lack of magic items?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
hi guys

so ive got the DM kit and the starter set and ive noticed that in the DM kit book it talks alot about magic items but there are very very few in it, in fact quite a few levels dont have any for them

so where can i get more magic items? any books or such?
hi guys

so ive got the DM kit and the starter set and ive noticed that in the DM kit book it talks alot about magic items but there are very very few in it, in fact quite a few levels dont have any for them

You can get more through the original PHBs, Adventurers Vault 1&2, and Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium (This is a favorite of mine)

There are also in some Dungeon & Dragon articles and in other optional books. 

Come to 4ENCLAVE for a fan based 4th Edition Community.

You could also get a DDI subscription and have access to all the magic items in the game via a search engine.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
hi guys

If you can find a copy of Adventurer's Vault, there's a staggering number of items in it. That plus those found in whatever player books your group fields should prove more than enough.
4e D&D is not a "Tabletop MMO." It is not Massively Multiplayer, and is usually not played Online. Come up with better descriptions of your complaints, cuz this one means jack ****.
Only problem with Adventurer's Vault (1) is that it is out of print, so you may have to resort to Amazon or eBay.
You could also get a DDI subscription and have access to all the magic items in the game via a search engine.

Or pay a nominal monthly/3 month/yearly fee and have access to ALL of the books EVER, as well as dragon, dungeon, and WoTC adventure modules with new items.
Only problem with Adventurer's Vault (1) is that it is out of print, so you may have to resort to Amazon or eBay.

Just did an Amazon search, can easily get a new copy for about $40 (including shipping).
4e D&D is not a "Tabletop MMO." It is not Massively Multiplayer, and is usually not played Online. Come up with better descriptions of your complaints, cuz this one means jack ****.
If you want to get a book, your best bet is one of the three books of magic items.

Of the three treasure books published (AV, AV2 and MME) The Mordenkainen book has the fewest items but the most flavor and backstory for the items. In contrast, Adventurers Vault has the most items but the least flavor and backstory. You probably only need one of these books so pick the one that suits your needs.

Or you could get a DDI subscription and get everything, but be aware that 4e will no longer be supported by WotC at some point in the next year and they could potentially pull the plug on the 4e digital tools at any time.

Book or online subscription? Whatever works best for you. 
Sign In to post comments