[ICD] Undercity Enforcer

45 posts / 0 new
Last post

Undercity Enforcer
Creature - Human Rogue (U)
, Sacrifice a creature: Target player reveals cards from the top of her or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
"Scandal and slander are never welcome news. That's why I'm never the messenger."
2/3

I thought it was a 2/1 and was unimpressed, but a 2/3 is pretty solid.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Okay mill engine for those decks that dare to run it.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Fairly interesting I could see this being use in constructed and edh.
http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg
"informer", not enforcer

i don't see why you would ever want to give up your apparent board state for what will never make it.
Sometimes, you just need a 2/3 for your deck, and when you do, this guy works splendidly.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
The little black sac outlets keep getting better...
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Limited out-of-nowhere bomb.  Given how efficient it is to cast (Could do a lot worse that 2/3 for 3 that is easily splashed), and a cheap-to-activate ability, this could get pretty intense.  Add in the Guildmage for ridiculousness, others.

My hopes for Dimir in limited have risen a little.  Just a little. 
Good with Lazav, someone will try to make a deck out of this.
could be awsome with undead alchemist
Limited out-of-nowhere bomb.  Given how efficient it is to cast (Could do a lot worse that 2/3 for 3 that is easily splashed), and a cheap-to-activate ability, this could get pretty intense.  Add in the Guildmage for ridiculousness, others.

How's this a bomb? Unless you have a Call of the Nightwing engine running full throttle, it will be difficult to find the 10 or so sacrifices necessary to mill the opponent out.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
wait.. TARGET player? sac gravecrawlers (or blood ghast in modern for the vengevine decks) to add more to your grave, or it is a mill engine if you can get past their defence. Needs a steady stream of creatures. Could be used in reanimator or golgari decks... or anything really that you want stuff in grave. Interesting card.
It's interesting how much they're using this specific mill engine in this set.
moar Chainsaw, neat.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

How's this a bomb? Unless you have a Call of the Nightwing engine running full throttle, it will be difficult to find the 10 or so sacrifices necessary to mill the opponent out.

Bomb may have been an overstatement actually.  I'll admit, as it doesn't end the game itself.

Perhaps "Very solid in limited" is a far better term.  :P  I tend to use "Bomb" in many ways.
wait.. TARGET player? sac gravecrawlers (or blood ghast in modern for the vengevine decks) to add more to your grave, or it is a mill engine if you can get past their defence. Needs a steady stream of creatures. Could be used in reanimator or golgari decks... or anything really that you want stuff in grave. Interesting card.

While that may sound nice in theory, there are better ways to mill yourself out in Modern.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).

Undercity Enforcer
Creature - Human Rogue (U)
, Sacrifice a creature: Target player reveals cards from the top of her or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
"Scandal and slander are never welcome news. That's why I'm never the messenger."
2/3

YES! A 3 drop, non 1 toughness sacrificial outlet for my Havengul Lich+Heartless Summoning Deck! The is a bit expensive though, but oh well.

In theory that sounds nice, but there are better ways to mill yourself out in Modern.

But this at least ensures that you only mill out 1 land. Mulch is better I guess.
It's monoblack milling. Black doesn't get milling very often, especially not at lower rarities. This looks like a solid Dimir card. And in Modern, there are cards with which this can combine very well:

Blood Artist
Bloodchief Ascension
Duskmantle Guildmage
Myr Sire
Trading Post

Reminds me of Claws of Gix. If this guy is out, you can sac any of your soon to be dead creatures.
This card is awful, how could any of you say its not?
He's informing your chump blockers that they're going on a trip to the miller.
I still think is horribly expensive to make it chainable in combos; but at least it'll survive the heartless summoning... 
intersting with that new rat ogre geberater. almost def. not competitive, but fun nonetheless.
I am Blue/Black
illusionist's bracers, lol
It's interesting how much they're using this specific mill engine in this set.

It's because this ability used to be Dimir's keyword (called Grind), until they killed it and replaced it with Cipher.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

Because idiots thing milling is fun and a fun way to play magic. 

Absolutely- it's just that chainsaw effects are exciting for people not playing necessarily to win. I considered it for the Humanimator strategy, because the 3 drop is soft, but even then it's just to set up a real play by reanimating the angel, and Goldnight Commander
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

Well, that's not a very nice thing to say. It may not be a very good way to play magic, but some people might think it's fun. That doesn't make them idiots.

In any case, would've liked it better if it milled all players.
I am Blue/Black
pretty sweet card, i like 2/3s for 3 with upside.
I find it odd how few people are looking at the obvious combo with Undead Alchemist here. One person pointed it out but no one replied to their post.

The combo is pretty savage honestly.
I find it odd how few people are looking at the obvious combo with Undead Alchemist here. One person pointed it out but no one replied to their post.

The combo is pretty savage honestly.

Oh wow, that is pretty good. Yeah, if someone else is not going to abuse it then I will after I get my Gruul stuff.

Even without the combo this card is not bad. If you want a creature that can mill on turn 3 this is about as good as you can ask for.
Well, another Grind card, but at least its stats are perfectly Limited playable.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
2/3 for 3 with all upside? Yes please.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

In theory that sounds nice, but there are better ways to mill yourself out in Modern.

But this at least ensures that you only mill out 1 land. Mulch is better I guess.

Conversely, you could potentially only mill out that 1 land. Dredge is all you need for milling in Modern, and Legacy.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).

This post reeks of idiocy.
Pretty good miller. Combo with tokens or creatures that like to die.
My dream scenario with this would involve duskmantle guildmage, nightwing call on dimir keyrune. And 6 mana.
I play for fun
This will be really solid in limited.  I mean at worst it's a 2/3 for 3 which isn't bad.  And if you have any mana open any creature of yours that's about to die becomes a mill engine.

I thought it was a 2/1 for , and was quite impressed.

Dunno why, think my brain mashed it together with Thoughtpicker Witch, simic style

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Funny how without Grind being keyword, there is nothing to directly tie this to the Dimir.

Which is exactly how they like it. ಠ_ಠ 
controlly guild...  Cipher gives them free control, while you save all them mana to **** with them on their turn. 
Sign In to post comments