[Contest] General Mayhem: You Remake the Legend - Ur-Drago

29 posts / 0 new
Last post

General Mayhem : You Remake the Legend

Lately there's been a slew of great contests on YMTC, so I wanted to revive one I started a while ago. While we're hot on the heels of Gatecrash, I am ever a fan of history, and the Legends from Legends sorely need a good tuning. 

For those of you just tuning in: I'm doing this challenge/contest to redesign Legends legends. I have the full 55-name list and I'll be choosing one at random for each contest. I want to see what YOU, the YMTC community, can do with the stories and flavor of these legends. This contest will (presumably) run as one-of contests going through as many of the 55 as we can before folks get bored. So far so good, so here we go!

Without further ado:

Ur-Drago

Everyone's favorite blue & black elemental legend is ready for a makeover. Can you make this guy's cost worth it? Best of luck!

Rules of the Road:

1. Contest is open from now until 48 hours later.

2. I'll be grading these super-quick on a 1-10 scale.

3. The redesigns should be made with fun gameplay at the forefront and with Commander in mind.

4. The card has to have a new name (think Kamahl, Pit Fighter and Kamahl, Fist of Krosa).

5. Stats and mana cost are up to you, but preference will be given to entries whose mana cost, creature types, and p/t stick as close as comfortable to the originals.

6. I know there've been a number of similar contests in the past, so please try to submit something new. Honor system!

7. No Planeswalkers, please! I know Nicol Bolas ascended, but we're keeping Dakkon and the rest of the Elder Dragons rooted on the ground.

Previous contests:

1. Lady Caleria - winner: turnip_song

2. Palladia-Mors - winner: vlord

3. Tuknir Deathlock - winner: Elzaban_the_Ethereal

4. Arcades Sabboth - winner: selims1693

5. Halfdane - winner: Elzaban_the_Ethereal

My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Ur-Drago, the Gatekeeper
Legendary Creature - Elemental (MR)
First Strike
Creatures you control may block creatures with landwalk, fear, unblockable, and flying as though they did not have those abilities. 
Always vigilant, never unwary, always observing, never with oversight.
7/4 
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
What does the basic Ur-Drago do? He makes your opponent's creatures less good. This guy does that too, but instead of affecting other creatures, he gets to choose whatever effect will make him the most dangerous. Also it was hard to find a way to make 4/4 worth 7 mana!

Ur-Drago of the Many Paths
Legendary Creature - Elemental
As Ur-Drago of the Many Paths enters the battlefield, choose one - First strike, flying, deathtouch, shroud, or intimidate. Ur-Drago enters the battlefield with the chosen ability.
, Sacrifice another creature you control: Exile ~, then return him to the battlefield under his owner's control.
4/4

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Ur-Drago, the Swampbringer
All creatures are swamps in addition to their other types.
Creatures you control have "whenever a swamp attacks, you may untap this creature."
"Swamped!"
3/7

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Ur-Drago, the Destroyer
Legendary Creature- Elemental Knight
Other creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain Swampwalk.
: Target land becomes the basic land type of your choice until end of turn.
His potential reached, he begins a new age of darkness.
6/6
He/she/it is an elemental?

Ur-Drago, Swampking -
Swampwalk
Non-basic lands are swamp.
: Each player sacrifices a swamp or a creature.
: Exchange control of two target lands.
4/5
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Ur-Drago is one of those guys with very little story, with what there is basically consisting of the following:
* He was made by the god of the cat warriors on Dominaria to punish them for lack of reverence
*Jedit Ojannen killed him (which makes sense, both Jedits are 5/5)
What does this translate to in card form? Ummm...

Ur-Drago, Bane of Efrava
Legendary Creature - Elemental M
First strike
Creatures your opponents control attack each combat if able.
After you declare blockers, if Ur-Drago, Bane of Efrava is untapped and isn’t blocking, all unblocked creatures attacking you become blocked by it. Put four +1/+1 counters on it for each creature it blocks this way beyond the first.
4/4

It looks like that because killing cats is far too specific to be implemented in a Commander who's that expensive, and giving him "catwalk" would have been way too tongue-in-cheek, so instead it's a suped-up version of his original ability, transforming him into a Commander who's defensive at first, in order to wipe the field and leave you with a super-power to attack with. For references, unblockable creatures can become blocked due to abilities (Comp. Rules 700.5).
Wow... after reading all the posts here, "swamp" now sounds like a very strange word...

