Full spoilers on friday or monday?

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Don't we usually get access to full spoilers a full week before prerelease generally? Or is it a week before release?
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
A week before release is the friday before the prerelease events. Either way you could have enough time to look through the set.
Don't we usually get access to full spoilers a full week before prerelease generally? Or is it a week before release?

if i recall right i think rest of spoilers is around week or so before pre-release.

not fully certain though...
If I remember correctly, they spoil everything on Wednesday of the last spoiler week, so tomorrow.
I think Wizards will post all cards in the card image gallery next monday.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Probably.  There has never been a consistent policy, but expect them in the next week almost certainly.
I seem to recall that there is usually a huge dump of cards the Monday before the pre-release or the Friday before that. However it does feel as though we are a way behind the curve this year - not even half way there. Assuming there are 1 or 2 more cards to come today (Wednesday), and that we won't get new spoils on Saturdays or Sundays, that's 140 cards over Thursday, Friday and the Monday. Don't quite understand the thinking, Wizards.

Near the end they tend to give out more to big sites.  They have been spoiling on the weekend.  I'm hoping they do it friday night at midnight as that would be a week before prerelease events.  A hint at it being this week is the fact that the reconstructed challenge deadline is sunday night and he says you can use all of gatecrash, implying that it will be spoiled.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
If they're planning to spoil the whole set by Monday, then there's going to be about 100 cards that won't get any attention. 134 to go!
Okay, Wizards, when exactly do you intend to spoil the remaining 127 cards?
Damn good question. It's a week and a day until midnight release. Signups are almost full for all 4 prereleases at my LGS and I would've preferred knowing if Orzhov is going to do anything fun or just have a chase mythic.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
fairly certain maro confirmed for this upcoming monday on his tumblr
at best that will be around 40 cards per day. at best. more likely there will be a 100 cards in one splurge.

can't see why wizards "in their infinite wisdom" reckon this is the best way to spoil a set, particularly when we have to choose a guild for the prerelease. 
at best that will be around 40 cards per day. at best. more likely there will be a 100 cards in one splurge.

can't see why wizards "in their infinite wisdom" reckon this is the best way to spoil a set, particularly when we have to choose a guild for the prerelease. 

because they don't want you choosing the "best" guild, they want you choosing the one you like.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.

because they don't want you choosing the "best" guild, they want you choosing the one you like.

I didn't see that being a problem with RTR. And people will still try to change their guild when the cards are spoiled on Monday. Its just that some people, by dint of where they will attend, won't be able to.

In any event, my complaint is mainly that this is a crappy way to spoil cards. today we got 2 cards. Tomorrow and monday we are likely to get over 50 in one hit. WTF? I fail to understand how this is a good thing for anyone.

In any event, my complaint is mainly that this is a crappy way to spoil cards. today we got 2 cards. Tomorrow and monday we are likely to get over 50 in one hit. WTF? I fail to understand how this is a good thing for anyone.

This. Especially since the majorit of cards are uncommons/rares. Don't get me wrong, those are the cards that get people excited, but they aren't the cards that make up the meat of limited... I'd rather they spoiled a rare/mythic everyday, but fleshed that out with commons at the same time rather than getting a overflow at the end.

I get the idea that having them spoil multiple cards at a time might be possibly more to write about.

However, I still think they should have an accelerrating spoiling roll, where at the very least the last week before the full-spoiler should spoil 2-3 cards at a time per writer. To ease the problem for the columnists to possibly need to write more, probably have them be similar cards of those that have obvious synergies, so they cover more cards quicker rather than the dump-truck of limited chaff at the end.

Hell, they could probably make it interesting, like the spoiling an entire verticle common-uncommon-rare cycle at a time, or make something like a "limited round-up" where 3-6 commons are spoiled in one column, and the thing they share is possibly a color or mechanic.
I like ChaoticVision's idea of multiple spoils per writer, especially a vertical group. 
Ouch so 150 cards on monday....i guess the uncommons/commons arent worth writing about.... :/

Looked forward to drooling over the majority of the cards i was going to actually play with at the prerelease too....on a side note i am shocked tjat there have been a dismal amount of leaks....
Ouch so 150 cards on monday....i guess the uncommons/commons arent worth writing about.... :/ Looked forward to drooling over the majority of the cards i was going to actually play with at the prerelease too....on a side note i am shocked tjat there have been a dismal amount of leaks....

