[Wide Beta] Feedback — Store, Settings, and Miscellany "[Retired]"

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please use this thread to post and discuss your feedback on using the in-game store, adjusting game settings, and any miscellaneous aspects of the game which are not covered by the other feedback threads (see index below).

Please DO NOT POST BUGS in this thread. Instead please use the Customer Service bug report form.

Please DO NOT use these threads to make non-GUI requests/comments such as Leagues, automated trading, fractional tickets etc.

Feedback thread index
Finding and Playing Games
Collection, Deckbuilding, and Trading Cards
Store, Settings, and Miscellany

Retired feedback threads (closed 16 Jan)
[Retired] Finding and Playing Games 
[Retired] Collection, Deckbuilding, and Trading Cards
[Retired] Store, Settings, and Miscellany

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
The only recommendation I will make here is to rethink the implementation of a default billing address during checkout. In my opinion the beta version is less secure than previous versions since it automatically populates the correct billing address.

I personally like the method which was used in v2 and is used in v3, which presents a choice among all previously used addresses as options available during checkout. I saw this as a security feature. If someone were to gain access to my account they would have even less chance of guessing the proper billing address and I could intentionally add bogus addresses. The first time I used the store in the latest beta version I was confused since there was only one option for the address, and I had to go to my personal settings to change the default, then enter the store again to get the transaction processed. This to me, represents a minor increase in efficiency at the expense of a decrease in security.  Perhaps I am the only one who feels this way, but any decrease in security is not worth only a minor increase in efficiency.

I would even accept no default billing address as the default method of application operation. Online transaction security is important.  I would spend the extra time entering in the address manually each time. I think the users should have a choice if they want the program/application/server to remember and present a default address.
The rate of new builds is much too slow. There has not been any changes to the Wide Beta in over a month. There needs to be new builds so that there can be feedback. I would like a new build every two weeks even if there are only small changes.

Here are some things I have noticed about the appearance of cards. The card name, card type, and rules text should all line up on the left-hand side. The font size for the card name and the type line should be smaller. The font size for the type line should also be slightly smaller than the card name.
The rate of new builds is much too slow. There has not been any changes to the Wide Beta in over a month. There needs to be new builds so that there can be feedback. I would like a new build every two weeks even if there are only small changes.

You must've missed my reply in the old thread:

WotC pretty much shuts down for two weeks over the holidays and Gatecrash is fast approaching, so getting the new cards in both clients is probably eating up a lot of QA time (plus, the internal working client probably includes Gatecrash at this point, so can't be pushed to the public). I'd be surprised if there weren't a bunch of improvements with the Gatecrash release. 

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
I am not sure if this fits in here or somewhere else, but I figure someone can move it if it fits somewhere else.  

For some time, the current client has been plagued with the inability to scroll the match list in a large tourney and find various names in the list without the list scrollling back to the top.  This is a real pain for the larger standard events and the PTQs.  The beta does not have such an issue, but the lack of any ability to interact with the order of the players is somewhat annoying.  It would be extremely useful if it were possible to have a field you can click on to reorder the listing of names alphabetically.  Otherwise it's just extremely painful to always find the particular player you are looking for.

The beta client STILL takes about 5 minutes to load from logon to a usable state for me. I spend most of that time watching my buddy list slowly, oh so slowly,  populate. I can smoke a cigarette in the time it takes to populate. Really.

"Slash" functions are STILL not implemented. /me does this and /me does that, /away (message), /eject (playername), etc are all of very high importance to me.

I hate that I have to jump through 15 hoops to start a game, rather than the normal 4 or 5.

I hate that it takes me almost a minute to join a game.

Windows STILL take away window focus with no notice.

While the beta LOOKS nice, I seriously prefer the v3 client.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

The beta client STILL takes about 5 minutes to load from logon to a usable state for me. I spend most of that time watching my buddy list slowly, oh so slowly,  populate. I can smoke a cigarette in the time it takes to populate. Really.

