Suggestions for MTGO

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

The following features should be added:

1. A test draw feature. This is particularly useful for fine tuning deck building features. Many third-party sites include a test draw engine.

2. The ability to join a game and THEN slowly choose your deck. Right now, the process requires an almost snap judgment. Much better to join the game and then choose the deck rather than choose a deck to join a game.

3. Player history notes tracking players. It would be helpful if I could “tag” my matches with a note about the player so that I have their deck history. When I join a match with that player, the first thing that would appear is their player history note. Right now, I feel blind sided by the myriad of single player matchmaking system in which my ability to remember who I played against and what they were running in a sea of anonymous gaming. If as I suggested, you could join a match, the player history came up with a personalized note (Plays Delver), then I could choose the appropriate deck to play against the player (assuming they played Delver again). This would reduce the netdecking and deck monotany a lot.

4. The Momir Vig Avatar should be included in the core set of the game purchase. Many game companies allow mods to their games and even distribute such mods for free (Black Mesa on Steam for example).

5. On a somewhat related note, the overall pricing schemes tend to deter players from exploring additional products, such as Planeschase. My understanding was that a form of Planeschase was included for free in the most recent version of DOTP 2013 which was selling for only $4.99 on Steam during the Steam sale. I'm tired of having to try to cobble together duplicative collections across a wide variety of products. MTGO should be a one-stop solution for Magic players.  I also feel that developing multiple titles that try to do the same thing means each individual project gets short-changed.

6. A way to practice draft for free. I feel more players might be interested in drafting if they could practice drafts to get comfortable drafting. Currently, the only option for players to test draft for free are third party tools.

____ You won't always win playing Pestilence, but you'll always have fun. ____ 13 is the new 6. ____
1) Is already in the beta
2) Is significantly improved in the beta. You choose the deck before you even try to join.
3) Good idea I hope its added eventually. You can use your buddy list as an interim method though.
4) Its been suggested before but wotc seems happy with it as a $10 purchace from the store. Which is still cheeper than most other formats.
5) There are all sorts of arguments about pricing, but wotc seems happy with it how it is. The general sollution is stick to just one medium.
6) The actuall draft bit can be done as a weekly activity on the main wotc site. As for drafting for free, why would wotc do it when so many people are willing to pay?

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?

6) The actuall draft bit can be done as a weekly activity on the main wotc site. As for drafting for free, why would wotc do it when so many people are willing to pay?

To hook new players? As a phantom, two tickets to enter, no prizes? But yes, there are more than enough people playing the current offerings that no extra promotion is needed for drafts.

Go draft, young man, go draft!

The following features should be added:

1. A test draw feature. This is particularly useful for fine tuning deck building features. Many third-party sites include a test draw engine.

2. The ability to join a game and THEN slowly choose your deck. Right now, the process requires an almost snap judgment. Much better to join the game and then choose the deck rather than choose a deck to join a game.

3. Player history notes tracking players. It would be helpful if I could “tag” my matches with a note about the player so that I have their deck history. When I join a match with that player, the first thing that would appear is their player history note. Right now, I feel blind sided by the myriad of single player matchmaking system in which my ability to remember who I played against and what they were running in a sea of anonymous gaming. If as I suggested, you could join a match, the player history came up with a personalized note (Plays Delver), then I could choose the appropriate deck to play against the player (assuming they played Delver again). This would reduce the netdecking and deck monotany a lot.

4. The Momir Vig Avatar should be included in the core set of the game purchase. Many game companies allow mods to their games and even distribute such mods for free (Black Mesa on Steam for example).

5. On a somewhat related note, the overall pricing schemes tend to deter players from exploring additional products, such as Planeschase. My understanding was that a form of Planeschase was included for free in the most recent version of DOTP 2013 which was selling for only $4.99 on Steam during the Steam sale. I'm tired of having to try to cobble together duplicative collections across a wide variety of products. MTGO should be a one-stop solution for Magic players.  I also feel that developing multiple titles that try to do the same thing means each individual project gets short-changed.

6. A way to practice draft for free. I feel more players might be interested in drafting if they could practice drafts to get comfortable drafting. Currently, the only option for players to test draft for free are third party tools.

Timotheos did a good job of answering these, but maybe I can add a little as well. When it comes to feature requests, they should be directed towards the Wide Beta which is bound to recieve the most attention right now (the index for the Wide Beta feedback threads is here). It will replace the current client before long, so the MTGO team is working hard to take as much feedback into consideration as possible. If you haven't tried the Wide Beta, give it a shot. You can have it installed simultaneously with the current client. 

1. This is a feature in the beta. You can test draw in the deck "Options" when building/editing in the Collections tab.
2. As Timotheos said, deck selection is improved in the beta.
3. This is a good idea, and I've seen others suggest it in the past. The feedback has been passed on to the MTGO team.
4. I'll admit, I don't follow. Momir is a format and not a mod, granted it does change a lot of things about the game like some mods do for other games. Momir should be viewed the same way as Planechase when it comes to playing different game types in MTGO.
5. Planechase is featured in Duels 2013 as part of the game. Though I wouldn't say it was "included for free" since Duels 2013 isn't a free game and Planechase isn't a feature that was added on - it's part of the original game just like multiplayer or 2HG is part of the game. I can understand your confusion when it comes to price points between different products, but remember that Duels is a contained play experience. In Duels you don't own, trade, or gain new cards like you do in paper Magic or MTGO; you just unlock them by defeating the AI or by playing against other players online. In that way, more parellels can be drawn between MTGO and paper Magic than between MTGO and Duels.
6.  The draft simulator that timotheos mentioned can be found HERE. There are also New Player Tickets included with every new account that are meant to be used as practice in Phantom events.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

WotC have already demonstrated that they will not tolerate players being able to have a draft-like experience for free when they shut down magicdraftsim.com last year. There's no chance they would put that into MTGO.

Here's one that I believe would get WotC a ton of more denero:

A slow/split up deft tournament system where you can break up rounds and queu back in at a later date. Would be a bit weird since you would play with other people who weren't drafting from the initial card pool but for people who don't have a solid 3 hour chunk to spend on mtgo it would be amazing. I love magic but I hate playing for extended amounts of time and would play everyday if I could play competitively for an hour and get back to work. I could do a draft, build a deck and then log out and then queu back in the next day for round one with another player queuing in for the 1st round. I would have easily dropped a few thousand over the last year into mtgo if this was available to me. 

Just a thought. I'm self employed so I have a bit of a different lifestyle. 

Thanks

I like the previous idea, if the nightmare of game matching cold be resolved.  Aside from the draft aspect, what you want is Leagues.   Hmmm, League/draft hybrid?  How sexy is that?

Otherwise, 1, 2, 3, Don't care.  4, sure,if I get compensated for the Momir's I bought.  5, Don't care.  6, Prolly not happen.

Dont' get me wrong, I've got no problems with WotC doing 1, 2, 3, or5.  They just are not features I'm interested in.

Thank you, Erik.

Guest55378779 wrote:

Here's one that I believe would get WotC a ton of more denero:

A slow/split up deft tournament system where you can break up rounds and queu back in at a later date. 

This has already been announced as an upcoming feature.

Zlehtnoba wrote:

To hook new players? As a phantom, two tickets to enter, no prizes? But yes, there are more than enough people playing the current offerings that no extra promotion is needed for drafts.

This already exists. When a new player creates an account, they get 20 new player points. One new player point and one real ticket lets you join a new player phantom draft or sealed event, 2 rounds, one pack of core set to the player that goes 2-0.

Hi Wizards,

is there a possibility that the Spoils Mulligan for Commander will be implemented ?

Also i wanted to ask if it would be possible to add the 1v1 commander rules from http://duelcommander.com

as a format to MTGO!

I apologize if any of that was requested any time in the past and/or is already in development!

Greetings

Enkyu

Is any Dev or whatever watching this at all?

I have to wonder about this forum since there close to no activity if you think about the huge numbers of Magic players out there.

An answer would be cool!

The MTGO team does check the forums regularly, even if we don't comment on all the threads.  Changes to the Commander mulligan or 2-player Commander are not currently in the works, though the suggestion has been noted.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the answer, im new to this forum and apologize for the impatience.

The Spoils Mulligan would be a huge difference to the normal mulligan.

And it would be nice if that could be implemented.

I dont know about how popular 1v1 commander is on MTGO but the rules of normal commander are a bit harsh for 1v1.

Getting your Commander shuffled into your library in 1v1 makes so many decks unplayeable.

I think at least some people would appreciate the new format and mulligan.

Greetings

enkyu