Yeah, I remember the forums being flooded with leaked cards during RTR spoiler season. Looks like they managed to keep things on the DL this time.

Yeah, I remember the forums being flooded with leaked cards during RTR spoiler season. Looks like they managed to keep things on the DL this time.

Is this really a "success"? This spoiler season feels flat and not enough "meat on the bone". I was far more energised for RTR. When the splurge happens, most likely I will skim most of the cards and pause only at the outstanding ones. Which means I will have spent less time looking at the cards than if the cards were spoiled in bigger chunks. Isn't it better for wizards if I spend more time looking at the cards in the build-up, not less?

wizards have aggressively enforced its right to release spoiler info at the time and place of its choosing. It would be ironic if the unofficial spoilers were better for sales than its own schedule. 

Well, we had a game store owner leak the remainder of the RTR cards when they opened product before they were supposed to which causes a giant leak way before WotC officially spoils the cards. This might mean that WotC hasn't distributed product yet or nobody has opened something yet. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal though. Most of the cards we'll see won't be too exciting. 
They would have gotten heaploads more publicity and views if they spoiled the cards on friday, saturday and sunday.

I don't know about everyone else -- but I'm mostly online and social in the weekends, and then I work during the week and spend far less time talking about games and new cards.

Perhaps things have changed since my "day" 7 years ago, as I'm just starting to look at Magic again.

But when I used to be very involved in the forums here, there was no full spoiler until the day before the release.  Best case senario, they had an orb of some sort that you could type a word into and it would tell you how many times that word appeared in the set so you could come up with your own wild imaginings as to what was coming.  

Of course outside sources would spoil LOTS of cards much futher before the release, but I don't recall there being any full-list of a non-released set being available a week + out from the release date.

Ya'll are spoiled!  (pun intended) 
Perhaps things have changed since my "day" 7 years ago, as I'm just starting to look at Magic again.

But when I used to be very involved in the forums here, there was no full spoiler until the day before the release.  Best case senario, they had an orb of some sort that you could type a word into and it would tell you how many times that word appeared in the set so you could come up with your own wild imaginings as to what was coming.  

Of course outside sources would spoil LOTS of cards much futher before the release, but I don't recall there being any full-list of a non-released set being available a week + out from the release date.

Ya'll are spoiled!  (pun intended) 

Yeah, good point.
On one side I see why wizards reveal the rares/bombs/one of a kind type of cards first, it's to get people psyched up and write articles of them about it in their boards on the official site. It's actually cool to see what they write about the stuff they release...quite entertaining. It's also a way to keep people "hyped" about the set, rather than seeing "boring, useless, trash" commons/uncommons.
On the other side, I understand why players want to see "more balanced" revelation of cards. I mean, a lot of the players interested of the spoilers are limited/casual players (I guess?), and since commons and uncommons are the foundation on which sets are made (product-wise, in boosters they are the most representative), I think it's important for us to see them along with the "spectacular" cards.
Well, we had a game store owner leak the remainder of the RTR cards when they opened product before they were supposed to which causes a giant leak way before WotC officially spoils the cards. This might mean that WotC hasn't distributed product yet or nobody has opened something yet. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal though. Most of the cards we'll see won't be too exciting

Maybe not for you, but for the average limited player they will be. 

We haven't seen hardly any of the common/uncommon removal in the set, which is annoying as that is a big factor in how the set will play out.