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Wow... after reading all the posts here, "swamp" now sounds like a very strange word...

lol

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Ur-Drago, the Ethereal
Creatures you control are unblockable and may block unblockable creatures as if they were not unblockable.
4/4

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Erz-Drago |
Legendary Creature -- Elemental
Double strike
Creatures can be blocked as though they had no abilities.
4/4

Since we're changing names, I felt it appropriate to consider color changes, as well.  Not dissimilar to the way other legends have changed in the past.  Additionally, to make it as mechanically close as possible, I decided it no longer belonged in its original colors.

I leave the reason for my choosing "Erz-" as an exercise for the reader.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Erz-Drago |
Double strike
4/4

Since we're changing names, I felt it appropriate to consider color changes, as well.  Not dissimilar to the way other legends have changed in the past.  Additionally, to make it as mechanically close as possible, I decided it no longer belonged in its original colors.

By changing the name, it just means that you can't call your card "Ur-Drago" since that's already a card. 

Your card does seem like a sort of planeshifted Ur-Drago which is neat. Kinda like Baru, Fist of Krosa to Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Ur-Drago is one of those guys with very little story, with what there is basically consisting of the following:
* He was made by the god of the cat warriors on Dominaria to punish them for lack of reverence

I should just let you do the research. Or run the contest. It'd keep you from winning for a 3rd time.

(That is NOT saying he's going to win this one...only that he's entered so he has a chance of winning just like anyone else.)
This guy's name is screaming, "Turn me into a Dragon!"  So I turned him into a dragon, and made it so that the three most common block evasions (flying, intimidate, and landwalk) won't do any good against your creatures.  With that, and having three abilties, I kept the P/T at 4/4

Ur-Drago, Guardian of Dominaria
Legendary Creature-Elemental Dragon
Flying, first strike, intimidate
Other creatures you control are all colors, have reach, and can block creatures with landwalk as if they didn’t have landwalk.
4/4
Ur-Drago, Pain Focus |
Flying, hexproof
Whenever you lose life, put that many +1/+1 counters on Ur-Drago, Pain Focus.
When Ur-Drago's power is greater than your life total, sacrifice him.
5/5

Ignore all history: Make weirdo card.

I'm actually a fan of making weirdo cards. History is a springboard for inspiration, not a shackle. Though top priority (for this contest) is making an interesting and ceative card as well as a fun/engaging general for Commander.

[spoiler in case you're wondering what my design for Ur-Drago is]
[spoiler are you sure you want to see this?]
[spoiler I mean, it won't affect the contest, but I also don't want to unduly affect someone's design]
[spoiler ok ok here you go]
IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2176590/Custom%20Commanders/Ur-Drago%20Eternal%20Dark.jpg)

And a token render:
IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2176590/Tokens/CC_Ur-Drago_Nightmare.jpg)
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
By changing the name, it just means that you can't call your card "Ur-Drago" since that's already a card. 

Your card does seem like a sort of planeshifted Ur-Drago which is neat. Kinda like Baru, Fist of Krosa to Kamahl, Fist of Krosa.

Going from Ur- to Erz- is a future potential of Drago realized (as though he did not get killed), not a planeshifted version of Drago.

Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD

Build Around This
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM

Your card does seem like a sort of planeshifted Ur-Drago which is neat. Kinda like Baru, Fist of Krosa to Kamahl, Fist of Krosa.

Going from Ur- to Erz- is a future potential of Drago realized (as though he did not get killed), not a planeshifted version of Drago.

Ok, so how does he go from blue to red?
Ok, so how does he go from blue to red?

The battle with Jedit Ojanen unleashed an inner fury within him.  As he was about to fall, it came to the surface, forever warping the elemental's psyche.  Instead, as Jedit breathed his last on the dirt, and all consciousness escaped him, Drago became self-aware, gained volition and free will, and was no longer just a tool of his maker.