"Slash" functions are STILL not implemented. /me does this and /me does that, /away (message), /eject (playername), etc are all of very high importance to me.

I hate that I have to jump through 15 hoops to start a game, rather than the normal 4 or 5.

I hate that it takes me almost a minute to join a game.

Windows STILL take away window focus with no notice.

While the beta LOOKS nice, I seriously prefer the v3 client.

In my experience, 5 minutes is fast.   I drafted last night, using the old client.  This morning, after updating, I logged on to the new client try to trade away the spare cards I had drafted.  I logged in and made coffee while the first screen loaded, then clicked the collection/deckbuidling tab.  About 10 minutes later, my collection had loaded and I was able to move the the slider to choose all cards that I owned 5+ of.  It took over 20 minutes for that to load.  The only thing I had running on the machine was a browser window with video set review.  The set review video took an hour - during which I was able to add about 10 cards to my trade binder, clicking add to active binder whenever the program would actually respond.  

I then tried to buy a commander deck.  The store loaded quickly, as did the Commander decks windwo.  I then clicked on the "add to cart" button for the deck I wanted.  Five minutes later the program still had not responded, so I tried clicking on the prodict image, right clicking everywhere, etc.  The program did nothing, and it was time to leave for work.  I had to shut down MTGO from the Task Manager.

I want to like the new client.  I am giving it every chance, but the performance is so very, very bad.   

PRJ - "one million words" on MTGO

I write the State of the Program series on PureMTGO.com, appearing every Friday.

My feedback on the Login screen / Miscellaneous is:

Loading Bar: May I recommend a loading bar (similar to v.3) to appear when one logs in.  This helps pass the time whilst waiting

Remembering Passwords:  Can the client autosave my password so that I don't need to enter it in future?  My windows Settings enables me to store saved passwords, but it is not possible for BETA (or v.3 either) and I must re-enter my password every time.

Sound Effects: Often my laptop goes into hibernation mode when I am away for an hour or so.  When I return, my MTG Online BETA account is disconnected (and returns to the main login screen).  This is fine, so I login again.  However, the sound is completely disabled during the whole of the next session.  So I must close the client completely and re-start up.  Can someone in WOTC please kindly inform Stainless Games to solve this problem, as it is quite irksome.

Tournament Highlights:  I recommend you allow us to replay a selection of MAJOR tournament FINALS.  I would love to see a new area in the client headed "Tournament Replays", where all major finals (All Premier Events and All MOCS Finals for the season) are shown.  It should be sorted by Calendar month, so you simply click on "January 2013" for example and then a list of major finals appears and you can replay the ones you want.  Please please please can you consider this feature?  It is very close to my heart, and I believe it will make so many people happy.

Thank you. 
The bar at the bottom of the client that shows the time should be removed. Windows always shows the time on the taskbar anyways. The bar at the bottom of the client takes up too much space and does not serve any purpose. You can move the build number into the HOME or HELP areas. Players will not even need to look at the build number once the Wide Beta is over.
I have my task bar hidden, I like having the clock displayed in the client. Maybe we could compromise and let this be a configurable option?
I'm having trouble watching replays of completed events (specifically GTC prerelease drafts). When I click on the event I'm taken to a window where I can view replays of the games. When I watch a game and it finishes there is no way to go back and watch another game in the same event. I can click on the "Game Details" button which takes me back to an event window, but there is no way to watch the replays. If I close the game window, the event never reappears. My only option is to scroll through all the completed tournaments and hope to find the same event again and reopen it. Surely there should be an easier way to watch say, both, games from the finals of an event, right?
Help create custom set Aurora
You cannot watch replays of prerelease games.

On any other game when you finish watching a replay the view goes back to the room from which you choose the match but you still have the window with the choosen event open in the bottom. Just click that and choose the next game you want to watch.
You cannot watch replays of prerelease games.

This is incorrect. The wide beta allows you to watch replays of prerelease games. If it allows you to, you should be able to watch multiple games from the same event more easily.