I agree with what Highwayman says about this spoiler season feeling flat and unexciting. They should start spoiler season off with a bang and wow everyone with a few rare/mythics, while also revealing  the mechanics of the set. Then there should be a steady stream each day, a mix of rarities, and then they should save the best til last and end with an awesome card or two. But instead they do it like they have now which is boring and frustrating. Trickling it out until a sudden dump at the end.
I agree with what Highwayman says about this spoiler season feeling flat and unexciting. They should start spoiler season off with a bang and wow everyone with a few rare/mythics, while also revealing  the mechanics of the set. Then there should be a steady stream each day, a mix of rarities, and then they should save the best til last and end with an awesome card or two. But instead they do it like they have now which is boring and frustrating. Trickling it out until a sudden dump at the end.

Yes exactly what I've been thinking. Should be more fluid. They should do it like you're saying. Also, what about spoilering the cards in the order of the events in the story? That could be cool. Is that possible? Do they already do that and I'm missing something?
personally i think they should spoil cards in bunches like this:

0-1 mythics
1-3 rares
5 uncommons
5 commons

that way we get a mix of the rarities and no dumps near the end. they could get bunches of cards with the same color still, or even the same mechanic/guild. Seeing all the rares is great, but the majority of any set is the commons/uncommons 

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
I think we're all taking for granted that the set SHOULD be spoiled prior to release.

Personally, I like the way they do it now.  Catch the standard player's interest with a few rare bombs, then get the limited player's attention by talking about the mechanics and feel of the set, while not uncovering more than 7-8% of the set itself.  

Many casual players find pre-releases to be the last "fair" place to play in an actual tournament setting, because no one knows the whole set, and its somewhat equal footing.  I'd be happy if the internet weren't the most giant **** in the world when it comes to leaking every possible kind of information ever, and we only got 5% of a new set.  Enough for flavor, mechanics, and a few eye-candy cards to keep interest up until the release itself.  

Now people are bitching and moaning they don't have 100% of the info a week plus out because its not "convenient" to play SEALED without knowing everything about the set.  

Are you kidding?  Why even GO to a pre release if you already know what all the cards are?  What's the point?  Where's the fun in that?  You may as well just draft at your local FNM or with friends.

The whole POINT of a pre release is to gather people together to play with a new set and discover what its all about and talk about which cards are awesome and trade and play.  Who's going to drive miles and hours out of their way to a release when they already know what the set is?  

Sorry....spoilers are bad for business, and for the game in general.  That's why they do it the way they do.
Who's going to drive miles and hours out of their way to a release when they already know what the set is?  

Most.
I think we're all taking for granted that the set SHOULD be spoiled prior to release.

Personally, I like the way they do it now.  Catch the standard player's interest with a few rare bombs, then get the limited player's attention by talking about the mechanics and feel of the set, while not uncovering more than 7-8% of the set itself.  

Many casual players find pre-releases to be the last "fair" place to play in an actual tournament setting, because no one knows the whole set, and its somewhat equal footing.  I'd be happy if the internet weren't the most giant **** in the world when it comes to leaking every possible kind of information ever, and we only got 5% of a new set.  Enough for flavor, mechanics, and a few eye-candy cards to keep interest up until the release itself.  

Now people are bitching and moaning they don't have 100% of the info a week plus out because its not "convenient" to play SEALED without knowing everything about the set.  

Are you kidding?  Why even GO to a pre release if you already know what all the cards are?  What's the point?  Where's the fun in that?  You may as well just draft at your local FNM or with friends.

The whole POINT of a pre release is to gather people together to play with a new set and discover what its all about and talk about which cards are awesome and trade and play.  Who's going to drive miles and hours out of their way to a release when they already know what the set is?  

Sorry....spoilers are bad for business, and for the game in general.  That's why they do it the way they do.

Disagree...I play limited and most people are close to running out of time to build their sealed in formats that they have played many times. Not knowing a single card before getting your sealed pool is a good way to build a crappy deck and not have fun. If we had an hour to make the deck that would be a different story...

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Exactly how it should be at a pre release.

If you can build a deck in 7 minutes, you're not playing with a new set.  You're in auto-pilot with a set you know forwards and backwards.  Completely not the point of a pre-release.  

And yes, not knowing the cards CAN lead to serious deckbuilding errors (as opposed to if you knew all the cards).

