[GTC-ICD] Merciless Eviction

72 posts / 0 new
Last post

Merciless Eviction

Sorcery (R)

Choose one - Exile all artifacts; or exile all creatures; or exile all enchantments; or exile all planeswalkers.

"I once saw the Obzedat moved to action. Since that day, I've been thankful that they're mainly lazy, and dead." - Aurelia, to Gideon Jura

Source: @wizards_magic 

EDIT: Added text spoiler.
An artifact boardwipe, a creature boardwipe, an enchantment boardwipe, or a planeswalker boardwipe.

Yeah, I'll take it. 

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

Holy crap. /speechless
TOO EXPENSIVE WIZARDS

JUST TOO DAWRN EXPENSIVE

I love its versatility. Kicks the crap out of Final Judgement.
So what everyone thought was Culling Sun is instead something similar, but weird.  I *think* it might be good enough to see play somewhere in Constructed formats, and seems like it could be nasty in EDH. 

And bloody awesome in long-game Orzhov limited.
Unfortunately unplayable. Too expensive. Maybe if it said choose two, playable at choose one or more. As-is, depressing jank.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Unfortunately unplayable. Too expensive. Maybe if it said choose two, playable at choose one or more. As-is, depressing jank.

I'm inclined to disagree, it's the same CMC as Final Judgment but is easier to splash if you're in a black or a white deck and provides an additional 3 options. Yes it's expensive but given the entire point of Orzhov is to stall the board and play the long game I think this could find a home.
I Like it!
Why only choose one? why we can't choose two? Cry

Anyway, most of time this card is used as Final Judgment, maybe exile all of artifact in Commander, but exile all planeswalker? how many planeswalker you gonna see anyway?
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Does this replace Austere Command in my Orzhov EDH?

Not sure it'll see much standard play. Competes with Terminus' upside, and otherwise too expensive to rely on as a sweeper.
at 6 mana seems expensive for a board wipe, but it exiles everything on the board so that makes up for the high cost, take that regeneration and indestrucabilty.
Regenerate and Indestructible aren't problems that need answering. Still doesn't answer Thragtusk.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Eh. 6CC kinda makes me a little sad, but I'll take it.
lacks Entwine ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
Hmm, I don't know. Depending on how good Orz is at control and keeping the game going on, this card may or may not see real standard play. It is a great card for sure. Depends on the rest of the deck to see how often this can be pulled off though.
Great card. Sure to be an EDH staple. Probably not going to see play in current standard, but things could definitely reach a point where you want it.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
6 mana is too much for any of these effects. 

Mass enchant removal is cheap

Mass creature removal needs to be less than 6. 

when you you remove more than 1 PW anyway? 

Shatterstorm was rarely played. 
might be a 1-of alongside terminus? exile all walkers is pretty good for control mirrors too. i definitely dig it.
Oooo- more Terminus. It's a mass Vindicate- VERY flavorful. I actually predicted a 6 drop that only removed creatures, and then Cremated them, this is much more powerful.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Should have only cost 4 or 5.

Cool effects, but at 6 I am not sure how much play this will actually see.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

The point is that all the effects are on one card. It answers everything on the board that needs answering. 6CMC isn't too much to put one or two of these in a control deck.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

The point is that all the effects are on one card. It answers everything on the board that needs answering. 6CMC isn't too much to put one or two of these in a control deck.

I'm thinking about using it in decks that aren't :W: or aren't :B: and can just use a mana source to make it work.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
the remove planeswalker part makes this playable in control mirrors.
now that I think about it planar cleansing is probably better, less mana intensive, wipes EVERYTHING, down sides would be that it doesn't stop regneration and indestructability or if you wanted to keep your artifacts on the field which is where this card would be better.
Even with ramp this comes 1 turn too late to stop aggro.
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
The great thing about this card is it allows you to hose their specific strategy whatever it might be while leaving your intact (provided they aren't the same).

If they're dropping Detention Sphere and Oblivion Ring and Sphere of Safety you can hose them while leaving a lot of your stuff intact.

If they're playing Superfriends you can clear the board of their Walkers

If they're wrathing the board over and over again and relying on their Keyrunes, you can hose that too.

The options are what make it great, and what make it worth 6. 
I think at 5 this would be great.
Meh more crap specifically designed for EDH.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I knew someone would say that

And yes. Even putting them all on the same card. 6 mana is too much. 
as everyone says, i agree it is too expensive to cast. should have been WWBB or 2WWB or 3WB. it might find its place on SB though.
it could have worked at 5 mana
still, Final Judgment is fine as well
proud member of the 2011 community team
Lots of options but I do not actually think it works well with the Orzhov wait and bleed tactic because it exiles their creatures too.  Unless you are holding most of your cards until turn 6 so you can wipe your opponent's board, this hoses all of those little extort enablers you have set up.  I believe we have only seen extort on one non-creature card?  Still more to be revealed but ... eh.
was there a time an 'exile all creatures' effect at 6 wasn't playable?  this is worse than terminus, but 6 mana is still perfectly fair for the effect.
I think this mana cost is perfectly good, I just don't think this card does anything you want in Standard that Terminus doesn't do better. I could be wrong.
More than makes up for orzhov charm

3DH4LIF3

Gets rid of all those pesky Darksteel Relic s
I think a Junk control deck is going to make a huge splash on standard...
was there a time an 'exile all creatures' effect at 6 wasn't playable?  this is worse than terminus, but 6 mana is still perfectly fair for the effect.

I literally can't think of a single 6 CMC wrath that hasn't seen standard play myself.  Although Planar Cleansing is pretty close (shows up in top 8s occasionally, but it's very rare).

That said, if you're playing black this is straight up better than Final Judgment which was heavily played, and the exile effect is very relevant right now with all the undying in the format, AND unlike Final Judgement, Standard doesn't have Wrath of God in it right now (without splashing blue).  Competition from Terminus is probably the biggest strike against this card, but "run both" is certainly an attitude that got Final Judgment played alongside WoG.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Orzhov Charm is fine. This card is fine.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
This card is really, really good.  Versatility is worth paying for.  This answers any problematic permanents.  Having yoru maindeck wraths not be dead against control is a pretty big game.

Orzhov Charm is fine. This card is fine.

Orzhov Charm is fine.  This card is not.