Strange that you can watch them in the beta while you cannot in the live client.
Strange that you can watch them in the beta while you cannot in the live client.

Actually its the only reason I am using the beta client - my 15 month old keeps me too busy to play this weekend - but at least I can see what's going on.
There are some things that have been done very well to make playing easier/more intuitive (red zone strip for attack), but there are also problems that need to be addressed. I discovered these last night during the Pre-release for Gatecrash:

1) In the old client, i could build a deck from my pool of opened cards, save it, then build another different deck from the same pool and save that. I would "Submit" one of those decks, but if i lost my 1st match and wanted to go a different route, I would sideboard in my 2nd alternate deck for games 2 and 3. Instead of having to manually swap out the cards, land etc which could be time consuming...i could just load my alternate deck fast and then submit. This option appears to be gone with the new beta client. I think its a huge mistake to get rid of it. If you have extra time during the intial build time (20 minutes i believe?) to make 2 decks, it can really help you out.

2) I realized during my sideboarding step, that as i was switching out my black/white Orzhov for green/blue Simic, that I had still left an Orzhov card in there by mistake. In the old client, i would still see the window witht he cards, swap out that one card very fast, and hit "Submit" again. In this new Beta client, I could not figure out how to resubmit my deck. As soon as I hit the submit button, the screen changed to the Game Details window, and it just said something like "Waiting for opponent to submit". Even though it took him like another minute to submit his deck, i jus sat there wishing i could change that 1 card out and resubmit my deck. Sure enough, the match starts and a few turns later, that useless Orzhov card showed up in my hand with no Plains in my deck now to play him. They need to make it clearer on an option to change a card or two around and resubmit your deck, if your opponent still has not submitted his newly sideboarded deck.

3) the effects that go on a stack are in some ways interseting in new client. You see a little square visualation of the card art, but its still a bit clumsy. These visual representations overlap each other. In fact, in many cases, as effects go off in response to a played card, I cannot even see the orignal card that my opponent just played! ( I can look at the text box to figure it our and read the card, but in the old client, it was very easy to SEE the actual card (the visual representation), if i had the chat window minimized.

In addition, I had a situation where i played a blue/black Dimir creature (Dinrova Horror) that lets you bounce a creature and then the owner pithces a card. I also had another effect go off at same time that would put a +1 counterr on a creature. It honestly was confusing to me which one was going off first. The two effects were on the stack, but i had forgotten the order. The text window on the screen simply said "Please select a target". I was thinking "Is that the target for the bounce and discard effect (BAD!) or the +1 counter (good!). I was paralyzed in whether to pick his creature or mine.  The text box should make these things crystal clear. It should state something like  "Please select target for effect from Dinrova Horror". Then there is no mistake what I am to target. 
The client's design is unfriendly to widescreen monitors thanks to a lack of customization options: This is far and away my biggest problem with the new client. I don't want to waste vertical space on the bar that shows the phases of the game, because vertical space is far more limited than horizontal space on a widescreen display. If I try to resize the bar the only thing that changes size is my hand, which I don't want to change. Making the chat window movable and detachable is nice, but why can't I hide the part of the window that shows who is in the game? That information is useless 99% of the time and I'd rather devote screen space to showing the chat viewer and entry parts of the window, but that isn't an option either.

I don't need a huge box in the bottom left telling me what the main phase does, but I can't change that either. It's nice that the stack is movable, but why can't I anchor it somewhere that it won't cover up the board? Another problem with the stack is that it can't be configured to cascade vertically instead of horizontally; it's one of the few elements that I'd rather have displayed in a vertical fashion and yet it can't be changed.