Pre release events are not about dominating the floor with you awesome skills/tech.  Its about having fun with new cards that you've never seen before, and thinking ON THE FLY about how to deal with them.

In my experience, limited/drafters tend to be really crafty and creative.

It honestly saddens me that you would say you wouldn't have fun at a pre-re without a full spoil.  

But I suppose there are always folks who only get enjoyment out of winning, and nothing short of that.  To each their own.   

If you can build a deck in 7 minutes, you're not playing with a new set.  You're in auto-pilot with a set you know forwards and backwards.  Completely not the point of a pre-release.  

And yes, not knowing the cards CAN lead to serious deckbuilding errors (as opposed to if you knew all the cards).

Pre release events are not about dominating the floor with you awesome skills/tech.  Its about having fun with new cards that you've never seen before, and thinking ON THE FLY about how to deal with them.

It honestly saddens me that you would say you wouldn't have fun at a pre-re without a full spoil.  

But I suppose there are always folks who only get enjoyment out of winning, and nothing short of that.  To each their own.   

The first prerelease I can recall attending was exodus. No spoilers back then. Heck no internet then to speak of. I only remember that (a) I didn't do very well and (b) I opened a recurring nightmare which people thought I was crazy to play, but which was in fact (not surprisingly) amazing. The first prerelease I can recall doing well at was the  Invasion prelease. I got a decent amount of mana fixing and - eschewing the conventional wisdom at the time - ran four colors instead of the "tried and tested" two. I went unbeaten all day (I had to drop the last round to make a birthday party that evening - and left with no packs - so have no idea if I would have won the event). Those were the days! Those were also the days when you could turn up at a tournment, with your homebrew deck that cost less than $100, and do quite well. Those were the days when most expensive cards in the new set rarely exceeded £10. Those were the days when card sharks were a rare, isolated bunch and you could afford to ignore them and just trade with your friends. For me those were the halcedean days of magic - not the best by design standards, but when the game had a naive charm about it and you could play with your wits, not 1,000 hours of practice online and $1,000 decks, and you didn't feel that Wizards were out to bleed you for every penny.

But that's not where we are now, for better or for worse. I agree with you that competing on the fly is more noble, but I think everyone having the knowledge is probably a more even state of affairs than if a set wasn't to be spoiled until the day of the prerelease - even if that were the case some people would still find a way to get an advantage (information from earlier time zones, playing in successive events, etc). So unfortunately we can't turn back the clock on that.

In any event, I think we are talking about two different things. You are debating advance knowledge vs no advance knowledge. I'm suggesting that if spoilers exist at all, then so-called "spoiler season" is better served with a steady, escalating release of cards and not this "leaky tap" approach followed by more than half the set in one day. I have found this spoiler season to be quite irritating with "Wizards knows best" deciding that 2 cards spoiled over 3 days then followed by 125 cards is a good way to drum up my interest in the new set.

I have a perspective on this that I believe hasn't been addressed.

I am a low-to-mid competitive player. I go to FNM and releases, and any tournaments that are reasonably local for me. The thing I like to do with a new set is see what I can brew with to take to FNM with me the day of release. THAT'S why I like having the set spoiled early, so I know qhich cards to preorder.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
The full set will be released tomorrow.  This is how Wizards tries to do it.  Mythics and bomb rares are the ones that have articles written about them; they, and a select few commons and uncommons for limited.  Why has it been taking so long to see them all, you ask?  Why does it feel like we haven't been getting as many cards this time around?  For two reasons:  1, because Wizards has apparently been able to keep a very tight lid on unauthorized spoilers and leaks; and 2, because Gatecrash is a large set, a fact that it appears no one has addressed yet.  The fact that Gatecrash is a large set means that we got three weeks of spoilers instead of two.

Wizards is very methodical when it comes to releasing spoilers.  They put a lot of thought into what cards they spoil on the mothership and in what order.  The Monday before prerelease is usually when the full visual spoiler gets put up.  Tomorrow, you can expect the full spoiler, plus the Prerelease Primer.

