A Riddle for you

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
***Disclaimer - I have no idea if the below content belongs on this forum.

The card you see here was not meant to be played in a game of MTG, bor was it meant as an excecise in designing MTG cards.
No, this card is a riddle and I want you to solve. Technically I want you to try and fail, but what I really want isn't important. What you want to do is solve this riddle.

I have no idea how hard you may find this to solve this - there are a few somewhat cheap aspects to the riddle, the clues are easy to miss.
If you can't solve it I can post a hint.
***Disclaimer - I have no idea if the below content belongs on this forum.

The card you see here was not meant to be played in a game of MTG, bor was it meant as an excecise in designing MTG cards.
No, this card is a riddle and I want you to solve. Technically I want you to try and fail, but what I really want isn't important. What you want to do is solve this riddle.

I have no idea how hard you may find this to solve this - there are a few somewhat cheap aspects to the riddle, the clues are easy to miss.

What exactly is the riddle? To get that onto the battlefield? Basically anything that doesn't cast it, but puts it directly onto the battlefield, would work. I.E. Acquire, Tinker, etc.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

String, or nothing.
It looks like a Pablo card.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

What exactly is the riddle? To get that onto the battlefield? Basically anything that doesn't cast it, but puts it directly onto the battlefield, would work. I.E. Acquire, Tinker, etc.

Basically, don't think of it as a card. Think of it as a set of clues. You aren't trying to get a set of clues into play or end a game with a set of clues. YOu use clues to guess to find a solution. The clues are supposed to point you towards an answer just like a traditional riddle. The only difference is that instead of rhyming voice I put it into an MTG card.
My current line of thinking is something to do with chords, because of the convient use of the word "resolve" and the music paper in the art. I don't know enough about music theory to go much further than that though.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
It looks like a Fenix. card.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
It looks like a Fenblo card

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

I disagree. I would never make a 65/35.

On the card... I just noticed the mana cost is WUUUUB. Does it have anything to do with dubstep?

192884403 wrote:

I disagree. I would never make a 35/65.

On the card... I just noticed the mana cost is WUUUUB. Does it have anything to do with dubstep?

it's also a drone.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I noticed that its rule text has a period after its name, maybe its one of those riddles were the letters make other words.
I noticed that its rule text has a period after its name, maybe its one of those riddles were the letters make other words.

That's what I was thinking as well, but then I noticed that the cards name also has a period, so I figured it didn't mean anything.

Dubstep sucks. Also notice its a 124/547

Neither would I, Edgar Allen Bro!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Also note that dubstep sucks and my unborn children from the future could make it.

Neither would I, Edgar Allen Bro!

But you would totally make a card that said "If ~ would resolve instead it doesn't."

Actually you probably already have!

192884403 wrote:
also note that "if ~ would resolve, instead it doesn't." may also be a music reference, referring to non-resolving dominants. I don't listen to enough dubstep to know if those are common there.

what I can't figure out is the 65/35 thing. if you look at them as frequencies they form a major 7th. 65 is close to C2 while 35 is almost Db1. are these notes or that interval common in dubsteb? no idea. but that flies in the face of the resolution theory, since there's no major 7ths in a dominant chord.

although, if you ignore tempered tuning and just look at them in the overtone series, a 7-13 ratio should make a minor seventh, and since the frequencies weren't exactly right anyway, it's probably actually a minor seventh off a non-standard tone. so dominant chord is back on the table.

Wow. Razor know a lot about music.

Some hints:

• The period is intentional

• It's about quantity, not quality. Pay attention to the numbers.

• The art isn't important, but every other part of the card with something written there is.

• You learned about this in school

I'm enjoying thisLaughing

Detektor was closest so far.

Some hints:

• The period is intentional

• It's about quantity, not quality. Pay attention to the numbers.

• The art isn't important, but every other part of the card with something written there is.

• You learned about this in school

I'm enjoying this

I probably didn't learn about this in school TBH.

Every possible thing I can think of that might matter:

Name: A riddle card.
Mana cost: White, 4 blue, one black, translates to wuuuub
Possibly music related
The punctuation may have stuff to do with the effect being all weird, it's also missing a comma
It's rare, legendary, an artifact for some reason, a drone AND a construct weeeeird
the collector number is 424? out of 547. 424/547 = 0.77513711151736745886654478976234
power and toughness are 65/35 = 1.8571428571428571428571428571429
65+35 = 100

I don't often get a chance to mention this around here but Razor goes to music school and is about a year away from a Bachelor's of Music.

I don't often get a chance to mention this around here but Razor goes to music school and is about a year away from a Bachelor's of Music.

