Help with name?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok can't think if a single name fore it. Please help!
???

Legendary artifact (M)

, : Put a spark counter on target creature.
, : Remove a spark counter from target creature and sacrifice it. Flip a coin. If you win the flip, put a planeswlker card from your hand onto the battlefield which shares a color with the sacrificed creature.

"A spark can be in anyone. The question is can they ignite it?"
-Rune Inscription

Cheers

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

[noun] of Alchemic Ascension?

Founder - but not owner - of Just Say Yes!

Member of LGBT Gamers

Odds are, if 4-6 people can't figure out an answer you thought was obvious, you screwed up, not them. - JeffGroves
Which is why a DM should present problems to solve, not solutions to find. -FlatFoot
Why there should be the option to use alignment systems:
Show
If some people are heavily benefiting from the inclusion of alignment, then it would behoove those that AREN'T to listen up and pay attention to how those benefits are being created and enjoyed, no? -YagamiFire
But equally important would be for those who do enjoy those benefits to entertain the possibility that other people do not value those benefits equally or, possibly, do not see them as benefits in the first place. -wrecan (RIP)
That makes sense. However, it is not fair to continually attack those that benefit for being, somehow, deviant for deriving enjoyment from something that you cannot. Instead, alignment is continually attacked...it is demonized...and those that use it are lumped in with it.

I think there is more merit in a situation where someone says "This doesn't work! It's broken!" and the reply is "Actually it works fine for me. Have you considered your approach might be causing it?"

than a situation where someone says "I use this system and the way I use it works really well!" and the back and forth is "No! It is a broken bad system!" -YagamiFire

Hm... Part of the problem here is that I think you're trying to show someone ascend. But it doesn't really make sense that an artifact would be able to grant someone the Spark. 

What if you concepted this as a way of summoning a 'walker that has some relationship to the creature sacrificed? Like a sort of beacon or ansible? Sooo... "Aether Beacon," "Memento of Eternity," "Blind Curio," "Wanderer's Keepsake," "Eternity Beacon,"...

Although, I guess it could just be something that facilitated the recognition and ignition of sparks that are already there, in which case you might concept it as a lens of sorts maybe? "Ascention Lens," "Ascention Crucible," "Lens of the Blind," (I kinda like that one, but you would need to explain it in the flavor text since a lot of people won't get it) or something more symbolic of unlocking existent power? "Ascention Key," "Wanderer's Key," "Crown of Branching Paths" (works with the Planeswalker symbol...)

Does any of this help? 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
What was the machine Memnarch made to transfer sparks around?

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Another problem with this card is that because Planeswalker cards don't have creature types, there's no way to check if the creature you're sacrificing is the same species as the walker.
Which is weird.

What? LIZARD is evolving?

*dun dun dun dun dun dun DUUUN*

Your LIZARD evolved into ALBINO CAT-MAN!

*dun dun dun DUN da da DUN da da DUN*

Feels weird, man.   

What was the machine Memnarch made to transfer sparks around?

Mirrodin

I might be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that he converted most of the plane into that particular machine.
Yeah, I think it ended up being a little vague, but if I remember correctly it's implied that the transference happened because a significant portion of Mirrodin was created to make the transference possible. At the very least, much of the core was dedicated to the transfer. And even then Memnarch needed to steal someone else's Spark to get one; he couldn't make one of his own. Neither could The Ineffable.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
The Aether Beacon

Legendary artifact (M)

, : Put a spark counter on target creature.
Whenever a creature with a spark counter dies, flip a coin. If you win the flip, put a planeswlker card from your hand onto the battlefield which shares a color with the sacrificed creature.

"A spark can be in anyone. The question is can they ignite it?"
-Inscription in the cave wall

Tweaked the card a little.

So decided to go with KeeperOfManyNames' Aether Beacon. So The Aether Beacon is like in a cave so it explains the flavor.

HairlessThoctar you misread the text. It's a creature which shares a color with a planeswalker not a creature type.

So wat bout it's design is it ok?
Feel free to discuss

Cheers

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

HairlessThoctar you misread the text. It's a creature which shares a color with a planeswalker not a creature type.

Well yeah, that's a given; walkers don't have creature types.

My complaint is that the flavor fails.

A goblin shouldn't be ascending to become Chandra, that makes no sense.   

The mechanics of the card are fine, and I appreciate what you're trying to do with it, but it creates a terminal case of "Ooze in Boots" syndrome.
Sign In to post comments