Anything Goes

145 posts / 0 new
Last post
well I've been detained for being "off topic" so I'm creating this thread

the angler wants the posters to feel free to pirate this thread

I'm just going to talk mostly about card creation here (it's the sub forum)

The topic of this forum shall be that it has no topic
under the sun under the water atop the cooling crust, the water life wurm swirled crashing upon empty shores

IMAGE(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=221566&type=card)

Scattering seeds onto the shore for countless years, which took root and the land wurm emerged.

IMAGE(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=441&type=card)

The Sea Raged trapped in it's own confines until a warrior came.

IMAGE(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=205868&type=card)

But she was felled by boars.

Scarzam's Sea Lion Creature - Sphinx, Cat, Merfolk,  Serpent
Sea lion cannot attack if defending player has no islands.
If Sea Lion eats (does enough damage to a creature to kill it) that creature cannot be regenerated and draw a card.
~Alive without breath, As cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, All in mail never clinking. -The Hobit
(5/6)
Needs more creature types.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Flesh Sampler Creature Wizard
do 1 point of damage to target creature. Flesh Sampler permanently gains one of target creature's types and target creature permanently gains one of Flesh Sampler's creature types.
stay calm, we'll find out what you're made of
(1/1)

perhaps It should be a beast?
Ib this overcosted?

Diabolic Tutor

Does anyone use these?
Ib this overcosted?

Does anyone use these?

Perfectly costed for limited. Terrible in constructed unless you PLAN on it being your 4-drop.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Tutors are best used outside the mechanic of the the deck structure to serve as patches.
 So no, not as a 4 drop in constructed.
Tutors are best used outside the mechanic of the the deck structure to serve as patches.
 So no, not as a 4 drop in constructed.

Thus the perfectly costed for limited.
There are decks where spending turn 4 to get an awesome turn five is a good thing.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
A Card is A Card is a Planes Walker .  . .

Dummy Player Enchantment
When this is cast, Draw X cards for dummy player.
Dummy player is a player that goes after one of your opponents.
Dummy player starts with 7 life. It draws from your deck and plays with its hand revealed.
It does not share your permanents or graveyard.
You Control Dummy Player. Dummy Player cannot win.
If this dies or leaves play, exile all cards controlled by this.
If you loss, this leaves play.
too dangerous to post on other threads

http://www.sixprizes.com/wp-content/uploads/88-professor-oak-base-set-bs.jpg

www.sixprizes.com/2011/05/14/top-9-cards...
Ib this overcosted?

Does anyone use these?

Perfectly costed for limited. Terrible in constructed unless you PLAN on it being your 4-drop.

Actually, you need to play more EDH - It's quite good in a 1-of format.
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
EDH ?
私はあなたを殴り、あなたの昼食のお金を取る。

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

I wasn't sure that Magic needed dice rolls since randomness is already determined by card draw
Clashing is bent towards overcosted decks

Love Tiamont not getting destroyed
A Card is A Card is a Planes Walker .  . .

Dummy Player Enchantment
When this is cast, Draw X cards for dummy player. Choose an Opponent.
Dummy player is a player that plays after chosen opponent.
Dummy player starts with 6 life. It draws from your deck and plays with its hand revealed.
It does not share your permanents or graveyard.
You Control Dummy Player. Dummy Player cannot win.
If this dies or leaves play, exile all cards controlled by this.
If you loss, this leaves play.

Windmill Artifact Building
Target Player puts the top 3 cards on their library into their graveyard. That player adds to their mana pool at the beginning of that player's next main phase
~"energy can even be drawn from the winds"

LOL for a number of reasons.

*Most of us would use +1/+1 counters.
*It's a 0/0 if you miss the first one. While Quetzalcoatl is the Aztec god of gambling, his price is the same as Rushwood Elemental for what will half the time be a 0/0, one-quarter of the time a 3/3, one-eighth the time a 6/6...
*Why no flying? Is this a North American thing? Flyers that really don't fly?
*I'm pretty sure a voluntary flagbearer for free is OP.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Reading this thread is like staring into the maw of madness.

It reminds me of Eraserhead, but like... done by an undergrad film student. On drugs. ...More drugs.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Nettle Thrull creature thrull
If a creature attacks unopposed(is not blocked after bloackers are declared),
 you may sacrifice that ceature before combat damage is declared:
  Target Player discards 2 cards.
freedom's just another word for nothing left to loss
(2/2)

Magic has 32 color combinations

1 O color deck
5 1 color decks
10 2 color decks
10 3 color decks
5 4 color decks
1 5 color deck

That would be a lot of cards to cover the bases
Sorceress Queen

+ Phage the Untouchable

Unlimited Imagination
Sorcery
Can't be countered
If you control 12 or more lands, invent a card and Unlimited Imagination becomes a copy of that card,
if you don't, your opponent(s) invent a card and Unlimited Imagination becomes a copy of that card.