I'm developing a plague of deafness for the atlantean mafia. Sorry :c

I'm developing a plague of deafness for the atlantean mafia. Sorry :c

it's okay, I'm well past the kinds of music anyone would want to listen to at this point.

I probably didn't learn about this in school TBH.

Every possible thing I can think of that might matter:

Name: A riddle card.
Mana cost: White, 4 blue, one black, translates to wuuuub
Possibly music related
The punctuation may have stuff to do with the effect being all weird, it's also missing a comma
It's rare, legendary, an artifact for some reason, a drone AND a construct weeeeird
the collector number is 424? out of 547. 424/547 = 0.77513711151736745886654478976234
power and toughness are 65/35 = 1.8571428571428571428571428571429
65+35 = 100

Also:

"ARiddleCard.WUUUUBLegendaryArtifactCreatureDroneConstructIfARiddleCard.wouldresolveinsteaditdoesn't."

Is 100 characters long. Not that it means anything, just saying.

- AJD

"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

it's okay, I'm well past the kinds of music anyone would want to listen to at this point.

Having nearly gone into doing a BSc/BMus myself, I might.

Also, yay for you.

Congratulations man! For some reason I thought you were older - like 28+. You make any? If so, you should surely link us to like a youtube video or somethin'.

139359831 wrote:
1. I probably would like the music Razor deals with at this point, but that is completely irrelevant.

2. Is the artisit name relevant, because if so, shame on you for not providing real artist credit. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
The name of the artist is relevent. I assumed that was the real artist just working with a pen(brush?) name. If somebody claimed the work but didn't produce it I canchange the file name on my computer. I suppouse I could find new art by another artist as long as they had two words in their name (hint hint). The actual art isn't relavent.

Also I should mention that I was wrong about something. It turns out I didn't take into acount everything on the card. I totally missed the collector's number so just pretend that doesn't exist.

Now for a real clue: What makes both Lorthos, the Tidemaker and Elderscale Wurm special. THis works on a similar principle.

Congratulations man! For some reason I thought you were older - like 28+. You make any? If so, you should surely link us to like a youtube video or somethin'.

I actually have very little in the way of recent viewable material. ironically, school has a way of getting in the way of what you're studying to do. I do a lot of writing, but I don't have the time to record any of it. I do have this, though. (I am not the girl) it's a favor I did for a friend at school. I'm only singing on the third song, which starts around 8 minutes in. I am the one, as Silly put it, with the hair. 

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

139359831 wrote:

139359831 wrote:
I want to have your babies Cory.

139359831 wrote:
I want to have your babies Cory.

I take it you didn't pay much attention in health class?

Pretty sure I've got it.

It's not musical.

Yes, definitely got it. Answer in block for those who would like to keep working it out.

Answer
Pi. The full stop is a decimal on the name line.
3 words
1 white
4 blue
1 black
5 types
9 words in text box
2 word artist name

= 3.1415926535

And it never resolves.
Ha, nice.
Pretty sure I've got it.

It's not musical.

Yes, definitely got it. Answer in block for those who would like to keep working it out.

Answer
Pi. The full stop is a decimal on the name line.
3 words
1 white
4 blue
1 black
5 types
9 words in text box
2 word artist name

= 3.1415926535

And it never resolves.

Ah, well spotted.

I still think a musical chord would have been awesome, but yeah that is a pretty obvious one. 
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:

I actually have very little in the way of recent viewable material. ironically, school has a way of getting in the way of what you're studying to do. I do a lot of writing, but I don't have the time to record any of it. I do have this, though. (I am not the girl) it's a favor I did for a friend at school. I'm only singing on the third song, which starts around 8 minutes in. I am the one, as Silly put it, with the hair. 

I feel weirdly disillusioned. Somehow you've let me down by not being a giant, irate Meerca.
We have a winner! (It's Imi)
Congratulations. I don't have a prize for you but we all got to see what Razor looks like so that's pretty cool right?

I won't spoil it for anyone else who wants to figure it out but I'll tell you this- it has nothing to do with music.

I feel weirdly disillusioned. Somehow you've let me down by not being a giant, irate Meerca.

It's always a temptaion to associate a person's avatar with their appearance. It's something that led me to embarass myself recentlybut I still do it.
Imi? 70% sure he's a real doctor. Or likes to dress up as one.
I found myself viewing Pablo in a different light when he adopted the picture of a famous poilitician as his avatar. What an earnest and serious chap!
Kevin? Shapeshifter.
Imi is a doctor of love.

Sign In to post comments