What is the Essence of a Thief Deck?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I'm going for another causual'ish deck for my friend, now that Scion is nearly complete. And I've been having trouble with my search terms in gatherer. You seems to loose out on steal cards because of the search options of others and then it still leaves in crap you're not looking for. So I was wondering what are the core theif cards in EDH.

I'm also concidering Herald of Leshrac, since she's almost always be playing multi. So I'm looking for a straight up land sac card to go with it, not Seismic Assault.
Thada Adel, Acquisitor is the best one that comes to mind. Other than that, can you be more specific? Are talking stuff from graveyards, library, play or all three?
Anywhere and everywhere I can to use their own deck against them.
I like that merfolk already, never seen him before.
Reins of Power, Word of Command, and Mindslaver popped into my head.
Well, you're probably better off picking a set of colours to help narrow things down ;) It's traditionally a black/blue effect, with temporary steal found in red. That also leaves you in Grixis, which is fairly well supported. That said, there aren't many applicable generals for that effect in those colours.

That said, Merieke Ri Berit can be abused fairly well to steal stuff - I've got my own tinkered version here that I've never actually built. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/creature-snafflin-with-merieke/

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

She's looks just right, realy cheap too. Any other good library steals you'd recomend?
She's looks just right, realy cheap too. Any other good library steals you'd recomend?

Praetor's Grasp is the only other thing I can think of that steals from the library, but I'm not looking too hard and this kind of deck is out of my stronger colors (Primarily a green allied player)

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

I like Stolen Goods.  It's not as busted as Bribery and I like the randomness of it.  Fiend of the Shadows and the upcoming Diluvian Primordial could be fun.  There are, of course, plenty of cards that let you steal permanents (Volition Reins) or mess with a spell's targets (Redirect).

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Sign In to post comments