[ICD] - Mindfield

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Probably going to be in one of my sets. . .

Mindfield

Enchantment (R or M)
Players may cast their opponent's permanents as if they were in their (i.e. the players) hands.

"You'll need more than the power to detect metal to get through this alive."
- YET TO BE DECIDED, DEPENDS ON SET CHOICE

Wasn't sure about color. Kinda wanted three colours. At first I thought Red might be off, but Red is all about wacky control things so I dunno. Oh, and for those of you who know the Sets I'm working on which do you think it belongs in the most?

M'Nool - The Forgotten Plane
The Euclidean Plane - A Set About Math
Narcoxia - A Plane Plagued By Nigh Universal Chemical Dependency

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Nice card!
I'll say go with Narcoxia - A Plane Plagued By Nigh Universal Chemical Dependency as maybe the chemicals allowed the ability for planeswalkers to cast things from other planeswalkers.

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

I know it says "cast" but should it also say "non-land" to be more specific? 

Mono blue gets confiscate and commandeer types of spells but I don't see how the card is black or red. Maybe because of it's suicidal tendancies but, still, I think it should be all five colors because of it's ability to "steal" enchantments, artifacts, creatures, planeswalkers each of those which get destroyed by and interacted with by different colors.

Very nice card concept though!
Don't be too smart to have fun
tell chaoslight that you get my nomination this week XD

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I'm not sure I understand the implications.  Does this mean I gain control of the permanent?  What is the effect of casting a permanent that is already in play? 

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
tell chaoslight that you get my nomination this week XD

What does that have to do with me, I don't make cards :O
Wording consideration:

Each player has "You may cast any permanent controlled by an opponent as though it was in your hand."

I know it says "cast" but should it also say "non-land" to be more specific?

You can't ever cast lands, so its implied in the ability. 

I'm not sure I understand the implications.  Does this mean I gain control of the permanent?  What is the effect of casting a permanent that is already in play? 

Yes, you'd gain control of the cards you're casting. The implications mostly come from ETB triggers, cast triggers, and counterspells. That and the whole "gain control" thing that occurs.
I don't like the prosepct of casting things from the battlefield, couldn't you stretch the rules less if you simply said.

"Pay target non-land permenant's mana cost that you don't control: Exile that permenant, return it to the battlefield under your control."

The cost wording could use some work,  and it doesn't interact with counterspells in the same way, but otherwise it doesn't muck around with casting things from the battlefield. Especially trying to cast Morph creatures.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
The cost wording could use some work,  and it doesn't interact with counterspells in the same way, but otherwise it doesn't muck around with casting things from the battlefield. Especially trying to cast Morph creatures.

You can't cast a face-down creature, nor could you cast a flipped permanent or a transformed permanent: they have no casting costs. However, you could Cytoshape one of them and then cast it. There's no precedence on how to handle that (or I don't know of it), but a single rule could handle it, I think. You could cast some tokens, but they'd disappear as soon as they tried to hit the stack.
You can't cast a face-down creature, nor could you cast a flipped permanent or a transformed permanent: they have no casting costs. However, you could Cytoshape one of them and then cast it. There's no precedence on how to handle that (or I don't know of it), but a single rule could handle it, I think.

If you cast a creature card from the battlefield for its mana cost, it would turn face-up when it leaves the battlefield since it becomes a new object. If a creature on the battlefield had morph, you could cast it face-down.

For complete insanity, combine this card with Confusion in the Ranks.
Rules Advisor
I think he chose to make it harder to cast, and because those colors get stealing more. (The last time green got stealing was what? Legends?)

Still, I'm sure there's a rules issue here, or at least an implementation issue.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
FlameReaper, hmmm. Yeah, thanks. That's a pretty good justification.

Mortician, yeah. I considered WUBRG but it really isn't white or green. I think Wizards has done a fairly poor job in the past with five colour cards. A lot of them could be one or two colours. I also considered colourless, but in the end, I figured it was Blue for the theft. Black for the drawback (i.e. they can cast your stuff). And Red for the Chaos.

Theatog, Thanks!

Dudibus, yes, you take that precious Saltskitter and move it to the stack. Then, if all goes well, it enters the battlefield under your control.

Rush, hmmmm. Thank you, but I'm still a little concerned. How is that better than the more traditional static wording? I'm all for improving on traditions, but. . . Oh, wait. I see how it might be better. Okay, I'll consider the wording change. Thanks again.

Doctor, well, you can cast things from graveyards and every now and then from exile and even library. Why shouldn't you be able to do so from the battlefield?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
This may sound wierd, but I'd make it W/B. I'm not sure where the W is coming from, but it feels like "I'm going to make a deal with you, and that deal is going to be very fair. Only of course I am going to benefit from it more than you."

Call it "Joint Stock Corporation" or something. 
Naw dawg - here is the WB version:

(just for you)

Joint Stock Corporation
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player reveals his or her hand. Each of that player's opponents may cast a spell revealed this way without paying its mana cost.

"BuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySell
BuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySellBuySell!"
- Memnarch, Broken

Although, I think that one is U as well.

139359831 wrote: