Does anybody here still play DS3.5e?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Weither is it 3.5e from Athas.org or from paizo, I was wondering how many of you still GM a game (or play).

I'm not just asking out of curiousity, but to know if there are still some material around I could use from the community. I like creating characters, but not fleshing out the numbers (but I do it when I have to). When peoples have material already done, I don't mind a little leeching... ;) Particularly if it's NPCs.

I am going to grab everything you have around and will eventually this year update my web site (siltskimmer.org) with fans made material in updating my old old html web site to something a little newer.

If you have something in your computer I can use, even if it's something small, I'm taker.

I'm good to build story, but not with numbers... I have two excellents players that know D&D3.5e on the tip of their fingers; they do the searching for me Cool
The Siltskimmer Page - www.siltskimmer.org
The Magazines are still on Paizo's website (google up Dark Sun mini game) for $5 each and Athas.org is always free.  As for community material?  Well, the Athas.org forum used to be the best place to do that.  I'd say wait for the admin to archive it (since it's shut down now)  As for Dark Sun, I run it with PF and 4th now (albeit, I use the 2e lore with a hint of stuff yoinked from Paizo's version)

The Knights of W.T.F. may as well be ghosts, but the message still stays;

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
Hey, no worry, I got all of this. I'm an old pal over here ;)

I am just looking for home made 3.5 DS material. 
Hum... I just badly read the news on athas.org I think then? Aren't they just closing the forum?
Bummer about the forums, ya know?  As for DS homebrew?  I can't think of other sites that would really have it besides Athas.  If you're lucky, some 2E modules were updated to 3e.  If you're into the video games, there's the NWN1/2 Dark Sun servers.  I think Athas Alive is defunct though.

The Knights of W.T.F. may as well be ghosts, but the message still stays;

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
I still GM a weekly 3.5e Dark Sun game. It's been going since 2007.

There are a lot of NPCs you can steal stats for in the material from athas.org. In particular, the Faces of the Forgotten North and the Dregoth Ascending adventures are full of NPC stat blocks.

However, I also make up a lot NPCs with quick stats by CR and by adding a special power or two. This is like making 4e creatures and I find it generally more efficient than trying to make proper 3.5e stat blocks.

I use the second tab from this spreadsheet to do this:
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoe...
My Dark Sun adventures published in Dungeon magazine.
Already checked them out. It's why I am looking for Fan made stuff.

I will check your link!

Thanks. 
I'm still 2e and happy with it!
Famous Athasian last words: "Hey, you're wrong. I know elves, I've played AD&D for eight years. They're noble, sylvan creatures who will honor their word." In the desert, everything's further than it looks.
Long time no see Ral! Still have a running campaign (with leechable material? ;) )?
Long time no see Ral! Still have a running campaign (with leechable material? ;) )?

Not really; I'm reading Plutarch's Fall of the Roman Republic with some good noble to noble backstabbing in it.  Thinking of creating a game in which the SK is temporarily absent and the nobles plot and war with each other for the throne...

Famous Athasian last words: "Hey, you're wrong. I know elves, I've played AD&D for eight years. They're noble, sylvan creatures who will honor their word." In the desert, everything's further than it looks.