One of my only issues with the old client is that all the elements of the game are in a fixed position. If the only change in the new client was a completely adjustable UI then I'd be totally on board, but as it stands the new client is just a different flavor of undesirable from the old one. I wish Wizards would stop forcing their design choices on the users and instead give us the option to make the game look how we want it to. There are no rules in paper Magic for how you can set things up or look at the board, and the Magic Online client should strive to allow a player to see the game in a fashion that makes the most sense to them rather than some faceless designers sitting in the WotC offices.
I am passing on this feedback from Dwarven_Pony regarding the layout of the "Game Detail"s screen (ie. the screen one sees whilst waiting for the next match to start in a tournament).   He recommends that it's best to see the Avatars lined up opposite each other, which has the benefit of easily identifying opponents and enabling one to see the status of the matches at a quick glance.  Currently in BETA, we must click on several dropdowns to see the status of the matches, and it's not attactive to see it in a simple list.

Below is an image of the rough outline to convey how it could look.

Dwarven Pony had difficulties getting this posted, so I did it for him.

Anything but nuts is crazy. - We need moar command helemet!

We really need the option to close a chat window (when it's either tabbed or docked). This is a very basic UI command and it's absurd that we do not have it yet.
May I leave feedback on Player Profiles.

I think it would be nice to be able to right-click on opponent's Avatar to see:

1. What languages they speak; and
2. Where they live (country & city).
I like knowing this information about my opponents - mainly for the social aspect, and also to know what language is best to chat in.  I know many languages, and I like to chat in other languages wherever practical.

Also, please bear in mind that there are a lot of people from foreign countries online who do not speak English well, and it would be nice for them if they can immediately see an opponent's country in case they share the same.

In addition, I think it would be helpful to have a flag showing in the Game lobby for those hosting.  This will help people playing matches they are most comfortable with.  For example, if a Japanese player sees a Japanese flag in the lobby, he may find this helpful and choose that game before others.

Thanks.
May I leave feedback on Player Profiles.

I think it would be nice to be able to right-click on opponent's Avatar to see:

1. What languages they speak; and
2. Where they live (country & city).
I like knowing this information about my opponents - mainly for the social aspect, and also to know what language is best to chat in.  I know many languages, and I like to chat in other languages wherever practical.

Also, please bear in mind that there are a lot of people from foreign countries online who do not speak English well, and it would be nice for them if they can immediately see an opponent's country in case they share the same.

In addition, I think it would be helpful to have a flag showing in the Game lobby for those hosting.  This will help people playing matches they are most comfortable with.  For example, if a Japanese player sees a Japanese flag in the lobby, he may find this helpful and choose that game before others.

Thanks.

I like this idea, but (1) it needs to remain optional (2) a notice needs to be posted on the language input screen that english is the only allowed language in public chat, to avoid the wrong impression.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
From my experiance any kind of language/country separation leads to bullying.

Racism is strictly forbidden by the terms of use which we must sign up to.  The Orcs can punish anyone violating these rules.

Plus, as Bubba mentions, this would be optional.  (From a legal perspective, it's not necessary that it be optional because the terms of use agreement which we sign up to when the account is created is sufficient to obtain the privacy consent, however I do understand if WOTC wishes to make it optional in their discretion).

My solution is that my login is a word in my language, so anyone from my country knows where I'm from. I found a few compatriots this way, and AFAIK haven't provoked anybody.

Go draft, young man, go draft!

Don't worry. The meaning of your username is safe with me Cool.

I see what happens on steam forums when people start talking in non-english. It's not very pleasent. You might say that the steam users must be blamed but I wouldn't say that all magic players are mature and polite.
Don't worry. The meaning of your username is safe with me .

I see what happens on steam forums when people start talking in non-english. It's not very pleasent. You might say that the steam users must be blamed but I wouldn't say that all magic players are mature and polite.

Yes, I use Slovenian only in private chat; even French or German (which I mostly understand) in, for example, game chat in the old client feels like I'm being excluded, almost like they are banding up on me.

Go draft, young man, go draft!

I tried to test the beta client again, but i see no improvements worth mention.

The client is still unusable due to extremely slow and sluggish response.

The design is still horrible -  might have been reasonably modern in 1999.