I figured  the hippo was based off keyword ability

here are some key words I would change

lag(this remains tapped during its next untap )
opposed (the creatures that are blocking this creature)
unopposed (this creature is attacking and has not been blocked after blocking was declared)
deck(library)
mana count (converted mana cost)
SorceCast (use this ability until during your main phase and not in response to any other action)

Gaze of Pain

Nether Lord --
Creature - Shade
Shades you control have ": ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn." and "Whenever ~ dies, each opponent sacrifices a creature."
"Where hope and sunlight withers." - Selesnya saying
1/1

Nether Lord -- Creature - Shade Knight
Shades you control have ": ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn." and "Whenever ~ dies, each opponent sacrifices a creature."
"Where hope and sunlight withers." - Selesnya saying
2/2

Qash'Qai Matriarch --
Creature - Graveborn Cleric
When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, put 3 black 0/1 Thrull creature tokens onto the battlefield.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player exiles a creature he or she controls. If he or she does, that player may return a creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield.
"When Mother speaks, the Children listen."
3/3

Opportunity Seized |
Sorcery
Cast ~ only after blockers are declared.
Sacrifice an unblocked attacking creature. Defending player discards their hand.

Opportunity Seized  Instant
Cast this only after blockers are declared on your turn.
Sacrifice an unopposed attacking creature: Destroy target creature

Rippling Shadow |
Creature - Demon
First strike, phasing
3/1

Rippling Shadow | Creature - Demon
First strike, phasing(This phases in or out before you untap during each of your untap steps. While it's phased out, it's treated as though it doesn't exist.)
6/3

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
This thread is Dada.

Dada is anti-card-art. Dada is anti-Dada. Dada is this thread.

Kevin H.O.O.Q.

I WILL KEEP MAKING ART HISTORY JOKES UNTIL THE HOSTAGES ARE RELEASED 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
This thread is Dada.

Kevin H.O.O.Q.

This thread needs more Degas.
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
This thread is Dada.

Kevin H.O.O.Q.

This thread needs more Degas.

It needs more "anything that makes sense."

...Mondrian, maybe? Assert some divine order on the proceedings?

Not sure we should introduce Impressionists to the mix, though. I mean, that'll lead to Post-Impressionism, and before you know it we're right back where we started. 
Ready for the punchline? Tiamat was a girl.

(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ    ... . . . . /(x□ x \)

Spr 1y 009.png

Blastoise used Guillotine!

It's a ONE-HIT KO! 

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Magic has 32 color combinations

1 O color deck
5 1 color decks
10 2 color decks
10 3 color decks
5 4 color decks
1 5 color deck

That would be a lot of cards to cover the bases

There are MANY more than 32 color combinations because of hybrid. Consider this:

:WUM::BRM:
In Total - 15 4-Color Combinations

:WUM::BRM:
:WUM::BGM:
:UBM::RGM:
:UBM::RWM:
:BRM::GWM:
:BRM::GUM:
:RGM::WUM:
:RGM::WBM:
:GWM::UBM:
:GWM::URM:
:WBM::URM:
:URM::BGM:
:BGM::RWM:
:RWM::GUM:
:GUM::WBM:

Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:

Reading this thread is like staring into the maw of madness.

It reminds me of Eraserhead, but like... done by an undergrad film student. On drugs. ...More drugs.

Welcome to Kevin's world. I'm pretty sure Quetzalcoatl would be closer to red. He's associated with gambling, supposedly a good lover, and, oh yeah, while the other Aztec gods eat human hearts, he falls into Stephenie Meyer's conception of vegetarianism, meaning he doesn't eat people.

(Also, "Kevin is hot in the ass?" Seriously?)

I have family that in the 50s were part of an anti-art movement, mostly because Studio Style (ghostly 2D drawings with thick outlines) was the definition of what Sontag would later call "fascist art".

Anyway, let's keep making art history references. Karte ist tot!

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
graphite is a non-organic lubricant
...Go on...

What am I reading.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I am speechless.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Untap Upkeep instant
Take an extra-uptap step after your upkeep.

(The untap step normally ocures the first step of a player's beganing phase
  followed by the upkeep steap then the draw step.
A player untaps all their permenants unless otherwise stated.
The untapping happens simultaniously.
No other player may respond to the untapping. )

?

Paradox Haze

why at the beginning ?

Target players takes an additional upkeep step after his her upkeep step.

The upkeep step normally occurs during a player's beginning phase
 after the untap step and before drawing.
Upkeep costs must be paid before their abilities can be activated.
Effects that trigger during upkeep.
The active play decides the order of these effects.
Other players may respond with instant spells and abilities.

I never considered dark ritual to be that powerful. But it is certainly good enough to count as a playable 1 drop

Dark Ritual

This is not a 1 drop , it is a blanket patch

Enlightened Tutor
I never considered dark ritual to be that powerful. But it is certainly good enough to count as a playable 1 drop

TV Tropes puts it best. "Tap, Ritual, Hypnotic Specter, GG?"
139359831 wrote:
Storm Cloud creature elemental
flying, defender
: +1/+1
1/4

Does DNA helix rotate clockwise or counter clockwise?

DNA is right-handed, meaning that if you were to see which direction it rotates as it moves away from you, it would be clockwise. Choosing clockwise or counter-clockwise is misleading though, since if you were to look at it from the top, it looks counter-clockwise. It's best to think about it as a vertical strand. If a DNA model were in front of you, and you grabbed it with your right hand (hence, right-handed, above), it would turn in the direction your fingers are pointing.

....why am I posting on this thread... 
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?

....why am I posting on this thread... 

This thread is like a black hole crossed with a gorgon. Once you behold its face you are transfixed and there is no escape.

Like, the above metaphor, for example, is total gibberish. But before the glory of Yawgmoth Kevin and Matt, even this makes sense.
Sign In to post comments