Rules Advisor

*prays for some neat unknown uncommons and/or commons relvealed tomorrow*
There are still 127 cards left, even 3 rares if I recall right.
Can't wait, WotC please make me squeak!
with a set this big, we're all gonna find SOMWTHING to exclaim about tomorrow when the full spoiler goes live. Wizards has really kept a lid on it, and I think this is, finally, how they intend spoilers to happen, teasing followed by "ohmygodwow".
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:

The first prerelease I can recall attending was exodus. No spoilers back then. Heck no internet then to speak of. I only remember that (a) I didn't do very well and (b) I opened a recurring nightmare which people thought I was crazy to play, but which was in fact (not surprisingly) amazing. The first prerelease I can recall doing well at was the  Invasion prelease. I got a decent amount of mana fixing and - eschewing the conventional wisdom at the time - ran four colors instead of the "tried and tested" two. I went unbeaten all day (I had to drop the last round to make a birthday party that evening - and left with no packs - so have no idea if I would have won the event). Those were the days! Those were also the days when you could turn up at a tournment, with your homebrew deck that cost less than $100, and do quite well. Those were the days when most expensive cards in the new set rarely exceeded £10. Those were the days when card sharks were a rare, isolated bunch and you could afford to ignore them and just trade with your friends. For me those were the halcedean days of magic - not the best by design standards, but when the game had a naive charm about it and you could play with your wits, not 1,000 hours of practice online and $1,000 decks, and you didn't feel that Wizards were out to bleed you for every penny.

But that's not where we are now, for better or for worse. I agree with you that competing on the fly is more noble, but I think everyone having the knowledge is probably a more even state of affairs than if a set wasn't to be spoiled until the day of the prerelease - even if that were the case some people would still find a way to get an advantage (information from earlier time zones, playing in successive events, etc). So unfortunately we can't turn back the clock on that.

In any event, I think we are talking about two different things. You are debating advance knowledge vs no advance knowledge. I'm suggesting that if spoilers exist at all, then so-called "spoiler season" is better served with a steady, escalating release of cards and not this "leaky tap" approach followed by more than half the set in one day. I have found this spoiler season to be quite irritating with "Wizards knows best" deciding that 2 cards spoiled over 3 days then followed by 125 cards is a good way to drum up my interest in the new set.

I think there are a LOT more people who still find pre releases to be fun and casual than you think.  Afterall, while it is nice to win, and win prizes....there are no pro points to be earned, no cash prizes, no byes for GP's to be handed out.  This is the ONE and only event I'd take my wife to because people I've played with are nice enough to let you untap mana if you tap it to play a spell because its supposed to be a casual event.  I would never expect anyone to do that anywhere else, but it happens at the pre re.  Absolutely, no doubt....there are the hardcore nerds that stay up all night devising the best draft strategy and try and figure out the print order and come up with formulas to gain an upper hand....there always be will.  I say let the nerds have their OCD about it.  I'm gonna enjoy playing at my own pace.  End of day....I'll enjoy myself no matter what, and if they don't win, they're leaving pissed.

That said....I'm sorry if the convo derailed a bit because of me.  I'd agree with you that if they were GOING to spoil more, that they should do it as you mentioned.  

I just firmly believe they should NOT do any more than they currently do.   
@ ilvmymustang - I suspect we agree on quite a bit really - it's the relaxed fun of the day with new cards that I Most enjoy

@ strago_magus - well, Wizards may have indeed put a lot of thought into this and finally expunged all unofficial spoilers. in which case this should have been the perfect spoiler season. Speaking personally, my experience has been far from any utopian anticipation. I would say that they've misjudged how good for building interest these unofficial spoilers were. i do sense that with Wizards "unofficial" is seen as "wrong" by default. 

well, I've said my bit and then some. By the time I check back this thread and all the debates on other cards will pretty much be lost in the 127 card ICD avalanche. Of which I suspect I will find more than a few cards I will be delighted to see but, like trying to eat all my pic n mix in one mouthful, I will not savour them all that much. Happy end-of-spoiler season everyone!