Burgeoning

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burgeoning

SO I play this on turn one.
My opponent puts a land into play from their hand.

Can I now put another land into play?   Or i this one of those tricky-dicky wording things?    
If Burgeoning is on the battlefield when your opponent plays a land, it will trigger and allow you to put a land onto the battlefield. It doesn't matter when Burgeoning entered the battlefield.
Rules Advisor
You can put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.

This is different from the special action of playing a land, which can only be done on your turn.
You can put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.

This is different from the special action of playing a land, which can only be done on your turn.

True - so no "enters the battlefield" effects etc. after a Burgeoning trigger.

Ta everyone, just wanted to make sure I wasn't reading this card wrong.
On the contrary: if you have a permanent that triggers from a land entering the battlefield (like, say, this one), it will most definitely trigger.

Level 1 Judge as of 09/26/2013

Zammm = Batman

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins." -- Fallingman

IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
Or this one! Or this one!

Temple Garden doesn't have a triggered ability, it's a self replacement ability that modifies how it enters the battlefield, but OP would indeed have to pay 2 life so it doesn't enter the battlefield tapped during Burgeoning's trigger resolution.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Yup, that's why I named a shockland. Because there are other relevent "enters the battlefield effects" and figured I would mention one, just to punctuate that fact. Actually, that's all I would have posted, but I couldn't resist the urge to use a Lotus Cobra for reference, even though Landfall had already been used as an example.

I guess we could go with Lotus Vale and Lake of the dead also.

For OP: Check the oracle text on these lands because they use intervening "if" clauses now, because they have been errataed.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
however something like Horn of Greed would not trigger.

Level 1 Judge

if both player have Burgeoning it will also not create a loop
proud member of the 2011 community team