Old time planeswalker

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well I made this Urza a while ago:

Urza Planeswalker 

Planeswalker - Urza (Loyalty:4)

+2: Put a +1/+1 counter on all artifact creatures you control. Put a charge counter on all non-creature artifacts you control.
-3: Remove all counters from all other permanents. For each counter removed this way, put a loyalty counter on Urza Planeswalker.
-15: Exile all other permanents. For each black permanent exiled this way, its controller loses 3 life.

Now, why don't we create a card for the other planeswalkers that appear in the storyline? Like this un-innovative design:

Jaya Ballard, Master of Fire                

Planeswalker - Jaya (Loyalty:2)

+2: Destroy target blue permanent.
+1: Jaya Ballard, Master of Fire deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage this way can't be regenerated this turn.
-7: Jaya Ballard deals 6 damage to each creature and each player.

Or this:

Freyalise in Skyshroud              

Planeswalker - Freyalise (Loyalty:4)

+1: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
-1: Target creature gets +3/+3 and gains trample until end of turn.
-8: You get an emblem with "Permanents you don't control don't untap during their controllers' untap steps.

Jaya's +2 is a little swingy. It's either Vindicate for everything but lands, Eldrazi, and most artifacts, or it's worthless.

Urza's -15 is...do color hosers regularly show up on planeswalkers? Also, it's kind of a bad one. (And why is blue hosing black?) Finally, I expect more Phyrexian-like mechanics for Urza. He admitted to his admiration for Yawgmoth, after all. And the Extruder flavor text.

Freyalise's +2 is...I'm not sure "fetch a basic land" is a + ability. And her -8 is the spell she ended.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Jaya's +2 is a little swingy. It's either Vindicate for everything but lands, Eldrazi, and most artifacts, or it's worthless.

Urza's -15 is...do color hosers regularly show up on planeswalkers? Also, it's kind of a bad one. (And why is blue hosing black?) Finally, I expect more Phyrexian-like mechanics for Urza. He admitted to his admiration for Yawgmoth, after all. And the Extruder flavor text.

Freyalise's +2 is...I'm not sure "fetch a basic land" is a + ability. And her -8 is the spell she ended.

I designed Jaya to be the exact counterpart to her spellshaper version, and I know the +2 is kind of narrow. That's why I designed the +1 ability to be overly powerful... I made a a mistake in my original post, the 2nd ability should be +1 instead of -1. +1 and deal 3 damage surely is overpowered, but as a whole Jaya would seldom survive the 2nd turn after she ETB so that would just be a 3 mana Incinerate.

Urza's ultimate reflects his hatred to Pherexia but at the same time I understand it's not possible to put a narrow color hoser as an ultimate. That's why I designed his ultimate to be useful in general but particularly deadly for black.

Freyalise costs 5 mana to cast, so she should be kick-ass even on the first turn she ETB, or she is completely useless (who would fetch a basic land for 5 mana AND -1 loyalty?). That said, I realize +2 is probably too much, so I reduce it to +1. Regarding her ultimate, I draw the idea from Freyalise's Winds, not as a reference to the World Spell (afterall, the World Spell should not be one-sided...)
Urza's card is interesting, but kind of odd. It's not what I would necessarily think of where he's concerned.

Also, according to Serra, Urza is white. That was early in his 'walkerhood, though. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Also, according to Serra, Urza is white. That was early in his 'walkerhood, though. 

Uzra swings from jerk to **** pretty hard in Invasion.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

You want a +2 to be something you can use all the time though. "Destroy target blue permanent" is only doable if it's a blue permanent.

Also, Pyroblast, and its blue counterpart, Hydroblast, are not how we're supposed to do hosers today. Unless the set "really needs it", and, 100% of the time, it doesn't. Time Spiral was a notable exception because of the nostalgia feel, but red shouldn't be destroying enchantments. (This doesn't mean red doesn't have answers, just that they're more of the "kill the player" variety.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Anyone want to makea new one??? Maybe I throw in another:

Teferi, Master of Time and Space              

Planeswalker - Teferi (Loyalty:5)

+2: Other players can't cast spells this turn.
0: Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
-2: Until your next turn, creatures without flying can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
-10: Exile all other permanents. You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield without paying its mana cost. It has haste.