Can a templar get shield proficiency?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK, they don't start out with shield proficiency but battle clerics do, fine.

But in the online CB, my templar can't select "Armor Proficiency: Light Shields" even with the 13 STR prerequisite.

Is this correct or is it a bug in the CB?    If it is correct, does that mean that some classes can simply never learn shield proficiency?  If that's true, it seems kinda silly.
Its a bug. Any character (including Templar) can take Shield Proficiency: Light if they meet the prerequisit, unless you already have proficiency through other means.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

OK, they don't start out with shield proficiency but battle clerics do, fine.

But in the online CB, my templar can't select "Armor Proficiency: Light Shields" even with the 13 STR prerequisite.

Is this correct or is it a bug in the CB?    If it is correct, does that mean that some classes can simply never learn shield proficiency?  If that's true, it seems kinda silly.

Mind if I ask why you are not taking BCL?  Also, what level are you starting at and did you have 13STR from level 1?
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
If you paste your character summary here, we might be able to see what is preventing you from taking the feat.

Do you happen to be a Shield Dwarf by any chance ? I ask because they gain proficiency with the light shield.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Sign In to post comments