I want to like the new client, and i keep hoping that it will improve, but as it stands now it is not even an upgrade from the old outdated client.
This software is still hopelessly poorly developed and outdated as it appears.
I am so disappointed i am unable to put it into words, this is garbage WoTC, complete garbage.
I am dumbfounded as to how you can even pull this off, a big international multimillion $$ business should quite obviously be able to afford a team of talented game developers to make a client for a freaking card game, its not rocket-science.
At the very least, outsource the development of the game to someone who has the nescessary skills (that might even save some pennies).

We will still continue to put money into your pockets because we love Magic the Gathering and you are sadly, to my knowledge, the only providers of an online environment in which to play the game. 

Here is my main impression of the "new" client, and i use the word new loosely:

Failed software. 
The development IS being outsourced.

My list thus far:

1)  Client hangs - this happens to me a couple of times a session, usually during trades or while in the Account section.  The client stops responding and no longer appears to be doing anything.  Using END TASK in Task Manager, and reloading the game is the workaround.  Strangely enough, when I hit END TASK, that's when the wide beta client decides to ask me if I want to quit the game or not. 

2)  Collection/deck list view columns collapse automatically to smallest width - I use list view for the sake of quicker processing time and better sorting, and this one is pretty annoying.  After every search or changing windows, bam, all columns collapse so narrow you can't read anything.  

3)  It's a little slow to respond - I don't know if that's server side, or something in the client, or just because there are so many games and trades going on at once ... but my system has plenty of horsepower in all aspects, I'm on a fast cable connection.  It's hardly a real issue, it isn't that bad, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Things I'd like to see ... these are pretty small items, but only the squeeky wheel gets the oil:

1)  Buddy list, list view - It be easier for me to be able to see the buddy list this way, it's just my preference.

2)  Notification pop-ups get in the way a bit - When you're trading, notification pop-ups cover the SUBMIT and CANCEL TRADE buttons.  I know the notifications can be turned off, but we can optionally have a lot of notifications for a lot of different things if we configure the client that way, it would be nice to be able to change where those notification pop-ups appear on the screen.

I like the appearance of the client, I like the change in sound effects and like that they're less ... loud.

But I think it would be a big mistake to release this client without some fixes. 
I have a problem, or rather two.

One, the store refuses to load properly. It worked fine yesterday, as I was able to buy tickets, but after downloading an update today this happens every time I load up the store:
store bug
I've tried restarting the client quite a few times, and each time I go to the store it will get stuck at this loading percentage. It seems that everything in the store is loaded, but the loading bar will not go away, even after waiting for a solid thirty minutes. During this time I can't interact with the UI in any way, meaning I have to force shut-down from task manager or right-clicking the start tab. The only thing I haven't tried is re-installing the client, but I'm hoping I won't have to do that.

(My other problem is the seemingly-ubiqitious missing collection bug, but I'm going to post about that in the other thread.)

Edit: I've already sent in a bug report about the problem, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Edit x2: Okay, nevermind, it seems that everything is working again as normal. 
Can the buddy list be broken down into groupings?  IE, this buddy is on there because its a bot I like to trade with, this one is a bot I have some balance on that hopefully doesn't magically go away, these are people I know in real life, this is people I like to play x format with, these are people who are really jerks and I want to avoid them, this person trades, etc...?  Basically make my own folder system and then drop the buddies into it.
+1 to Panteracanes idea
And an idea of my own ... how about being able to right-click a card during a match to add it to your wish list?
And an idea of my own ... how about being able to right-click a card during a match to add it to your wish list?

