[GTC-ICD] Miming Slime

37 posts / 0 new
Last post

Miming Slime  

Sorcery (U)

Put an X/X green Ooze creature token onto the battlefield, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control

EDIT: Image & rarity added.

Source: Maro's twitter
Yes! More Ooze love! Bring on the Ooze lord in Dragon's Maze. Spawn of Kraj! Laughing
Rules Advisor
Sublime Archangel is somewhere right now grinning about the ooze and facepalming over the name.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Aww, I thought this was gonna be a clone variant (bit of a stretch in mono green) so that limited Biovisionary could happen.
Rhymes?
Of course they gave Maro this preview.
Updated OP with image, art is cool but I think it would have better suited a clone effect, maybe they just didn't want so many clones in the same limited format so changed it...
This doesn't seem very good

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

limited fun-ness

other than that... lol. 

Better than Slime Molding in a number of situtations.
Awesome, I love it!
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Just waiting for a straight-up Ooze lord at this point.
I really wasn't expecting more ooze shenanigans. I'm okay with it, even if it sucks. Now we just need more rats.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
All Oozes/Slimes should have either a regeneration ability or a division ability upon death.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).

When Terastodon was spoiled, I was really hoping for a legendary Elephant lord

Not gonna happen here, but you know the Golgari female in Slime Molding? Man, I would love to see her carded as a legendary slime lord with some sort of interesting ability.

Blue for... ah, she was experimented on by the Simic or something. Not so you can play the ooze-y blue cards in a potential EDH deck with her.

>.>

<.<

>.>
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
It will work in Populate decks. Trigger Evolve to some extent.

For 3 mana, it's good to get a Fatty Vanilla Creature. Also if you happen to have Giant Growth or +3/+3 Aura on a 2/2. Then you get a 5/5 token.

So temporary P/T boosts followed by this for a big token.

Hatred on a 5/X pay 10 life to make it 15/X. Then Slime clone the creature to get a 15/15 token.
The only issue I have with these slime cards is that there really isn't any harm in allowing them to produce tokens at instant speed considering that they aren't producing a crazy number of them.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
The only issue I have with these slime cards is that there really isn't any harm in allowing them to produce tokens at instant speed considering that they aren't producing a crazy number of them.

I suspect that's at least partially because of NWO, producing them at instant speed with Evolve creatures out increases combat math complexity.
Aww, I thought this was gonna be a clone variant (bit of a stretch in mono green) so that limited Biovisionary could happen.

just use stolen identity

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
It's nice.  Simic seems all about midrange and synergy, which I like.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

seems cool.
Very nice. I can't wait to go Gruul at the prerelease. This is amazing in limited.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

We need an ooze lord

ooze alpha -
Creature - Ooze
As ~ enters the battlefield you may exile any number of ooze creatures you control. ~ enters the battlefield with power and toughess equal to X plus the total power of creatures exiled this way.
Ooze creatures you control have trample.
Whenever an ooze creature you control with power 3 or more dies, you may put two green ooze creature tokens onto the battlefield with power and toughness each equal to half the toughness of the creature that died, rounded up.
*/*
Ooze Your Daddy

Legendary Creature - Ooze Lord

Ooze creatures you control have banding
and get +1/+1 for each other Ooze creature
you control.

1/1 
This cards going to be a lot of fun.
This seems like it has potential... I think.
I love this card. Such a great card for limited, especially since it can copy a pretty large evolve creature. If you managed to copy a Crab Shark, you're also going to have something with higher toughness, which evolves the Shark again. Also, this will be a great card to have around once we draft Dragon's Maze, Gatecrash, RTR, since you can start populating it like crazy.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
Ooze Your Daddy

Legendary Creature - Ooze Lord

Ooze creatures you control have banding
and get +1/+1 for each other Ooze creature
you control.

1/1 

You Snooze, You Looze      
Sorcery
Tap all creatures target player controls.  Those creatures don't untap during that player's next untap step.  Put an X/X green ooze creature token into play, where X is the number of creatures tapped this way. 

I was also going to make a card about an Illoozion but I'm tired. 

When Terastodon was spoiled, I was really hoping for a legendary Elephant lord

Not gonna happen here, but you know the Golgari female in Slime Molding? Man, I would love to see her carded as a legendary slime lord with some sort of interesting ability.

Blue for... ah, she was experimented on by the Simic or something. Not so you can play the ooze-y blue cards in a potential EDH deck with her.

>.>

<.<

>.>

ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if they did wedge cards in the next set. Like, seems like the thing to do now.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
Wow, another cool toy for us Simic mages.   This set just oozes flavor and fun.
Seems like limited only.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Over the course of my MtG playing I have developed a general distaste for any creature that doesn't impact an empty board state.

With that said, I don't really dislike this card. I see the need for it as it will work great in limited and seems like a good inclusion in gatecrash for when populate and this card can be played side by side.
Don't be too smart to have fun
YAY, more ooze! I really like the card though the name is a tad misleading. I was expecting some kind of clone creature.
I really love the name. Brings a smile to my face whenever I say it. XD

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I really love the name. Brings a smile to my face whenever I say it. XD

Meta-ness notwithstanding, this is going straight in seveeral EDH decks.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
mimic slime...

does not mimic 

is not a slime  

=O 
Is this the green version of Heat Shimmer?

3DH4LIF3

Sign In to post comments