character weapon/implement question

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
alright I am making a sorceror and i want to be using a scyth as my weapon of choice for spell casting and am curious what feat/s are needed for me to be able to use that scyth to cast spells. i dont need it to do anything beyond that but i cant seem to get it to work quite right *shrug*
Scythes are a heavy blade so a simple multiclass into swordmage would allow you to use Scythes as an implement
Or use a staff and call it a scythe. Since this is CharOp I feel the need to point out that a scythe is a terrible implement.
Or use a staff and call it a scythe. Since this is CharOp I feel the need to point out that a scythe is a terrible implement.

This. A staff re-fluffed into a scythe would be far superior mechanically (just stick a blade on your staff. Done).
Or a dagger.  Call it an itty-bitty scythe.

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

call it a scyth (face palm) that will work. i can just make an attachment thing that makes any staff i use appear as a scyth. just gotta ask the dm how much it would cost.
It doesn't have to be a fake scythe in the game.  Your character can totally be wielding the most badass scythe you can think of. Just on your character sheet, it says staff instead.
Refluffing options to fit the mental picture of your character is very much encouraged.