[GTC-ICD]

25 posts / 0 new
Last post

Molten Primordial 5RR
creature - avatar (R)

Haste.
When Molten Primordial enters the battlefield, for each opponent, take control of up to one target creature that player controls until the end of turn. Untap those creatures. They have haste until the end of turn.

source: http://www.magictitans.it/articoli/gatecrash-exclusive-preview-molten-primordial/

Really bad for standard, good in commander I guess?

Edit: I have no idea how to edit the topic title here, and I forgot to add the name of the card. 
Yawn.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

It looks like all the primordials are primarily for multiplayer (read: Commander). I like them though for what they do, especially being a COmmander player almost exclusively these days (other than sealed tourneys like prereleases...).
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
I really love this art.
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Wow, and that makes Indi 2 for 2 so far.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Creature, come here. Creature, STAP!

Hehe 
EDH and limited goodness
Wonder how the Primordials fit into Ravnican flavor....

Anyway, this is standard GILBIC material.  

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I dunno...
Two hastey dudes and remove a blocker for a turn?
There might be some merit to this guy.
I dunno...

but it's been done before, and for cheaper
My guess on the cycle...

red avatar

6/4 haste with act of treason for each opponent, although we could be lucky and get a zealous conscript ability

black avatar

5/5 intimidate with a rise from the grave for each opponent's graveyard (not yours)

green avatar

6/6 trample with a rhino token for each opponent 

Nailed it!

I think my green avatar prediction is a bit ambitious though - on reflection I think it will be 6/5 and produce centaur tokens.
I dunno...

but it's been done before, and for cheaper

To be fair, Zealous Conscripts are amazing.

That said, they're certianly going to overshadow this card until they rotate.  After they rotate, though?    There might be a narrow rogue use for this card. 

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

In mulitplayer, this reads kill target player.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Absolutely horrible in constructed.  I'm not even sure how good this will be in edh.  I suppose it's playable.

Same way the nephilim do. Ancient gods and all that.

(While on the subject of Lovecraftiana, I am convinced Sorin wrote the Grimoire of the Dead and it's about the Eldrazi.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
It bugs me that this guy is "molten" but doesn't deal damage. Feels like bad flavor.

Haste makes him explosive. I like him, but he's probably not as good as the black one.
Pretty good.

Same way the nephilim do. Ancient gods and all that.

(While on the subject of Lovecraftiana, I am convinced Sorin wrote the Grimoire of the Dead and it's about the Eldrazi.)

There's also the Primordial Sage (a Spirit rather than an Avatar, but Primordial is in the name and all. Besides, Spirits can be deityesque too). Possibly a relative of these guys. And Stalking Vengeance could well be this one's predecessor. Other Avatars from Ravnica include Sanguine Praetor, Excruciator, Scion of the Wild, and Avatar of Discord.

Like an elephant into a tuxedo.

Like an elephant into a tuxedo.

^ This would be my favorite card in the set, hands down. I salute you, Loxodon Aristocrat.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
Anyone else thinks this porcine creature might the 'boar-god' referred to on some Gruul cards?
@wynzerman No, to be fair, someone called this before me, I just agreed. Devastating in EDH, though, will be perfect in my friend's Jor Kadeen deck.

With JK and metalcraft, this guy represents 24 damage by himself in our playgroup, plus the power of the stolen creatures!

I'm changing my green primordial prediction though - it might be half a Plow Under per player. I say half because a full Plow Under per opponent would make me wring the neck of anyone who cast it.
loxodon aristocrat hahaha

this card is good. 
I just saw this... its bad.

3DH4LIF3

Sign In to post comments