The Durai Papers #2

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
< #1: Ephemeral Globe

My second card:

Woodslayer

Creature - Human Warrior
Woodslayer may attack lands as though they were planeswalkers.
If Woodslayer would deal damage to a land, destroy that land instead.
3/2

The second ability is supposed to work with ping too.

- AJD
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

You know, that's actually kinda clever.  I think you might even be able to get away with making it a three mana spell since it's not that survivable.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

You're probably right. I'm not good at judging the powerlevel of cards. That's why my decks are generally terrible. :<

- AJD
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

I was thinking that Wizards would actually cost it higher, because it is repeatable land destruction. But, honestly, I don't particularly agree with their philosophy on the obliteration of territory.

Also, are you sure you're new?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I was thinking that Wizards would actually cost it higher, because it is repeatable land destruction. But, honestly, I don't particularly agree with their philosophy on the obliteration of territory.

Also, are you sure you're new?

New to Magic? No, I've been playing (and losing) for a couple of years, and I always had ideas of cards I wanted to play. I'm posting the ones that don't make me feel stupid. <.<

- AJD

I meant new to the forum. Most new users, videlicet, myself, post some pretty terrible cards at first.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Clever, clever. 
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
Well, I post the cards approved by my friends. But don't get your hopes up, I have tons of terrible cards. :>

- AJD

Pretty nifty.

It's really pushing the CMC 4 bounds to have it function via ping, as well as combat damage -- I'm sure there's a cheap infinite combo there somewhere.  I mean, I don't mind, because I'm at odds with Wizards on the appropriate cost of land destruction.  But this would be printable at 5 in current philosophy.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Just to clarify, my original 3 mana suggestion assumes that this goes back to just combat damage.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Sign In to post comments