combat damage

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
What counts as combat damage? Would a creature equiped with mage slayer deal combat damage twice?
combat damage is the damage dealt as a turn based action in the combat damage step
a creature with Mage Slayer will deal combat damage only once, the trigger from Mage Slayer is not combat damage, even if it is during the combat phase (in the declare attackers step to be precise)
proud member of the 2011 community team
What counts as combat damage?

Combat damage is the damage that creatures deal in the combat damage step as a result of being an attacking or blocking creature.
Would a creature equiped with mage slayer deal combat damage twice?

No, but a creature with double strike does.

Then if i block a creature with my cunning sparkmage and then tap it in the combat damage step, would the damage count as combat damage?
no, combat damage is the damage dealt during the turn based action of the combat damage step and only that damage.

The damage dealt by Sparkmage's activated ability does not occur as part of the turn based action even if it occured during a combat damage step.

and before you ask fight damage (Prey Upon) is not combat damage either 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Here's the CR's glossary definition
Combat Damage:
Damage dealt during the combat damage step by attacking creatures and blocking creatures as a consequence of combat. See rule 510, “Combat Damage Step.”

Abilties may modify combat damage.  They may be triggered by some part of the Combat Phase.  The may be activated during the Combat Phase, but they are never combat damage.
I was actually going to ask about stalking vengeance because cyphern said "as a result of being an attacking or blocking creature".
Ok thanks.
Sign In to post comments