OmniChimes

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here's a deck I would like to take to FNM tomorrow night.  Anyone have some suggestions for it?

The plan is to get out Omni and then drop a sphinx and draw free cards by free flares and amasses and discarding extra cards to the sphinx and draw out with a maniac in play.  How's it look?
It looks like it wouldn't work sadly. Have you practiced with it yet?
I've goldfished it so far.  I pretty much always draw out once I've got Omni.  Turn 7 average (gilded lotuses turns 5 and 6 have not been uncommon) is what I'm looking at.

So far what I've liked is that once I have Omni out it's hard to disrupt. I cats Omni, cast sphinx for free, then go to town on drawing.  I play maniac right before going for the win, then if they try to kill it I can draw out in response or protect it with faith's shield.

I know it's not going to top8 anywhere, but does it look FNM quality?  I think adding green for ramp might be pushing it, but it's currently the only idea I have.  I also have a singleton sphinx's revelation I may put in.
Green for Ramp seems plausible. Actually BUG with a splash seems like it may work, especially if you can find a way to incorporate Veilborn Ghouls. Then you can chain Farseeks, Ranger's Path, and the new Urban Evolution. Should be a little more consistent at getting Omni out quicker and getting to 0 cards.

Any instant removal has the chance at wrecking you though. 

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Green for Ramp seems plausible. Actually BUG with a splash seems like it may work, especially if you can find a way to incorporate Veilborn Ghouls. Then you can chain Farseeks, Ranger's Path, and the new Urban Evolution. Should be a little more consistent at getting Omni out quicker and getting to 0 cards.

Any instant removal has the chance at wrecking you though. 

Well, post GTC that may be nice, but right now I feel like I need to white the most. The control aspect of using feeling of dread turn 2, possible flashback turn 3, verdict turn4, and then lotus, lotus, omni is what I think currently works.  Plus faith's shield will even stop from destroying omni too (I think I'd only have ranger's guile in green, which only protects maniac)

Maybe I'll throw a bant version together soon and try it out though... I think I'll do some research into what BUG might provide though
Sign In to post comments