Drago spent years preparing for the inevetable attempt at vengence both the Robarans and the Efravans would bring to bear.  Drago explored his own connection with the elements around him, realizing his primordial nature, his original being, his Ur-.  As he learned to master his perceptions through those elements, there were none that would be able to surprise him in his domain.  Thus, he changed on his own, from Ur-Drago, to Erz-Drago -- from his Proto- state, to his Arch- state.  From the original form, to the highest form.

Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD

Build Around This
I didn't get any feedback Frown
I didn't get any feedback Frown

The contest hasn't finished yet.

So cos he's dead he's now a Zombie Elemental!

Ur-Drago, The Unstoppable 

Legendary Creature - Zombie Elemental (M)

Creatures you control gain swampwalk and islandwalk.

Creatures you don't control lose swampwalk and islandwalk.

, : Choose one - Target land becomes an Island; or target land becomes a Swamp; or destroy target Island; or destroy target Swamp.

"It is no use! Our attacks are being stopped and his attacks are unstoppable!"

6/6

cheers  

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

About 24 hours left. Give or take. I'm bad at math.
Ur-Drago, Herald of the Fens

Creature - Elemental Knight

Swampwalk
Lands your opponent's control are swamps in addition to their other types.
Lands you control lose all subtypes and gain ": Add () to your mana pool."

"May this ground be purified of the horror of life."

6/6
Closed! Grades imminent.

Some great entries this round! Ur-Drago is a hard one to stay in-flavor, and a number of you did this admirably. I didn't think that going with an 'out-there' concept was bad for this guy either. It rarely is for Legends legends with little to no backstory. Even then, to quote the immortal Imidazoline: "Ignore all history: Make weirdo card."

...man, gotta work on my transitions.

The winner, in a much heated, much contested fight between Dudibus and Elzaban_the_Ethereal is....

Elz! Again! Will someone please dethrone him?

Now, onto grades.

[spoiler vlord]

Ur-Drago, Herald of the Fens

Creature - Elemental Knight

Swampwalk
Lands your opponent's control are swamps in addition to their other types.
Lands you control lose all subtypes and gain ": Add () to your mana pool."

"May this ground be purified of the horror of life."

6/6

[/spoiler]

There's a lot this card has going for it, but there's one thing that truly bothers me: the bonus of turning your lands into perma-duals is worded like a drawback. I mean, I know it's a bonus: losing subtypes automatically makes it so you can block those Swampwalkers and Islandwalkers, since you have neither. It is still a drawback: If you play this not as a commander, but as an add-in in your Sol'Kanar, the Swamp King deck as a flavor throw-in (he does 'bring fens' and all), then suddenly all your Mountains are turned off. Good attempt but has too many unintended consequences to be great. Two big plusses: changed him to an Elemental Knight (Kulrath Knight anyone?) and awesome flavor text.

Grade: 6

[spoiler -TheFlameReaper-]

So cos he's dead he's now a Zombie Elemental!

Ur-Drago, The Unstoppable

Legendary Creature - Zombie Elemental (M)

Creatures you control gain swampwalk and islandwalk.
Creatures you don't control lose swampwalk and islandwalk.
, : Choose one - Target land becomes an Island; or target land becomes a Swamp; or destroy target Island; or destroy target Swamp.

"It is no use! Our attacks are being stopped and his attacks are unstoppable!"

6/6

cheers

[/spoiler]

Also a big fan of 'Zombie Elemental' here, even though I'm not quite sure how a dead elemental can be raised, but oh well. The card has an excellent name, but feels a touch disjointed. It's using a variant of the mechanic found on cards like Bounty Hunter and Stalking Assassin: it marks you for destruction. Overall seems a nice touch, but sadly the one thing I hated most about this card is it's tie with landwalk. I do commend the use of the feel-good technique of granting your side things instead of taking away things. Overall decent job.

[spoiler Imidazoline]

Ur-Drago, Pain Focus |
Flying, hexproof
Whenever you lose life, put that many +1/+1 counters on Ur-Drago, Pain Focus.
When Ur-Drago's power is greater than your life total, sacrifice him.
5/5

[/spoiler]

I really like the way this looks to play. It's original, has combo potential, and is concise. I can't help but notice that, save for 'hexproof', this guy really feels mono-black. The 'hexproof' feels like a token nod to another color in the form of a creature keyword; a technique I'm also guilty of using, and always feel bad doing it. Also, somehow he flies now? I don't want to sound too negative, because this is one of the best designs submitted, but while I think it's a great design, it's just not really for Ur-Drago.

