What art would you like to be on?

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Most people agree that they like certain card art. What art would YOU like to be on? The only suggestions for posts are: There has to be some sort of person on the art (No basic land); And you cannot say you would like to be added to art that has no people (replacements only). These might sound like weird criteria, but who wants to see a bunch of posts about how someone wants to inserted riding a Flameblast Dragon? (though that would be kinda cool)

To start things off, I'll say that I want to be on the art for Indestructibility.
Earthbind.

But just, like, my consciousness. Keep the actual physical form the same please.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Wait! So you want to be a bondage fairy Keeper? Does your girlfriend know about this?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
My immediate cheap petty thought was to be the guy on Gwendlyn Di Corci, but he's probably about to die horribly, so let's go with... Tolsimir Wolfblood? He'd be a pretty cool guy to be.

Actually, on the note of cool mounts, it'd be fun to replace one of the hooded figures on Hypnotic Specter, Needle Specter, or Whispering Specter.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Wait! So you want to be a bondage fairy Keeper? Does your girlfriend know about this?

When I was telling her about this thread "bondage fairy" was the exact way I described it. :P So yes. It's really, really nice to be dating someone supportive.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Now I almost want a signature. You guys are now my favourite internet couple.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Want: Last Stand or Planar Gate

Would get: Gluttonous Zombie

On Last Stand, would you be one of the Coalition, or one of the Phyrexians? :P
I'd want to be on one of the cool angel cards like Avacyn or Illusory Angel (not neccessarily a powerful one, just a cool one).

This is not only cause angels are kick-ass, but also largely cause I'm a guy, and I think Magic's fixation on "ALL ANGELS MUST BE FEMALE!"(shush you) is eye-rollingly ridiculous.

Other than that... I've got a soft spot for Mentor of the Meek.

Sheoldred, Whispering One or Tsabo Tavoc for the badass...ass.

Or Bloodgift Demon, so I can chill with my cult and have a drink.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
I think Magic's fixation on "ALL ANGELS MUST BE FEMALE!"(shush you) is eye-rollingly ridiculous.

Hear, hear!
Somewhere below the feet of Rakdos, Lord of Riots
Either the Simic Guildmage or Predator's Rapport Right now, though Zameck Guildmage is up there too. All about Simic and Gruul right now (Was about Izzet and NEW Golgari in RTR) OH! Speaking of Izzet, maybe one of the earth bending guys on Street Spasm
Rules Advisor
Basking Rootwalla. I'm going to be a lizard whether you like it or not, and I will be the cutest damn lizard ever.

I guess if I had to follow the criteria though I'd choose Nicolas Cage, I've always wanted to be able to shapeshift. Coincedentally my name is only two letters off of of Mr. Cage's and this is probably the card with the closest art to how I look irl, so yeah, clearly fate.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
This is not only cause angels are kick-ass, but also largely cause I'm a guy, and I think Magic's fixation on "ALL ANGELS MUST BE FEMALE!"(shush you) is eye-rollingly ridiculous.

Eh, I just see it as a quirk of the setting, like the existence of Flumphs or Gelatinous Cubes.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

It's not a quirk of the setting though.

It's a quirk of marketing combining with the patriarchy in unfortunate ways.

I think it's totally reasonable to be frustrated by that state of affairs.
kargan dragonlord on top level. Because I do want to ride a dragon

Eh, I just see it as a quirk of the setting, like the existence of Flumphs or Gelatinous Cubes.

See, I could agree with that, if Magic only had one setting.

Magic doesn't take place in a single setting though, it has many, many settings. It's purely a meta/marketing decision, and not one I will ever agree with.

On Topic, can we be planeswalkers? Cause I think I'd like to be Gideon Jura, his art's pretty badass.

It does: the multiverse. There are many sub-settings within that overarching framework, but it's still all one system.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

It does: the multiverse. There are many sub-settings within that overarching framework, but it's still all one system.

The existence of Dominia doesn't excuse cowardly pandering.
Word of Command... If I wasn't already there. ;)

Huh. And another mystery is solved.

Most creative response yet, I think.
Lord of the Unreal. That dude just seems so badass. And he's got a great coat.
Unfortunately, specters in general have already been mentioned, but not Blizzard Specter!
And if we get to pick bondage fairy bodies and the like, .

At the risk of asking for a repeat of something already explained, or sparking a nasty dispute, would you mind explaining how the decision to depict angels as female humanoids is cowardly pandering resultant of the patriarchy?
"The truth resists simplicity."
Some memorable quotes
57461258 wrote:
I know, as a good liberal scholar, that I'm supposed to respect every other belief and culture and what have you that comes along but... at the end of the day, when all is said and done, some things are just plain wrong.
92481331 wrote:
Venser "Ah, Hello Myr. This is the King. Long Time no see. We thought today would be a good day for rolling. The Myr Battlesphere. The Myr. Where the first rolls and the second follows. Roll, roll, roll. For that purpose we went to the bother, the bother of fixing up Mirrodin. The King of the Multiverse going to the bother just for rolling a Myr Battlephere, just for that, we went to the bother."
92126575 wrote:
Heard a joke once: Mare goes to doctor. Says she's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says she feels all alone in a threatening world where even ponies you thought were your friends can't be trusted. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Go to one of Pinkie Pie's great parties tonight. Party hard. That should pick you up." Mare bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pinkie Pie." Good joke. Everypony laughs. Roll on snare drum. Curtains. Fade to black.
69511863 wrote:
Sure, "the average person" might go see Transformers 3 if s/he wants a good story, but that doesn't stop people from making decent movies. Hell, they even managed to make Batman into a respectable movie. "The average" person might like American Idol or Jersey Shore, but people still made The Wire.
57722938 wrote:
I think the people who would sit down and listen to a minstrel reciting Homer, or thought that novels were art, or read poetry were always a minority. It's a common viewpoint that art was better in the past because everyone's forgotten the bad stuff, while we haven't had time to forget the awful stuff that is current.
56738148 wrote:
For almost all Magic fans, the "story" of Ravnica, for example, is that it's a city world with ten guilds -- yes, for most, that's a "story." All but a tiny fraction of the fan base are entirely unaware of an elaborate plot perpetrated by Augustin IV to trick Agrus Kos and Szadek into breaking the Guildpact, thereby enabling the Azorius to take control. Likewise, the vast majority of Magic players don't know who Harbin is, or Nivea, or Al-Hayat, or Feather, or Jared Carthalion, or Rebbec, or Zagorka ... the list goes on and on.
57916198 wrote:
I'm pulling this out of nowhere and it has nothing like fact attached to it, but it cannot be disproven without breaking the fourth wall, and this is going to be my headcanon because it makes perfect sense. I posit [Tamiyo, the Moon Sage] writes the Planeswalker's Guides to planes.
And one more thing...
CANON is the collected events and details of a fictional work that come directly from its author or someone with equal authority to the author. CANNON is a weapon that fires metal balls at a target, usually a structure or a crowd of enemy combatants. Every time you confuse the two, I'm forced to break one of my own fingers.
I'm pretty sure we've all been in a similar situation as the little fella that's in Unexpected Results... unless somehow some of you weren't born from a human female. Or aren't plugged into the matrix anymore...
Sign In to post comments