Burgeoning

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burgeoning

SO I play this on turn one.
My opponent puts a land into play from their hand.

Can I now put another land into play?   Or i this one of those tricky-dicky wording things?    
If Burgeoning is on the battlefield when your opponent plays a land, it will trigger and allow you to put a land onto the battlefield. It doesn't matter when Burgeoning entered the battlefield.
Rules Advisor
You can put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.

This is different from the special action of playing a land, which can only be done on your turn.
You can put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.

This is different from the special action of playing a land, which can only be done on your turn.

True - so no "enters the battlefield" effects etc. after a Burgeoning trigger.

Ta everyone, just wanted to make sure I wasn't reading this card wrong.
On the contrary: if you have a permanent that triggers from a land entering the battlefield (like, say, this one), it will most definitely trigger.

"Proc" stands for "Programmed Random OCcurance". It does not even vaguely apply to anything Magic cards do. Don't use it.

Level 1 Judge as of 09/26/2013

Zammm = Batman

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins." -- Fallingman

IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
Or this one! Or this one!

Temple Garden doesn't have a triggered ability, it's a self replacement ability that modifies how it enters the battlefield, but OP would indeed have to pay 2 life so it doesn't enter the battlefield tapped during Burgeoning's trigger resolution.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Yup, that's why I named a shockland. Because there are other relevent "enters the battlefield effects" and figured I would mention one, just to punctuate that fact. Actually, that's all I would have posted, but I couldn't resist the urge to use a Lotus Cobra for reference, even though Landfall had already been used as an example.

I guess we could go with Lotus Vale and Lake of the dead also.

For OP: Check the oracle text on these lands because they use intervening "if" clauses now, because they have been errataed.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
however something like Horn of Greed would not trigger.

Level 1 Judge

if both player have Burgeoning it will also not create a loop
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments