New EDH gold...well, it may see play

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well, at least it will probably see a decent amount of play.

It's from the new set Gatecrash

Glaring Spotlight 1
Artifact Rare
Creatures your opponents control with hexproof can be the target of spells and abilities you control as if they didn't have hexproof.
3, sacrifice Glaring spotlight: creatures you control gain hexproof until end of turn and are unblockable this turn.  

EDIT: 

More: gatecrash, and all sets seem to be coming out with more and more stuff that work well in the format.

Thespian Stage Land Rare
Tap: Add 1 colorless
2 tap: thespian stage becomes a copy of target land and gains this ability    

Luminate Primordial 5WW
Creature-Avatar Rare 4/7
Vigilance
When Luminate Primordial enters the battlefield, for each opponent, exile up to one target creature that player controls and that playear cains life equal to its power. 

LOL, I  can't update this anymore, there are too many. Its like every utility card / spell we know is now being put in large creature form with enter the battlefield triggers.   

None of those are gold cards. Two don't even have a color!

But I like a lot of cards. I built teysa in expectation of this set. I'm digging the new Sweeper. The simic Unexpected results. The new vesuva (though it makes me wonder if it was the reason the bounce lands weren't reprinted). The primordials are cute, will stick them into something.

3DH4LIF3

None of those are gold cards. Two don't even have a color!

But I like a lot of cards. I built teysa in expectation of this set. I'm digging the new Sweeper. The simic Unexpected results. The new vesuva (though it makes me wonder if it was the reason the bounce lands weren't reprinted). The primordials are cute, will stick them into something.

Yea, the card I'm hoping to pull a couple of are the Illusionist's Bracers. My Rhys the Redeemed, Wort (for Kiki-Jiki, Krenko, Goblin Sharpshooter, Seige-Gang Commander) and Brion Stoutarm (Throwing Serra Avatar or Malignus twice = lulz) decks all want one.

That land will be pretty nice with Cabal Coffers as well.

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

I like the glaring spotlight.  It's one of the few cards I would like to play.  Merciless Eviction, I admit, I will probably not play.

Undercity Informer, the mill for land cards, will go straight in to Savra, no question.  I may even put together a deck with him, Damia and Havengul Lich for complete lulz. 

I despise the primordials.  I have said this much in one of their threads.  Stupid, uninspired, overpowered ETB effects.  They lack style.  BAH. 
None of those are gold cards. Two don't even have a color! But I like a lot of cards. I built teysa in expectation of this set. I'm digging the new Sweeper. The simic Unexpected results. The new vesuva (though it makes me wonder if it was the reason the bounce lands weren't reprinted). The primordials are cute, will stick them into something.

i didn't mean literally gold cards, i meant like gold playability! 

Gatecrash has spoiled alot of good cards for EDH.  The Primordials are pretty silly, but I guarantee you they'll be turning up in decks everywhere.  I like Glaring Spotlight, but I don't expect it to see alot of play in this format, unless there are alot less hexproof creatures in my meta than in most. 
Well, they finally spoiled the most bonkers primordial:  Green, of fcourse.  Ramp, Primus etb and Reach.  GFG.

As well, Glaring spotlight is another reason why Lightning Greaves will always be better than Swift Foots. 
Sylvan primetime is pretty good. I like it way better than terastodon.

3DH4LIF3

This set may have more EDH fodder than Avacyn Restored: the Primordial cycle, Thespian's Stage, Illusionist's Bracers, the second round of guild leaders, that new WB board wipe etc.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I think its will be the new trend until another format takes this over. I can't really think of another format ever where cards in the game are almost made to it. Got 2 booster boxes ordered...maybe it'll be interesting to get a 3rd Money Mouth
Sylvan primetime is pretty good. I like it way better than terastodon.

indeed.