How can i make my wizard an elemental wizard?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ok first off, this probably isnt the right place to post this question....im new to this :/

(back to question....) my friend has had some expirience with d&d and he told me elementalists have really high attack damage, so yeah, me being a war-wizard im kind of liking that. but he also told me in order to become one you have to train to become one? like getting to level 10 then going to a special trainor and then he said your level resets to level 1 but you are alot stronger....now that doesnt sound right to me..although i havnt played a whole lot of d&d in my life. so is that right? if not where and how can i become an elementalist? is it just the skills i pick that make me one?

thanks for all replies!

~Anaklumous 
Can anyone help me with this? pweeeeeeeease?

That does not happen. You could start again with a new new character, but you can not have multiple classes in 4.0. What class are you playing? 

High attack damage can come from multiple sources, such as your powers, ability scores, implement enchantment and feats.

Skills do not make your class.

Finally, spamming this board with requests will not endear you to the local populace. please refrain from doing so. 
If you want to be a fire elementalists Mc as a swordmage to get blades as implements and attack with a flame sword.
If you want to be a clode elementalist Mc as a swordmage to get blades as implements and attack with a frost sword.
If you want to be any other element see above but use a differnt weapon, you can have posion, radiant, pyshic, lightning etc.
You could go genisai. Yhey have a feat for adding str mod to elemental arcane attacks
You have climbed your way to the top. You are now among the multivers' elite. Welcome to the Orzhov Syndicate.
You have climbed your way to the top. You are now among the multivers' elite. Welcome to the Orzhov Syndicate.
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Or if you want to be an elementalist, start playing a Sorcerer (Elementalist).  Problem = solved?

Or play a blaster wizard if you want to stick to being a wizard.  Both work.

But no, you can't restart at 1 and be stronger at 1.  Although elementalists are pretty powerful at level 1 anyway, so you should be fine. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Sign In to post comments