature, then no. If it's spirituality or traditions, then maybe. If it's community, then yes.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)

Gruul is indigenous rights groups, as I mentioned. Even though we could very well be monored or red/white. Green is what certain individuals, a very vocal majority, think we are.

Depends on the aspect of .

If it's nature, then no.

I disagree.
The Gruul are into nature by way of that they're anti-civilization.
They believe when a society gets to a certain scale, you lose track of the little things, the individual.   

They seem just as offended by the perversion of the human (or whatever) spirit as they do of the landscape
Oh yeah, and I DID read 1984, it was a great book.  For a few weeks, I made connections between it and everything.  Then I got over that phase.  You probably will too soon enough.

Well that was incredibly passive aggressive of you. Also, read the book more than once and you'll see it. You gain nothing from reading something once or twice.

If you think the party is the same sadism that is inherent to our species you just don't get just how cruel they are. They are indeed about progress. Just not the type you're thinking of. It's downward progress toward the continuation of their power.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”
“If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.”
 “But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.”
“If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable - what then?”

All incredibly Dimir thoughts. All said by O'Brien. And Dimir does not represent the entire party. Only ther higher ups within it (and not even completely. Guilds existing in layers and whatnot).

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Guilds existing in layers and whatnot

Trademark
Oh yeah, and I DID read 1984, it was a great book.  For a few weeks, I made connections between it and everything.  Then I got over that phase.  You probably will too soon enough.

Well that was incredibly passive aggressive of you. Also, read the book more than once and you'll see it. You gain nothing from reading something once or twice.

If you think the party is the same sadism that is inherent to our species you just don't get just how cruel they are. They are indeed about progress. Just not the type you're thinking of. It's downward progress toward the continuation of their power.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”
“If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable - what then?”

All incredibly Dimir thoughts. All said by O'Brien. And Dimir does not represent the entire party. Only ther higher ups within it (and not even completely. Guilds existing in layers and whatnot).

I don't think you fully understand the meaning of "passive aggressive", because it means a thing, and I was doing a thing, except it wasn't the same thing, so what you just said makes a complete lack of sense.  And I'm sorry I cannot understand the deep and complex meanings of the book that only you seem able to grasp.  Maybe I should lock my room and reread the book 20 times, so that I could understand the truth which only you seem to possess.  I mean, if I read the book as much as you did, I could probably understand it even better than Orwell.  But hey, even then my opinions probably couldn't be anywhere near as valid as yours.

As for the quotes, those illustrate some means which the Dimir use to achieve their ends, but they really don't have the same ends.  If anything, I'd say the party is more like the Orzhov:  a large number of faithful at the bottom, with the ghost council (inner party) at the top exercising control over them.  The Dimir couldn't care less about the masses or having people in pain or the blind obedience (which is the name of a spoiled Orzhov card by the way) of their peons or "progress", they just want to win the big chess game. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl

I don't think you fully understand the meaning of "passive aggressive", because it means a thing, and I was doing a thing, except it wasn't the same thing, so what you just said makes a complete lack of sense.  And I'm sorry I cannot understand the deep and complex meanings of the book that only you seem able to grasp.  Maybe I should lock my room and reread the book 20 times, so that I could understand the truth which only you seem to possess.  I mean, if I read the book as much as you did, I could probably understand it even better than Orwell.  But hey, even then my opinions probably couldn't be anywhere near as valid as yours.

As for the quotes, those illustrate some means which the Dimir use to achieve their ends, but they really don't have the same ends.  If anything, I'd say the party is more like the Orzhov:  a large number of faithful at the bottom, with the ghost council (inner party) at the top exercising control over them.  The Dimir couldn't care less about the masses or having people in pain or the blind obedience (which is the name of a spoiled Orzhov card by the way) of their peons or "progress", they just want to win the big chess game. 

Did I insult you personally in some way? You're being quite an ass about this.

While there may be some similarities between The Party and the Orzhov they are minimal. The Party has absolutely no concern for anything besides power. There is no self-delusion that the world is better with them in charge as with the Orzhov. The biggest problem with the Dimir-Party comparison is that we do not have the true motives spelled out for us. We only know they wish to control Ravnica at all costs (Power for the sake of power). Now of course there could be different deeper motives (that nasty 'guilds in layers business'). It is definitely NOT a far leap in assuming that 2 systems both having similar goals and incredibly similar means are in fact similar.

You said you said you used to compare The Party and everything when you first read the book. Well there are very few things that are an adequate comparison to The Party beyond just surface similarities. I believe The Dimir have such things, and they are not very subtle.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Sign In to post comments