Looking for some advice on the Pack Instinct deck.....

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I apologize if this isnt the right place to post this topic, but i am looking for some help on building a 60 card Pack instinct deck in Magic online: Duels of the planewalkers 2013. Any help or advice is appreciated.
I apologize if this isnt the right place to post this topic, but i am looking for some help on building a 60 card Pack instinct deck in Magic online: Duels of the planewalkers 2013. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You're in the wrong place. You posted in the Magic Online forums when you wanted the Duels of the Planeswalker forums. I'll move the thread for you.

To answer your question, there's a pretty big thread on Pack Instinct that you can find HERE. If you've got specific questions feel free to reply here and I'm sure they'll get answered.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

What exactly do you want? A good list to copy or advice on making your own? If it's the latter, I need a little more information on what you're trying to do with it, and don't say "win" :P
There is an entire thread dedicated to the discussion of Garruk's Pack Instinct deck (as well as threads for every other deck.) The easiest way to find it is to go to the "useful links" thread stickied on the first page of the Duels of the Planeswalkers forums. In there, follow the "deck build and discussions" link, and then select Garruk from there. 

I find it easiest to start at the last page and work your way back. The last pages tend to contain the deck builds and discussions most relevant to the current meta game.

All that being said, you basically need to decide how you want to run the deck. I personally run it by trying to ramp up to as many lands as possible while utilizing the cards that benefit the most from the large number of lands or from landfall. I win most of my games using Avenger of Zendikar and Howl of the Night Pack in conjunction with Biorhythm . The huge creatures are a threat of trampling over the top regardless, while the massive amount of tokens this deck can generate in one turn can quickly flood the enemies defense and are less susceptible to spot removal. This good blend means that without both mass removal AND spot removal, they will have trouble staying alive. My builds weakness is that without good ramp or facing early pressure, I'm helpless.
I win most of my games using Avenger of Zendikar and Howl of the Night Pack in conjunction with Biorhythm .

AoZ is a beast if he lives just long enough for 1 landfall   

I've dropped him before, followed by a forest, followed on the next turn by Boundless Realms . Quite the satisfying feeling.
There are threads for each deck which will be a big help in learning how to build the deck in different ways.

It's a good starter deck if you're just learning since there aren't a lot of combat tricks you have to worry about. You'll probably not end up getting a lot of wins online with it, though. 
There are threads for each deck which will be a big help in learning how to build the deck in different ways.

It's a good starter deck if you're just learning since there aren't a lot of combat tricks you have to worry about. You'll probably not end up getting a lot of wins online with it, though. 

Blasphemy

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Seconded. I play that deck more than any other, and I easily win the large majority of my games with it (easily a large majority, not easily win....my slow early game means it usually comes down to a turn or two either way)
Seconded. I play that deck more than any other, and I easily win the large majority of my games with it (easily a large majority, not easily win....my slow early game means it usually comes down to a turn or two either way)

I run the Little Big Green version of this deck just for that reason.  It'll beat any deck but the version you run.  The mirror match for me is really the only match I don't look forward to.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Blasphemy

Agreed.  I love this deck. 
Sign In to post comments