Cool idea.
Something that really bums me out is that we can't paste deck lists in pm anymore because of how the client handles pastes.

it used to be if you copied this:

2 Liliana of the Dark Realms
4 Chromatic Lantern
2 Elixir of Immortality
3 Dimir Keyrune
1 Door to Nothingness
3 Overgrown Tomb
3 Stolen Identity
4 Watery Grave
1 Gilded Lotus
2 Simic Keyrune
3 Golgari Keyrune
1 Staff of Nin
3 Trading Post
1 Diabolic Revelation
2 Glaring Spotlight
4 Crypt Ghast
11 Swamp
4 Farseek
1 Overgrown Tomb
2 Worldspine Wurm
3 Cackling Counterpart

and paste it into the chat interface for a pm it would appear as one line as such:

Me 12:04pm: 2 Liliana of the Dark Realms4 Chromatic Lantern2 Elixir of Immortality3 Dimir Keyrune1 Door to Nothingness3 Overgrown Tomb3 Stolen Identity4 Watery Grave1 Gilded Lotus2 Simic Keyrune3 Golgari Keyrune1 Staff of Nin3 Trading Post1 Diabolic Revelation2 Glaring Spotlight4 Crypt Ghast11 Swamp4 Farseek1 Overgrown Tomb2 Worldspine Wurm3 Cackling Counterpart

Assuming the list length wasn't over 60 or so lines in length. Then you could c/p this to a text file, save, and load in the client to see the deck laid out visually not just read names off a disjointed list.

Now it just pastes the last line ignoring all the previous cr/lfs. Which means that one of my favorite ways of quickly passing on a list is now defunct.

I realize that the way deck lists are generally used on the beta is different than v3 but being able to import a text list via chat seems like it shouldn't clash with anything being implemented. Please restore this functionality to beta chat.

Winter.Wolf

This is only sort of a beta issue. However with the new code redemption function you now have 3 different promo and prize legalities.

Winning prizes in events which asks if it is legal to gamble in your US state. The rest of the world is left to make up our own minds. And even the US can just tick the box anyway.
The player rewards which is only for the US but there is nothing stopping the rest of the world just ticking the box anyway.
And now the code redemption which is again for the US only but this is actually enforced by checking our billing address.

Please pick one and enforce it equally.

Incidentally as a UK resident I'm fairly sure there is no legal reason for me not to get the promos.

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?

Something that really bums me out is that we can't paste deck lists in pm anymore because of how the client handles pastes.

I think there should be a better solution for sharing deck lists. Some options:
  • Right-click on a deck and select "Send deck list to buddy". Then choose choose a buddy from your list.
  • Right-click on a person's name and select "Send deck list". Then choose one of your decks.
  • Right-click in the chat window while in a private chat and select "Send deck list". Then choose one of your decks.
When someone is sent a deck list, a window should pop up for them, and it should say "<player name> sent you a deck list." There should be a "Save deck" button and a "Discard" button.

I think there should be a better solution for sharing deck lists. Some options:
  • Right-click on a deck and select "Send deck list to buddy". Then choose choose a buddy from your list.
  • Right-click on a person's name and select "Send deck list". Then choose one of your decks.
  • Right-click in the chat window while in a private chat and select "Send deck list". Then choose one of your decks.
When someone is sent a deck list, a window should pop up for them, and it should say "<player name> sent you a deck list." There should be a "Save deck" button and a "Discard" button.

Well that is certainly more functional but I am not sure it is better. I enjoy the low tech aspect of being able to open a text file, paste its contents and have it reversed on the other end and loaded. Takes very little time in v3 once I explain it and most people whom I have swapped decks with have felt it was a pretty good way to do it.

Not that your idea doesn't have merit. It is just different. Ideally I'd want as many ways to do this as possible.

Winter.Wolf

+1 for timotheos idea another UK user that is paying but not getting the same product as other players
For me the only reason to use the old client is to see my ELO ratings. This, however means that I have to fire up V3 after every event to track my progress, which is somewhat annoying.  Once ratings are added to the Beta client, I would not use V3 at all. The ratings information should be on my Account tab and not cleverly hidden in some information pop up, like in V3.
Once ratings are added to the Beta client, I would not use V3 at all.

This will never happen. Ratings will disappear forever this summer when the V3 to Beta switchover happens. Paper players haven't had ratings for over a year now.