Grade: 7

[spoiler purplebackpack89]

This guy's name is screaming, "Turn me into a Dragon!" So I turned him into a dragon, and made it so that the three most common block evasions (flying, intimidate, and landwalk) won't do any good against your creatures. With that, and having three abilties, I kept the P/T at 4/4

Ur-Drago, Guardian of Dominaria
Legendary Creature-Elemental Dragon
Flying, first strike, intimidate
Other creatures you control are all colors, have reach, and can block creatures with landwalk as if they didn’t have landwalk.
4/4

[/spoiler]

Again, another awesome creature type change! I'm happy to see these for this guy; a lot of you, I'm sure, said "He's an elemental?!? What the deuce?" The name/color mismatch is a bit jarring, as is his predominantly defensive stance in evasive colors. I'm on the fence about those three keywords together on a card, too...flying is already evasive, so intimidate seems a touch redundant. Finally, if you do manage to block him, there's first strike muddying the waters. I lean towards 'awesome' here just because it's quite flavorful for something like a Spirit Dragon to have that sort of play. That's not this guy though.

Grade: 4

[spoiler FirstTurnKill]

Erz-Drago |
Double strike
4/4

Since we're changing names, I felt it appropriate to consider color changes, as well. Not dissimilar to the way other legends have changed in the past. Additionally, to make it as mechanically close as possible, I decided it no longer belonged in its original colors.

[/spoiler]

I liked FTK's write-up of how Ur-Drago morphs into Super Sayan Ur-Drago. Without that write-up, I felt a little lost in how/why he changed. I can't fault FTK for jumping in on the 'defensive' nature of this guy, despite him not being in defensive colors at all. He's still not in defensive colors. I mean, since when did Rakdos colors care about defending? They just got Unleash, for crepes' sake! The line of text does read great, though, and while I don't think he invites 'build around me', he does come out nicely as a complete package.

[spoiler Dudibus]

Ur-Drago, the Ethereal
Creatures you control are unblockable and may block unblockable creatures as if they were not unblockable.
4/4

[/spoiler]

There's a particular skill in creating a card that both invites you to build around it, and also can play a role in a deck with another sort of general. I think this card hits both quite well, despite not being terribly groundbreaking. This card, for all intents and purposes, acts like Sun Quan, Lord of Wu for your team, and in the colors who have the most & best saboteur creatures (specters and Ophidians baby!) I have to remove points because of how unintuitive the second half of that clause is. For instance, if you have landwalk, does that make your guy unblockable? How about 'conditional' unblockability, such as Ma Chao, Western Warrior (yea, diggin deep!). Anyway, quite a nice card for Ur-Drago.

Grade: 8

[spoiler Elzaban, Slayer of Contests]

Ur-Drago, Bane of Efrava
Legendary Creature - Elemental M
First strike
Creatures your opponents control attack each combat if able.
After you declare blockers, if Ur-Drago, Bane of Efrava is untapped and isn’t blocking, all unblocked creatures attacking you become blocked by it. Put four +1/+1 counters on it for each creature it blocks this way beyond the first.
4/4

It looks like that because killing cats is far too specific to be implemented in a Commander who's that expensive, and giving him "catwalk" would have been way too tongue-in-cheek, so instead it's a suped-up version of his original ability, transforming him into a Commander who's defensive at first, in order to wipe the field and leave you with a super-power to attack with. For references, unblockable creatures can become blocked due to abilities (Comp. Rules 700.5).

[/spoiler]

Oh Elz. His powers of card creation are swoonworthy. Unlike the line above about unblockability, Elzaban implements the ability to block 'unblockables' in a flavorful way. Guys get past your defenses? Ur-Drago'll get 'em! This guy will get out of hand very soon, however, so I worry about the balance. The ability, though, is top notch. First strike is a bit of a stretch in those colors, but black gets it at high rarities and on knights....SO WHY ISN'T THIS A KNIGHT, ELZ? HUH?

Good job.

Grade: 9

[spoiler ConfusedAsUsual]

He/she/it is an elemental?

