DC: Vexing Sphinx

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Vexing Sphinx

I like this card.  Of course I'm also one of the few people who will admit to really liking Coldsnap.

This card is legit though.  A 4/4 flyer for 3 is nice.  And it's drawback can be used to your advantage with reanimation or madness.  

Thumbs up

Discuss! 
Wow that's actually quite good, his drawback is basically just a delayed looting, which in the mean time gives you a well under curve beater.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Seems like the kinda card you could make work with the right other cards. 
I started playing in Coldsnap, so I'm very fond of it. This guy is pretty great in my opinion.
I can't help but think

on one turn, this
on the next, discard a card, proliferate repeatedly, use Gilder Bairn

I accidentally this card.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I can't help but think

on one turn, this
on the next, discard a card, proliferate repeatedly, use Gilder Bairn

I accidentally this card.

Then he gets Unsummoned QQ. Altho still a cool combo just sucks if he gets bounced or removed.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
Play Mind Unbound with it.  You could keep him as long as you wanted, then skip paying his upkeep to draw a bunch of cards.  It negates the low casting cost of the sphinx though.
Play Mind Unbound with it.  You could keep him as long as you wanted, then skip paying his upkeep to draw a bunch of cards.  It negates the low casting cost of the sphinx though.

Also Mind Unbound also kinda removes the point seeing as it does the job better then the sphinx lol just play Mind Unbound and you don't have to loose any cards lol.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Also Mind Unbound also kinda removes the point seeing as it does the job better then the sphinx lol just play Mind Unbound and you don't have to loose any cards lol.

They aren't really comparable. One is a 3 mana above the curve flying beater, one is a 6 mana enchantment, and their abilities are directly opposite.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

They aren't really comparable. One is a 3 mana above the curve flying beater, one is a 6 mana enchantment, and their abilities are directly opposite.

Exactly one has less draw backs cant be killed with creature removal or damage, doen't directly make you discard and can be cheated in with rector. Now I didn't say it was cheaper my comment was in response to the person saying you could use it to compliment the flyer. Which would cost you 9cc I simply said just playing the Mind Unbound was better then using it in combo with the bird.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
This isn't a combo, just support for your beater and is uncomparable. This is the same as saying Spined Wurm / Wildsize is a combo
I never said it was a combo I said "when using it in combo with the bird" as in combination with the bird. I understand that magic the gathering terms and the actually English language some how do exactly see eye to eye. However I was not referring to the two as "the mtg population" see as a "combo", but rather the two of them together. Also restating what I originally said is that just playing mind unbound would be better then playing both. Sure if you have both in play it isn't bad as I guess you could throw the cards away to keep the tiny 4/4 flyer over playing say I dunno a trickling HUGE hand size. As for casual play tho more power to ya I guess. I just don't see a point in playing both because his point is you can use the the enchantment to cover the upkeep cost. However for that to work you would have to assume that the enchantment was already in play you that you are playing both in the same turn. Otherwise if the bird was already in play before the enchantment it will be constantly behind the enchantment and you will still be loosing card advantage. In the end yes I agree that in a temp deck the bird is better then the enchantment. You are just not understanding my argument. Either way tho both of these aforementioned cards are defiantly for casual play. Where the bird "could" possibly see legacy play the card disadvantage set back is to detrimental to even be thought of and something as simple as a swords to plowshares or snap/echoing truth totally hoses the gains of the card. 
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Sign In to post comments