Ur-Drago, Swampking -
Swampwalk
Non-basic lands are swamp.
: Each player sacrifices a swamp or a creature.
: Exchange control of two target lands.
4/5

[/spoiler]

This card is a bit of a mishmash, but I do like the line: 'Each player sacrifices a creature or Swamp'. We have another version of Ur that instead of stopping landwalk, instead ensures that he can get in there; a much better flavor addition than defensive-minded versions. The 'exchange lands' clause is strange, since it's essentially Political Trickery on a stick. Not sure why that's there. Also, can't call him the Swamp King, bud.

[spoiler Ulcaster]

Ur-Drago, the Destroyer
Legendary Creature- Elemental Knight
Other creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain Swampwalk.
: Target land becomes the basic land type of your choice until end of turn.
His potential reached, he begins a new age of darkness.
6/6

[/spoiler]

This card is likewise confusing. Why do I want a 7-mana, 6/6 legendary Reef Shaman? Why is he a 'Destroyer' if he's just reef shamaning? I tend to dislike giving a blanket creature lord to , since these aren't the 'play well together' colors. That, incidentally, is something else that sets Elz's submission above Dudibus' entry. However...Elemental Knight? +1 point!

[spoiler Fenix.]

Ur-Drago, the Swampbringer
All creatures are swamps in addition to their other types.
Creatures you control have "whenever a swamp attacks, you may untap this creature."
"Swamped!"
3/7

[/spoiler]

Fenix decided to do away with Ur's blue mana entirely and go mono black, and boy did he mono black it. Problem is, the card feels like it's Polymorphing creatures into swamps, which is totally blue! Also, giving creatures the ability to untap...likewise very blue. If there's ONE entry that really belongs in , it's this one! The irony...oh the irony!

Also, the flavor text sucks.

Grade: 5

[spoiler Nukeshooter]

What does the basic Ur-Drago do? He makes your opponent's creatures less good. This guy does that too, but instead of affecting other creatures, he gets to choose whatever effect will make him the most dangerous. Also it was hard to find a way to make 4/4 worth 7 mana!

Ur-Drago of the Many Paths
As Ur-Drago of the Many Paths enters the battlefield, choose one - First strike, flying, deathtouch, shroud, or intimidate. Ur-Drago enters the battlefield with the chosen ability.
, Sacrifice another creature you control: Exile ~, then return him to the battlefield under his owner's control.
4/4

[/spoiler]

I like cards that are noodly like this one a lot, but they're not necessarily good design. I'm liable to forget which mode he has, even if I look forward to resetting him after I steal my opponent's best dude with Overtaker. Both blue and white have blinking effects, and this creature 'improves' by changing modes in mid-fight, which I like. Nuke also correctly chose to NOT dull other creatures OR be a blanket creature lord. The abilities are also a bit rendundant: Flying and intimidate, and shroud and 'blink' step on each other's toes. Overall nice design though!

[spoiler trinc]

Ur-Drago, the Gatekeeper
Legendary Creature - Elemental (MR)
First Strike
Creatures you control may block creatures with landwalk, fear, unblockable, and flying as though they did not have those abilities.
Always vigilant, never unwary, always observing, never with oversight.
7/4

Ur-Drago drank some Tsabo juice and suddenly your dudes can block a bunch of evasion abilities. I've stated above that I'm not a fan of blue/black blanket creature lords (a creature which gives ALL your creatures abilities) and this one feels heavier and more unwieldy than most. The quote is nice, and I like the name; I do wish the flavor felt a bit more unique & pushed...possibly through mechanics? Good try but probably would have benefited from a few more passes.

Grade: 4

Thanx for the feedback!
I still wanted landwalk on it as i like being original
Congratz Elz for winning 

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

I can't help but notice that, save for 'hexproof', this guy really feels mono-black. The 'hexproof' feels like a token nod to another color in the form of a creature keyword; a technique I'm also guilty of using, and always feel bad doing it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did.

Good contest Scion, will watch for the next one.

SO WHY ISN'T THIS A KNIGHT, ELZ? HUH?

I subscribe to the Planar Chaos color pie and no one can stop me.

Also, yeah, I agree with you about the balance issues. I'd actually been thinking "Ur-Drago gets +4/+4 until end of your next turn for each creature it blocks this way beyond the first." but, the memory issues, they aren't good.
Sign In to post comments